Thread: Men's Cologne

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Men's Cologne

I'm currently using Hugo, but want to try something new. Something that is unique and will smelling nice all day. Hugo will last me about two hours before the smell fades away. And suggestions?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently using CK One, which is OK, but I never really get comments about it. When I used to wear Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Him, women would comment about how awesome I smelled like all the freaking time, so that may be an option if it doesn't make you too uncomfortable to walk into a Victoria's Secret to buy it (my first bottle was bought for me by an ex-girlfriend).
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I usually wear Clive Christian X.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm currently using CK One, which is OK, but I never really get comments about it. When I used to wear Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Him, women would comment about how awesome I smelled like all the freaking time, so that may be an option if it doesn't make you too uncomfortable to walk into a Victoria's Secret to buy it (my first bottle was bought for me by an ex-girlfriend).
    I think from few months I have been using Hugo, one person complimented how I smelled. I think that was the day when I thought I put too much on. lol I normally just use like three squirts.. I was looking at Polo Red or whatever it's called, and the reviews claim that only lasts like 30 minutes before the scent fades..
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2014-10-22 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dior - Fahrenheit Aqua if you like it with a hint of spicy/aqua
    John Varvatos - Artisan or Versace - Eros for something not spicy.

I rotate between those 3 and "Slate" by Banana Republic
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I usually wear Clive Christian X.
    I am pretty much surprised by seeing my favorite perfume mentioned in this thread. It's a perfect masculine choice.

Creed offers a lot of good men scents like Aventus, Green Irish Tweed or (the best choice in my opinion) Millesime 1849 if you're in London or NYC. Maybe I like it so much because it reminds me of Clive Christian 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently...

Dunhill Custom or Floris No.89 for the evening - the Floris is divisive, some love it, some hate it, it's also hard to find.

Dunhill Pursuit or Dunhill Pure for the daytime.

Pretty much every Dunhill line is long lasting and smells nice. The Floris No.89 is my all time favourite though.

drakkar noir - my wifes fav
    lucky you - by lucky brand - soft smell
    pleasures - estee lauder

or Huge boss but you said you already wear that.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

7+ Year Old Account
    I use Twilight Woods for men, my girlfriend orders it from bed bath and beyond I think? Smells pretty awesome and sometimes I even get compliments on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

I use 1 Million and get complimented on it quite often.

Deleted
    Samarkande, altough I only got complimented for it once, I only use it after shaving tough. Otherwise I just use axe (I know I know) I don't go to fancy parties, the places I go to have some fun, usually result in me smelling like beer and smoke so it doesn't really matter that much

I don't wear cologne because I'm considerate to the fact that most people don't want to smell you when you're in their proximity. Especially those with allergies and sinus issues.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I don't wear cologne because I'm considerate to the fact that most people don't want to smell you when you're in their proximity. Especially those with allergies and sinus issues.
    Have you taken polls? I quite like smelling a pleasant whiff of perfume on a pretty girl when she's right next to me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Currently I am using Mont Blanc Legend. Really like smell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post

Well, If someone is close to you then you will smell him one of another way. And I prefer to smell decent Cologne then sweat.

I use Invictus by Paco Rabanne and I quite like it (I've also had several people ask me what it was so they can get it as well).

I thought cologne was kind of extinct these days. it's all about body spray now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    I use Invictus by Paco Rabanne and I quite like it (I've also had several people ask me what it was so they can get it as well).
    Seconded, this is the one I use. I swapped over from Boss Bottled and it is a lot better. It is expensive though, but it is subtle and long lasting so well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I thought cologne was kind of extinct these days. it's all about body spray now.
    Isn't that just a different name for the same thing?
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

My personal favorite is Giorgio Armani's Armani Code, but since it's expensive I currently pick one of three from Rue21: Black, Carbon or Midnight Magic. Generally I pick Black for work, Carbon for general everyday use and Midnight Magic if I'm going out.