Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yay i got my 3 wins, took about 2 hours total not as bad as i thought it was gonna be. Thanks for the help guys, i may keep the game installed for tuesday WoW maintenance lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Yay i got my 3 wins, took about 2 hours total not as bad as i thought it was gonna be. Thanks for the help guys, i may keep the game installed for tuesday WoW maintenance lol.
    Just keep it light. Nobody expects you to be a hearthstone champion, but it's a fun waste of time in 30 minute doses Don't let losing keep you down.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Play ranked.

As a total newbee you'll start at Rank 25. No long term player even begins a season under Rank 20, so you'll have easier wins for the first few games.

And copy a deck from the cheap starter decks found on the web, that will give you a nice start.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I found them, no idea how i didnt see them earlier lol. Made the deck quill made lets see how i do, im doing casual now.

- - - Updated - - -

First match i played with his deck, the other person had gold mirror images im not sure if they are rare but i sure dont have access to them, why am i facing such tough competition lol.
    Golden class cards, such as Mirror Image, doesn't exactly mean that you are a legend player or even good, it just means you are at least level 15 or such.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    dunno how much has changed with the addon but before there were easier "classes" then mage to play. It was way easier to get a 3 win streak with priest for example, the starter deck is already pretty strong. You could also do some games against the AI first to learn the deck and to unlock some cards for the deck. If you are familiar with the strenghts and weaknesses of the deck you can jump into ranked games and should rather easily win 3 games at 25.

Although some guids out there might give you some good tips about pros and cons about specific decks/cards you should also invest some of your own time into your deck and think of some synergies between cards. You should aim for a specific goal how to win games and build your deck around it. May it be special a spell damage deck, a lot of small minions or a few strong ones and so on but never get a mix of everything. That does not work in card type games.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Play ranked.

As a total newbee you'll start at Rank 25. No long term player even begins a season under Rank 20, so you'll have easier wins for the first few games.

And copy a deck from the cheap starter decks found on the web, that will give you a nice start.

This was the advice i was given by someone when first trying to get my wins, it turned out to be really poor advice i was facing people with legendaries (ysera and stuff) and they were rank 25. I switched to casual and got my 3 wins in like half an hour.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Hearthstone is unfortunately pay to win.
    Check out hearthpwn and see if there are any cheap decks you could mimic and see how it goes from there. That would be my advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Really? I haven't spent a penny and seem to do just fine.

Deleted
    It's so easy. All I did was beat computer druid > use druid deck and go full defence with taunt and healing cards to win 3 in a row. I am terrible at hearthstone and I know there are better ways but this worked for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out hearthpwn and see if there are any cheap decks you could mimic and see how it goes from there. That would be my advice.
    My brother got the highest rank without spending a penny.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Utter, utter nonsense.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya im absolute trash at this game, i get destroyed everytime. People have like legendaries and stuff at rank 25 what do i do lol. Im playing mage and using a random deck with a lot of taunts but i get rekt every match.
    Play the unranked Casual mode, it's a little better.
    I've got the same issues with completely ridiculous decks from opponents even at rank 20. I've managed to get to Rank 18 with a control mage deck that I think is fun. But any other class? Oh man I'm gonna be crying in frustration

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    It's so easy. All I did was beat computer druid > use druid deck and go full defence with taunt and healing cards to win 3 in a row. I am terrible at hearthstone and I know there are better ways but this worked for me.

You can't finish dailies with AI opponents... Or what kind of 3 wins are you talkign about here?

Oh really? I doubt that. I think we'd know about your brother if he was Rank 1. He can do it again for us, I suppose?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Really? I haven't spent a penny and seem to do just fine.
    That you can win without paying doesn't remove the fact that someone that pays a great amount of money can't win faster and more than you. That's what I'd call P2W. Ofcourse, it relies on you not being completely incompetent, so there's that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You can't finish dailies with AI opponents... Or what kind of 3 wins are you talkign about here?

Oh really? I doubt that. I think we'd know about your brother if he was Rank 1. He can do it again for us, I suppose?
    I was talking about getting the mount and winning 3 times in play mode.

He got Legend rank (had to google to remember), I'm not very familiar with HS's ranking system didn't mean to say he was top ranked player in the world. Still he got this without spending a penny.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2014-10-23 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    this is actually not true, there are quite a lot of good starter decks out there. that only require you to be level 10 so you got all free class cards unlocked.
    and you can get legendary rank with them.

however having bought packs (through real money or gold), will make it easier to beat competition as your choice of cards and potential decks you could play increase. which might be more effecient to reach legendary rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    unlock warlock class.
    make zoo deck.
    faceroll your way to victory.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a new player, stack as many silences, polymorphs, and taunts as you can get. Enjoy your three wins.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    pay 50$ for some packs and make a combo of cards other people dont have and you will win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As a new player, stack as many silences, polymorphs, and taunts as you can get. Enjoy your three wins.
    uhm that's just asking for trouble without any offensive minions. the highest damage taunt is booty bay bodyguard 5/4 and thats an uncommon.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

This was the advice i was given by someone when first trying to get my wins, it turned out to be really poor advice i was facing people with legendaries (ysera and stuff) and they were rank 25. I switched to casual and got my 3 wins in like half an hour.
    Lots of rich people create many new accounts and pay $500 for legendaries (ysera and stuff) each.
    Stump newbs like you from rank 25 to 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkie View Post
    Stop using shitty slang words like that for a start.
    get rekt m8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post

- - - Updated - - -

and when was this? because i'm not so sure you would be able to do that now.