New Halo spell animation change

I just jumped onto my shadow priest for the first time since 6.0.2 and noticed the animation for Halo has changed...i think. The ring spreads out a lot quicker now. Doesn't feel like it has the weight of the previous animation, not as solid, when it was slower. Also does this mean it actually hits the mobs or players more quickly? What love to hear what you think.

LB

Quote Originally Posted by Lionbeard View Post
    Also does this mean it actually hits the mobs or players more quickly? What love to hear what you think.
    Yes. Faster animation means it will hit mobs faster (or the other way around - it's animation is faster to match the time it hits)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Yes. Faster animation means it will hit mobs faster (or the other way around - it's animation is faster to match the time it hits)
    It's probably compensation for the cast time to make it easier to hit your target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that too. I liked the new speed

The animation seems faster, but the heal is a bit delayed. Often times I won't see the green numbers until up to 1 second after the animation passes over the player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    It's probably compensation for the cast time to make it easier to hit your target.
    No cast time with shadow.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephraia View Post
    No cast time with shadow.
    True, though I wouldn't expect them to keep two animations of the same spell.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Halo calculates all healing or damage based on position at cast time. The animation is just fluff, and speeding it up is part of reducing annoying and distracting animations.

Deleted
    I like the new speed as shadow - it feels like BOOM EXPLOSION OF DEATH AND SHADOW AND EPICNESS.

It now takes half the time to hit your targets at 25 yd. Has anyone else noticed delay for this particular spell though?

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    It now takes half the time to hit your targets at 25 yd. Has anyone else noticed delay for this particular spell though?
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The animation seems faster, but the heal is a bit delayed. Often times I won't see the green numbers until up to 1 second after the animation passes over the player.
    sneaky 10char

Deleted
    I've noticed Cascade seems a bit buggy with the animation. Sometimes the bolts disappear graphically but the healing still occurs.