Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The comic is Hellblazer... There's SHITLOADS I kinda wanted to start reading them as well, but I just don't know where to begin...

He is their leader, didn't you hear the last line "I don't work for the Brujeria... The Brujeria work FOR ME!" He's been behind the Rising Darkness, he didn't kill Papa Midnight because he still has a use for him. As for if he was lying or not... That would be a kinda douchebag move... Finish the season on that, leave us hanging only to come back and say "lol just kidding, was all a lie kek"
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I don't think he is the leader of the Brujeria. He said Papa worked for the Brujeria, not him. If Manny killed Papa, he'd be fallen (like Emigene) so he fooled him to protect Constantine. Can angels lie? I don't believe he's strong enough to control the Brujeria, he was at the mercy of Constantine's spell.

I want to read the comics now! Is it Hellblazer? How many issues are there? Any other shows/movies like this besides Legion?
    Hellblazer ran from 1988 to 2013. I'm actually in the process of going back and collecting the trade paperbacks to the earlier issues. When I moved away for college in 2003, my parent's assumed, wrongly so, that I would be done with comics, and gave them all away. Anyways, the trade paperbacks are a good place to start. I suggest the following arcs: Fear and Loathing; Ashes and Dust; Newcastle; Haunted; Rake At The Gates of Hell; and, of course, Dangerous Habits.

For similar shows, try Dresden Files. A little lighter, but I felt it was an amazing addition to the books. Shame it only went half a season too.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    He is their leader, didn't you hear the last line "I don't work for the Brujeria... The Brujeria work FOR ME!"
    He had to say that or the cancelled bounty would be unbelievable.

There's still hope.

Upon reflection, I'm positive Manny's good. He can't kill Papa so he tells him Constantine's off limits. Also confirms he's damned.

I'm going to go with 'Secretly aiding EVIL to force a confrontation 'between good and evil'. The Brujeria and Constatine are just pawns he's pitting against eachother- either to have Constatine triumph or (more likely) bring about the Apocalypse(tm) where God is supposed to rid the world of evil.

Something to that effect anyway. Think of [I]Watchmen[/I] for example.

There's even a trope for it: [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NecessarilyEvil]NecessarilyEvil[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post

I'm going to go with 'Secretly aiding EVIL to force a confrontation 'between good and evil'. The Brujeria and Constatine are just pawns he's pitting against eachother- either to have Constatine triumph or (more likely) bring about the Apocalypse(tm) where God is supposed to rid the world of evil.

Something to that effect anyway. Think of [I]Watchmen[/I] for example.

There's even a trope for it: [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NecessarilyEvil]NecessarilyEvil[/url]
    That's very possible but wouldn't God know about the manipulation and kick his ass?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's very possible but wouldn't God know about the manipulation and kick his ass?
    Maybe, Maybe not. Don't forget in the Constantine Universe God and the Devil have both been tricked by Constantine, they're not all seeing and all knowing.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Maybe, Maybe not. Don't forget in the Constantine Universe God and the Devil have both been tricked by Constantine, they're not all seeing and all knowing.
    Have they? I've never read the books.

I want to see Emigene's heart combined with the entire black diamond!

While he does trick the 3 devils, and makes Gabriel his slave of sorts, he never tricks the Presence; they struck a deal.

Does this show get good? I watched the pilot and wasn't really impressed with it despite the fact that I really love the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moseswolfwood View Post
    Does this show get good? I watched the pilot and wasn't really impressed with it despite the fact that I really love the character.

YES. Much much much better. The pilot was garbage and after that they actually went back to the drawing board and rejigged a few things, mostly they kicked off that annoying girl and replaced her with the super awesome (and SUPER hot) Zed. The second episode is basically another pilot, and then it goes from strength to strength. It's WELL worth the watch... Although you might want to wait until we find out if it's getting a season 2.

YES. Much much much better. The pilot was garbage and after that they actually went back to the drawing board and rejigged a few things, mostly they kicked off that annoying girl and replaced her with the super awesome (and SUPER hot) Zed. The second episode is basically another pilot, and then it goes from strength to strength. It's WELL worth the watch... Although you might want to wait until we find out if it's getting a season 2.
    Zed is epic hot but she mumbles too much. It can be difficult to understand her and Constantine at times. Love Chaz, Manny needs a better actor.

I've never read the Hellblazer series, I think my interest is piqued enough that I might just pick it up. Did it get rebooted with the New 52 like the other DC properties or is there a good place I should start?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjumaru Shutara View Post
    I've never read the Hellblazer series, I think my interest is piqued enough that I might just pick it up. Did it get rebooted with the New 52 like the other DC properties or is there a good place I should start?
    Start with the original Hellblazer its 300 issues long but unlike most comics the Protagonist ages. Constantine ages all through the series, living hard and leaving broken friendships and bodies in his wake.

I will leave you with a quote " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

He also crosses over into The Sandman another Vertigo imprinc comic.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Zed is epic hot but she mumbles too much. It can be difficult to understand her and Constantine at times. Love Chaz, Manny needs a better actor.
    Yeah little bit... Not so much with Constantine but Zed can be hard to understand at points. As for Manny, I think Harold's doing a great job, why do you think they need to replace him?

Yeah little bit... Not so much with Constantine but Zed can be hard to understand at points. As for Manny, I think Harold's doing a great job, why do you think they need to replace him?
    I have trouble with Constantine's accent.

Harold makes me think of Chris Rock and his emo's lack depth and are unconvincing imo. His "pissed off" (sewer scene) is more fyi declaratory than raging "how dare you?!" disgust. His "oh shit" (bj scene) is not believable as his face portrays "we shouldn't do this teehee with comically elated woohoo! (think Homer Simpson)" rather than "fear of becoming fallen from mortal indulgence but defeated by newly discovered urges and human sensations." His protesting voice was comparable to the cracking voice of the pimply teenager from the Simpsons. He asked Emigene what pain was like but didn’t even flinch when Dr. Galen slashed him or when Constantine carved his chest. Here, his face said "So...Whatcha doing on my chest bud?" He’s too cavalier, cold, and sterile at inappropriate moments. His visits to Constantine are social catch ups instead of “Quickly, tell me what you learned!” Harold gives Constantine a gentle nudging with an amused smile & coaxing, “Go dude, I’ll be your friend…*pout*” trivializing the situation. There is an absence of annoyance and urgency in his tone and interaction – “Damn it Constantine! Do it because I fuckin’ told you to!”

I should direct this!
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-03-13 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should direct this!
    Quick, go tell NBC, maybe they'll sell you the rights .

I don't have any trouble with constantines accent, but that could be because I'm british, so I'm kinda used to it

Very very strange renewal season should breath some dying life into Constantine's hopes.

The Mindy Project got cancelled... first time ever a network show was cancelled after three full seasons.

American Crime got renewed... first time ever a show with sub 1.0 ratings was ever renewed.

Constantine appears dead and buried, but so was Undatable and they dug that up from the summer grave, propped with up and now it will see another season.

It would be nice if it did get renewed, it was starting to show some promise. If you want to see updates on this or other shows waiting to be renewed you can look at this site: http://seriable.com/constantine-canc...ewed-season-2/
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Very very strange renewal season should breath some dying life into Constantine's hopes.

The Mindy Project got cancelled... first time ever a network show was cancelled after three full seasons.

American Crime got renewed... first time ever a show with sub 1.0 ratings was ever renewed.

Constantine appears dead and buried, but so was Undatable and they dug that up from the summer grave, propped with up and now it will see another season.
    So Constantine is renewed?
    Aww, I really liked The Mindy Project.