Deleted

Frost DW Rotation Question.

Obliterate is extremely annoying, it uses up valuable frost runes and even worse it doesn't skyrocket my DPS, it's just an annoying ability through and through.
    I replaced it with plague strike, it's more consistent in my opinion. Updates plood plague, uses up only a single unholy rune and most importantly, my howling blast spam can commence with no disturbance.
    Has anyone tried this maneuver? I'm pretty satisfied with it, my dps went up actually.

I'm not sure but isn't this already known under the name of "Mastersimple"?

I was never a friend of it. I liked to Obliterate every now and then because I had to press my abilities faster then my GCD allowed me to. So 6.0 went in the right direction with slowing down... maybe too far.

Your running something between Mastersimple and Mastercomplicated rotations. Mastersimple rotation is a rotation in which you actually completely drop Obliterate and Soul Reaper out of your rotation.
    Its actual minor DPS loss compared to normal, Mastercomplicated rotation and the more mastery you have the more you will lessen that loss. Now, theres a gear check at which point Mastersimple becomes "valuable" choice. I personally dont support it at all cause it makes rotation extremely stupid, HB, FS and PS and.. CDs and thats it.

As for 6.0 and some deeper analyses, DW frost is currently slowed down quite a bit and Devs increased FS cost to avoid creating Mastersimple rotation yet again, but by doing so they also buffed FS damage which hits far more than Obliterate. The design was that for DW FS hits like a truck, and for 2H Obliterate hits like a train. Even now, with T17 theres some gear setups that make mastersimple rotation "valuable" at some point and lot of ppl say that it will be back for sure.

You can find more info about Mastersimple VS Mastercomplicated at Mendenbarr's blog, hes original creator of Mastersimple rotation and one of top frost DKs in the world.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2014-10-22 at 01:28 AM.