Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    But I thought countries with gun laws that are very restrictive never have mass shootings
    The only "mass shooting" here was the Sergeant at Arms unloading his weapon at this little cocksucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Not to minimize the hurt, anger, frustration, etc. that Canadians may feel about this, but the attack resulted in 1 dead soldier and 1 dead terrorist. That sucks, but it's a day in the life of a large country in terms of casualties as a result of criminal activity. What I'm afraid of is that people will use the fear generated by this event to push for more strict authoritarian measures within Canada and at the border. I'm not Canadian and I rarely visit, so it won't affect me much, but it would make me sad to see a whole country change based on an even that was handled as well as could be expected by the Canadian authorities.
    The media as a whole shit the bed hard on this one. There was so much bullshit information going around today that made it seem worse. That said, this is a second incident in as many days, specifically targeting Canadian Forces personnel. The last thing anyone wants is some open season of stupidity from a bunch of radicalised crazies across the country.

The annoying part, aside from an unarmed soldier being shot in the back by this spineless fuck, is that this dude as well as the other dude from yesterday were already on a watch list and had their passports revoked.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-10-23 at 04:26 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if some asshole was just trying to scare people after what happened in Ottawa just yesterday, but http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1...wntown-halifax

Spent my first class of the morning at university in lockdown today.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Dunno if some asshole was just trying to scare people after what happened in Ottawa just yesterday, but http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1...wntown-halifax

Spent my first class of the morning at university in lockdown today.
    Probably someone carrying pipes for one of the work sites is my guess, I was down on brunswick st and ended up staying put there until the cops left the immediate area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingWoodchuck View Post
    Probably someone carrying pipes for one of the work sites is my guess, I was down on brunswick st and ended up staying put there until the cops left the immediate area.
    Cops say they recovered a gun from a bus so it probably wasn't a pipe =/
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Cops say they recovered a gun from a bus so it probably wasn't a pipe =/
    It was unrelated (just happened to be in the same area). The call about a rifle was likely mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was unrelated (just happened to be in the same area). The call about a rifle was likely mistaken.
    Source? Not doubting you just curious because I hadn't heard that yet
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Source? Not doubting you just curious because I hadn't heard that yet
    Police report on news 95.7, it's unclear that it is related, someone reported someone on the route 320 with a gun.

edit:

https://www.facebook.com/HalifaxRegi...ation=timeline There's a report there from 45 minutes ago about it as well.

Police make arrest in a weapons complaint

Halifax Regional Police has one person in custody in relation to a weapon complaint in downtown Halifax.

At 11 a.m., several patrol units, including members of the Emergency Response Team, responded to a report of a man who had left a firearm on a Halifax Transit bus. The man left on foot walking southbound on Albermarle Street in Halifax. He was quickly apprehended at 11:08 a.m. near Argyle Street and Carmichael Street without incident and remains in custody. The firearm was recovered from the bus.

This matter remains under investigation and it is unclear at this point if this and the previous incident are related.

We thank citizens for their continued cooperation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Police report on news 95.7, it's unclear that it is related, someone reported someone on the route 320 with a gun.
    How do you even forget your gun on a bus? Who even takes a gun on a bus?
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

How do you even forget your gun on a bus? Who even takes a gun on a bus?
    Oh I'm sure he was one of our most upstanding citizens. I'm guessing something drug related, he heard the cops were looking for a gun so he ditched it on the bus. Just a guess though.