Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    If gear actually drops.

With the % chance being so low, there's a pretty good probability you will kill a boss and it will drop nothing. Nobody in the group gets anything at all, and that feels like a huge waste of time. Why kill the bosses when they drop nothing so often? Last few dungeons I did, we averaged about 1-2 drops per dungeon. Wow, so exciting much loot wow.
    Well, in my first ubrs run 5/5 people got loot from the first boss. So I am very certain in the average it stays the same although I agree that one guaranteed loot drop per boss would feel somehow better, and avoid questions like "Was that a boss?". Perhaps they should change it to one guaranteed loot, and a drastically reduced chance for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamwheedle View Post
    Muuuuuch preferred, to be completely honest.

Many times, I've been pissed off when a player has rolled Need for offspec when there's a player that would use the item for their main spec.

Rolling Need/Greed was never fun if you were running a dungeon with a bunch of strangers. It did an adequate job, but a system like this is going to do much better at improving what little group cohesion exists with a bunch of random players, and it'll minimise resentment for winners. I mean, nothing's really changing that much behind the scenes, but players' perceptions of the outcomes will be different.

At least now players will more likely become angry at/resentful of Blizzard and the loot system, rather than other players. It might mean they don't bail on your group and you're waiting 15 minutes for another tank to queue.
    So we're replacing NbG with a "Yay ran a whole dungeon, didn't see a single drop yet again" type system where every boss kill feels like a waste of time = nobody feels like running dungeons, ever.

Let's face the facts:

1). No failbag. Which means you get NOTHING out of the boss at all if a piece doesn't drop for you. Unless of course 30 silver gets you excited at night.....
    2). No Extra Loot Roll, which means you have an incredibly small chance of winning loot. Nearly three-quarters of every single piece I ever got in LFR came from the extra roll token. That's the ONLY way you get gear, and guess what? No extra rolls in dungeons!
    3). Chances are far too low, which means you don't have very much incentives to run the dungeon in the first place.
    4). YAY MORE RNG! JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!! At least before, with the NbG system you had a chance of getting offspec loot or something. There were Loot Ninjas, and those sucked, but you'd see them like once every 3-5 runs. Better than 3-5 runs and getting absolutely nothing, not even a chance to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You seem to have completely missed the point.

This system makes the game feel less and less like an MMO. Loot should be dropping off bosses. Period. There shouldn't be a scenario where no loot drops, which can and does happen with this retarded system.

People bring up points like "drama," or "that guy rolled need but he has better gear" which are not even worthy discussing because they are just part of playing the game. Deal with it. People still get geared well enough even with those factors. If your dice are a bigger number, you get the item. If no one needs the item, then its still whoever's dice is bigger gets the item.
    How does it change the feeling of an MMO? I've been playing WoW since Early Vanilla and I love this change.

Pre-Change: Kill boss, see random piece of loot drop you don't want/See piece of Loot drop you do want, Roll - either you win or you lose roll.
    Post Change: Kill Boss, sometimes see loot others got/sometimes receive piece of loot you want without the possibility of being out-rolled.

All I see is positives.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    1) felt exciting to see loot drop in the first place

2) was fun rolling need / greed depending on the needs of your char

3) was fun out rolling someone and winning gear

Now none of that exists anymore with this system. What was Blizzard thinking???

Just another one of their stupid ideas that gets forced into an expansion just to appease a whining minority of players.
    1) Noone is excited about dungeon loot after 2 weeks.

2) How is this different? Personal loot awards you based on the needs of your char.

3) Was it also fun to be outrolled by someone who didn't even need the item, but rolled to sell/disenchant it?

What was Blizz thinking, hmmm...maybe they don't want bots to ruin other peoples experience in a dungeon any more...especially when those bots can't be kicked. Maybe they realized that noone likes to see the feral druid roll on the shamans caster staff. Maybe they finally realized how stupid it is, to give personal loot in LFR, but drop loot in LFD, despite both being made up of random groups the players have no control over.

Just another qq because something changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    So we're replacing NbG with a "Yay ran a whole dungeon, didn't see a single drop yet again" type system where every boss kill feels like a waste of time = nobody feels like running dungeons, ever.

Let's face the facts:

1). No failbag. Which means you get NOTHING out of the boss at all if a piece doesn't drop for you. Unless of course 30 silver gets you excited at night.....
    2). No Extra Loot Roll, which means you have an incredibly small chance of winning loot. Nearly three-quarters of every single piece I ever got in LFR came from the extra roll token. That's the ONLY way you get gear, and guess what? No extra rolls in dungeons!
    3). Chances are far too low, which means you don't have very much incentives to run the dungeon in the first place.
    4). YAY MORE RNG! JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!! At least before, with the NbG system you had a chance of getting offspec loot or something. There were Loot Ninjas, and those sucked, but you'd see them like once every 3-5 runs. Better than 3-5 runs and getting absolutely nothing, not even a chance to roll.
    everything you just complained about is bullshit.

