Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For the past hour I have been in a group "afk" while browsing around mmochamp.
    Every 5 minutes or so I alt-tab to wow, use my loot-a-rang, then go back to browsing the net.
    Easiest 30k timeless coins and 1k charms ever.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You're doing it wrong.

At this stage, grinding for coins is an utter waste of time, it's all going to replaced in about 6 weeks (tops) regardless of how many upgrades you've gotten it. And gearing fresh(ish) alts is an even bigger waste of time, as they're going to replace their gear even sooner. BoA's are going to be utterly unnecessary.

If anything, you're better off going up the hill, as you get coins, AND elites for quests, AND rep. And less boring fights. And less people to compete with.
    Except BoA's will be used tell lvl 100 or w/e you get a heroic weapon

They laughed at my cluttered bags, space taken up by the not-yet-patched Lesser Charms of Fortune. They jeered and sneered as I meticulously picked up every coin from every mob, every chest and every object, making sure not a single one escaped my grasp. They rolled their eyes at my throne of thousands upon thousands of glistening charms, thinking it to be a waste and a monument to pointlessness.

Now who's laughing, world?

Quote Originally Posted by wholockian View Post
    AGREED. So much better.
    yeah I can understand complaining about it if it was the best method by far, but it isn't EVEN the best method. So I simply say, stop killing frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    They laughed at my cluttered bags, space taken up by the not-yet-patched Lesser Charms of Fortune. They jeered and sneered as I meticulously picked up every coin from every mob, every chest and every object, making sure not a single one escaped my grasp. They rolled their eyes at my throne of thousands upon thousands of glistening charms, thinking it to be a waste and a monument to pointlessness.

Now who's laughing, world?
    Me, you sound like a nutjob.

Deleted
    In order to flex or raid you must kill frogs for hours, but to join a frog group you need ilvl from flex or raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    In order to flex or raid you must kill frogs for hours, but to join a frog group you need ilvl from flex or raid.
    I agree ilvl requirements can be crazy but if you find the right guild you can farm frogs all the to at any ilevel.
    Right now my guild is running anyone who wants a boa thru heroic garrosh (former normal) so 569 ilvl boa's.
    It is easy right now to carry a few at a time and you can redo it over and over right now as long as someone has lockout.
    You can bring in mains over and over as long as lockout and not first to step in so in a bad guild if not doing this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Huh. I've been in frog groups on my priest the last two nights, starting from fresh level 87 to now just shy of 90. I quit for the night a couple hours ago, but when I ding 90 tomorrow, I'll have enough coins to buy both timeless trinkets and a couple burdens, in addition to the burdens I got while farming... and of course the ludicrous 6k charms, half of which I'll never need.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Doesn't matter. I'm not going to sit around and do nothing until WoD. I'm upgrading all my gear because it's fun. Your attitude on this makes it seem like you don't enjoy the game, you play it because you feel you have to to get X gear or do Y thing. Seems like you think the game is a chore.
    It was the OP he was replying to who sounded like he thought the game was a chore. Go and read the first post in this thread. Do you think that it sounds like he is upgrading gear "because it's fun"? I don't hear much fun being had in that post.

I for one enjoy the massacre of frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonned View Post
    I came back in July of this year a little late but enough to get through MOP content. I made my way through SOO LFR gearing up most of my toons to 528ish and even did a little flex. I was slowly leveling up their gear a piece a week but was quite a ways from completion. However since 6.0.2 hit and the removal of weekly valor all I have been doing for around 90% of my gameplay is grinding frogs.

I need frogs for gear upgrades, I need frogs for warforged seals, I need frogs for everything. Over the past week or so I have probably killed upwards of 10,000 of them across all of my toons trying to get the ilevels up so I can do some last minute BOA grabs.

Point is this is quite possibly in my opinion the worst design decision ever made by blizzard and I will probably resent frogs for the rest of my life when mists passes lol
    each time I see people farming frogs, I laugh

I have over 7400 coins atm, and imagine, that I have never farmed lesser coins.
    I enjoyed doing questing + some reputation and dungeon farm while leveling and that was all.
    can't believe people waste their time on endless frog killing. instead of questing and enjoying content blizz made for us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Point is this is quite possibly in my opinion the worst design decision ever made by blizzard and I will probably resent frogs for the rest of my life when mists passes lol
    No, it's a bad decision made by you. Why the hell do you NEED gear 3 weeks before the end of an expansion when all gear and content is 1000% meaningless?

Deleted
    The opposite end of the spectrum has it's problems too.

I'm sat on around 9k lesser charms that are completely useless to me. I'd been turning them in each week for the 50g you get from the charm quest, but that's gone now.

I wish I could turn them into something, I think the best reward I can get from them is upgrading items so their increased ilevel makes them vendor for a pittance more.

Could be worse, at least frogs give you what you're after.
    You could be farming the crab rarespawn for the rare drop pet.

Months tick by, crabs die, nothing drops and there's no end in sight.

Farm it all at once then in a couple of hours and you'll have enough charms for a dozen full upgrades. This is for a month only so I don't see the big issue.
    Nobody forces you to fully upgrade every single piece or go all out on gearing up. If that's what you like then you gotta farm the upgrades for it too.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    I was always hoping these frogs would become tamable pets in wod...
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I came back in July of this year a little late but enough to get through MOP content. I made my way through SOO LFR gearing up most of my toons to 528ish and even did a little flex. I was slowly leveling up their gear a piece a week but was quite a ways from completion. However since 6.0.2 hit and the removal of weekly valor all I have been doing for around 90% of my gameplay is grinding frogs.

I need frogs for gear upgrades, I need frogs for warforged seals, I need frogs for everything. Over the past week or so I have probably killed upwards of 10,000 of them across all of my toons trying to get the ilevels up so I can do some last minute BOA grabs.

You could always, you know, go grind somewhere else? I prefer the pirate ship personally. Less crowded and nice solid respawn rate. Can stand there grinding pirates for an hour or two and get plenty of coins.

Deleted
    Does noone else find it ironic that OPs avatar is a frog?

OT: You could kill Yuangol in a group instead

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuisha View Post
    Loom weapons have unique skins you can't get except from being 2200+ in RBG or having HWL from vanilla I believe.

Plenty enough reason to get them, they can be sent around all chars and some of them (offhand, mace, 2h axe) actually look quite good.
    You only need 1.8k rating to get access to all the old weapon and armor skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Why the !@#$ do ppl kill frogs, when you can get a 5 man group to brutalize some yaungol for 10x the yield?
    Yaungol are 10k charms an hour? You sure? Cause a good 5man frog group is at minimum 1k an hour, and possibly up to 1500 an hour if you have moonkins to tag everything. I got 1100 for my alt a few days ago in under an hour on frogs.