Thread: Night Terrors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest to you they are more than just nightmares, I have had many experiences like yours and have come to the conclusion that they are demonic, only the name of Jesus is a defense against them. I suggest you use His name next time it happens, say something like "in the name of Jesus I command you to leave me right now", try it as an experiment.

Deleted
    Uh...nope?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    I suggest to you they are more than just nightmares, I have had many experiences like yours and have come to the conclusion that they are demonic, only the name of Jesus is a defense against them. I suggest you use His name next time it happens, say something like "in the name of Jesus I command you to leave me right now", try it as an experiment.
    Holy crap, the gospel has reached MMO-C, break out your brain washing soap, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If you're actually having night terrors and not just nightmares you need to see a Dr. There's medication that they can give you to help with it. Keep in mind there is a difference between night mares and night terrors. This is why you need a Dr to diagnose the problem. I suggest calling a dr soon
    I'd hesitate to go straight for the drugs though. In all likelyhood, a Dr. will recommend an anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medication.
    These come with a host of side-effects, and are used as a general 'catch-all' medication when they don't know what else to give you.
    Use drugs as a last resort.

Here's some things that have helped me sleep better:

Get a bit of exercise during the day.

Eat better, if you're diet isn't that great.

Take Vitamin D if you live in a cloudy climate...you are very likely deficient. (Don't worry, most people are unless they get a lot of sun.) Take it in the morning. (Taking it at night keeps some people awake, so you don't want that to happen.)

Get some Melatonin, like 3mg-5mg dose. It's not a drug, and its not a sleeping pill. It's what your brain is supposed to produce naturally during a normal nights sleep, and take it before bed. - I noticed the BIGGEST change just from this one alone.

All of this is easily researched if you want to check...I know I'm just a guy on the forums, lol.

It's what has helped me, I did my research on this stuff, I hope you get some good sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Torus View Post
    I'd hesitate to go straight for the drugs though. In all likelyhood, a Dr. will recommend an anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medication.
    These come with a host of side-effects, and are used as a general 'catch-all' medication when they don't know what else to give you.
    Use drugs as a last resort.

Here's some things that have helped me sleep better:

Get a bit of exercise during the day.

Eat better, if you're diet isn't that great.

Take Vitamin D if you live in a cloudy climate...you are very likely deficient. (Don't worry, most people are unless they get a lot of sun.) Take it in the morning. (Taking it at night keeps some people awake, so you don't want that to happen.)

Get some Melatonin, like 3mg-5mg dose. It's not a drug, and its not a sleeping pill. It's what your brain is supposed to produce naturally during a normal nights sleep, and take it before bed. - I noticed the BIGGEST change just from this one alone.

All of this is easily researched if you want to check...I know I'm just a guy on the forums, lol.

It's what has helped me, I did my research on this stuff, I hope you get some good sleep.

My point being is that he needs to see a dr if he's actually having Night Terrors. There's nothing really anybody here on a gaming forum can help. None of us are drs and I'm pretty sure this falls into the realm of being medical issues and not something any of us should be messing with.

I have had a couple that stand out in my mind. One in which I fell into a big vat of severed limbs that were sort of....like...suspended in liquid. And after I shook myself off from the fall and started to swim to the edge the random bits and pieces started grabbing at me in a clear attempt to drown me.

The worst involved me being in a perspective that was outside my own body. There was this thin, floating shadow creature with claws that was stalking another me. The other me got into a fight with it and it didn't end well. I seemingly had no body or way to move and was stuck in a fix perspective the entire time. And I watched the thing eviscerate the other me and casually toss the remnants of my right arm to the floor. And then it suddenly noticed where I was watching from and made a beeline for me. I remember feeling the instinct to run but, again, I had no physical form in this dream. So it overwhelmed my field of vision and I woke up. I can still remember the horrible chill from the moment that thing noticed the presence of my mind or whatever.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I've ever heard of this phenomenon. Sure, I've had nightmares, but this sounds messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Can't say I've ever heard of this phenomenon. Sure, I've had nightmares, but this sounds messed up.
    It's brutal.

Imagine waking up and having your nightmare follow you into reality.
    and you know you're awake, you can see your stuff in your room, and how bright or dark the light is, and you're being attacked and/or terrorized by something horrifying...and then it just fades away or disappears and you're left there...still in your room, trying to recover.

Edit: I'd have to say the feeling that goes with it, is pure dread. I've felt it before even turning my light off at bed time. It's like a thickness in the air...pure dread. and I knew I was in for an awful night.
    Last edited by Torus; 2014-10-21 at 05:44 PM.