With the New loot system I have not done 1 full run of a dungeon and not got AT LEAST 1 piece of gear. Usually 2, sometimes 1, sometimes 3.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    You can still see in the feed all the gear that people pick up. I guess they changed it for less drama.
    What you are missing is it is possible, VERY possible, for NO loot to drop from a boss - If everyone rolls bad RNG.
    I have seen it more than a few of times in my 5-10 runs of UBRS.

I like having the option of rolling greed on an off spec item if say the healer doesn't need it, or the tank does need the trinket, and so on.
    Also, what if no one needs it? I enjoy getting the items to vendor or DE.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 2014-10-22 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    What you are missing is it is possible, VERY possible, for NO loot to drop from a boss - If everyone rolls bad RNG.
    I like having the option of rolling greed on an off spec item if say the healer doesn't need it, or the tank does need the trinket, and so on.
    I have seen it more than a few of times in my 5-10 runs of UBRS.
    I really don't see the issue of no loot dropping "sometimes". Since it is no different than going through a dungeon and all Mail dropping in a Leather/Plate/Cloth wearer group.

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer this new loot system to the old one. Seeing an item you desperately need go to a clueless player just "because" they need it for their 3rd offspec or by mistake because they rolled need is absolutely terrible. What about people just being assholes and rolling on your loot just because they can? without having any need for it? What about plain old ninja looting for vendoring or disenchanting? What about that guy that rolls need on everything that goes on his screen?

If you sincerely believe that the new loot system is inferior to the old one, you're delusional.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    People bring up points like "drama," or "that guy rolled need but he has better gear" which are not even worthy discussing because they are just part of playing the game. Deal with it. People still get geared well enough even with those factors. If your dice are a bigger number, you get the item. If no one needs the item, then its still whoever's dice is bigger gets the item.
    So, you would rather have a system that promotes asocial behavior, without any repercussion. LFD groups are oftentimes completely xrealm, so no fear of bad reputation. Kicking is also not an option, the mechanics are very protective. Please explain, how does making the life of scumbags easier make it more an MMO experience?

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...36620657803266

Personal loot will still be looted off the corpse supposedly, for that same feel sort of, though yeah, can just let the postmaster deliver it [wonder if this will burden their mail servers at all]

Also of note...

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...94335809150976

"For Warlords dungeons, LFG will be fully personal loot. If you go in with a premade group, you can pick the loot type."

So the options still there. Should make some folks happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    With the New loot system I have not done 1 full run of a dungeon and not got AT LEAST 1 piece of gear. Usually 2, sometimes 1, sometimes 3.
    8 runs of UBRS so far, got a ring, that's it. I love the new system but they need to increase the drop rate, or at least give a guaranteed drop at the end of the run if you got nothing for (let's say) 2 dungeon runs in a row.

I look at it in two ways:

1. I feel that the roll Need/greed system was a part of wow. It was just there. Just a flavour. You see some loot and roll on it. Hard for me to describe in english, but I really miss it. The new system feels so.. dunno, boring.

2. I perfectly understand why this is done. To stop those who takes gear they dont need, bots and so on.

I can live with it. I will miss it for sure, but i'll manage :P

And it just dawned on me.. my enchanter will cry for mats lol!
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Completely disagree. I was sick of losing my pre-raid BiS gear to morons at the launch of the expansion.

The new loot system in general is horrible, not just the new dungeon loot system.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was confused last night. I was running through Hellfire Ramparts on my DK and at the last boss no loot dropped at all. Usually you would go to the greenish chest behind him but it was never available for looting. Was this what that was? Is it in my mailbox or something and I didn't notice it? If this is going to be the new looting system then I hate it. It is the most stupidest idea I've seen so far going into WoD. I really hope they go back to how it was. Also I hope they stop making the Postmaster send you gray item junk in the mail because you forgot to loot it. There is a reason why I didn't loot.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Woah, a thread where I agree with Jaylock. I must be getting old.

Personally think Personal Loot should be relegated to the hells of LFR and be an opt in option for pre-mades, part of the fun is seeing the loot tables. I don't like the extra automation where none is required.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpy1091 View Post
    8 runs of UBRS so far, got a ring, that's it. I love the new system but they need to increase the drop rate, or at least give a guaranteed drop at the end of the run if you got nothing for (let's say) 2 dungeon runs in a row.
    Erm...no? Luck is a part of the game. You are not entitled to loot. Plus: Everything that guarantees loot in some way, will get exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

Personally think Personal Loot should be relegated to the hells of LFR and be an opt in option for pre-mades, part of the fun is seeing the loot tables. I don't like the extra automation where none is required.
    Please explain how LFD is different from LFR?
    The loot tables can be seen in the Dungeon Journal quite easily.

Though given more thought, this actually gives tangible benefits to not pugging!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Personally think Personal Loot should be relegated to the hells of LFR and be an opt in option for pre-mades
    Premades will be able to use distributed loot or personal [another subtle way of them pushing their premade groups tool, but I suppose I'm cool with that]

Completely agree. Automating EVERYTHING related to loot doesn't make it more "exciting", it becomes just as exciting as seeing some stupid achievement(Going Down, Mystically Epic etc) popping up on your screen rather than feeling like the boss actually drops stuff.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU