Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Another good question would be: Why is Vendetta the ONLY dps CD ingame, that is still on the GCD?
    demonology dark soul would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kan View Post
    demonology dark soul would like a word with you.
    Shadow Fiend and Fire Ele are Also on GCD.
    Hi Sephurik

Celestalon mode on.

You can't have a vendetta against yourself, duh .

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Actually everything I said was constructive, since the OP himself brought up why Rogues are so "woe is me" compared to Monks and how Monks somehow have the "superior" combo points. My entire post was how one wasn't superior to the other since they were entirely different you tried to argue the point and I gave you an exact reason why you are wrong and now since you have no actual argument to fight back against it you are just backtracking.
    Aff/destro locks, paladins, monks have superior CPs than us, cause theirs are not tied to the enemy body (which can disappear along with your CPs). They don't have to deal with this crap - we do.

The way out abilities interact with our resources is irrelevant. The entire point of complaint went whoosh above your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post

Rogues abilities that build Combo points still deal very good damage which LEAD to a even stronger Finisher.
    Yup, just like Deadpool, always joking around.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    The auto-redirect fixes some issues rogues have had with target swapping, but does not fix the age-old bug of vanishing CP, or allow the UI to display combo points on player (there's no way to query the server for it without a target), which is why people bring it up.
    Don't get me wrong, this change is better than what we used to have. But it takes a special kind of stupid to think that a design decision where you literally have no idea how many combo points you have at a particular time is ready for launch. Especially since CPs decay out of combat now.

Example: I kill the last boar I need for a quest and leave 5CPs on it. I ride back to town to turn in the quest, and on my way I see a Hordie to attack. So I jump off the horse, go into stealth and sstep->open on the target. I'm running MFD for extra bursty fun and because it's great for questing. When I swap targets, how many CPs are on the Hordie and should I use MFD?

Answer:
    A: You have 5 CPs because he was really close to you, No to MFD
    B: CPs have started to decay so you have somewhere between 5 and 0 combo points, Maybe to MFD?
    C: You have 0 CPs because a hunter skinned your mob and the corpse disappeared.

And addons won't help. Because IIRC, they can only track how much you had when you left combat, and as soon as you de-target you can't get any information about your current total. That's abysmal design. And in another three weeks, rogues will be pushed out the door in this state.

Last I checked, there's no other class that has a mystery box for tracking their resource
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

As a note, it was found out via tweets that powerType 4, which used to be pet happiness, is now combo points - which means addons can use this to track your combo points without a target.

There was no announcement of this change, which is why it's been lost in the chaos.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Why does Backstab still have positional requirements?
    Why are Combo Points not on the Rogue?
    Why was Disarm Traps removed?
    Why are 80% of our talents useless?
    Why does the multistrike mechanic not work in AoE? Or soloplay?
    Why are we the only class with weapon restrictions?
    Why keep Vendetta and lose Shadow Blades?

Yay Rogue.
    Pretty sure Ench shammies can't use AGI Swords, or AGI Daggers (even if they could dps loss). We exclusively are the only ones who can benefit from AGI Daggers.(this sentence might be redundant) I don't know of another class that has the same exclusivity to a weapon? I feel like you're stretching a complaint here, we can't have everything.

I understand the backstab argument, because of the changes they made to shred, but keep in mind feral have one melee dps spec, and we're the only class to have 3 melee dps specs.

I hate the loss of SB, it really shows when playing assassination, no loss of a major damage dealing CD just makes the play style too dry for me, and no rupture on combat makes what was once my favorite spec in the game overly trivial (the DI//RS change was nice I guess).

The CP system tweets are nice, but yes still buggy, but it always has been, we'll see where it goes. You saying that requiring an addon to play the game is ridiculous, but I see you have a 588 rogue, is it safe to assume you use BigWigs or DBM? Wouldn't we consider these must-have addons for progression?

I've played a Rogue since vanilla, hardcore raided from BC to SoO (sans Cata) and I think we all need to relax a little bit. Are their still flaws and is our class dry at times? Sure. But I think we've come a long way since BC (I know most people don't agree with me here, that's fine).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmor View Post
    Pretty sure Ench shammies can't use AGI Swords, or AGI Daggers (even if they could dps loss). We exclusively are the only ones who can benefit from AGI Daggers.(this sentence might be redundant) I don't know of another class that has the same exclusivity to a weapon? I feel like you're stretching a complaint here, we can't have everything.
    Shamans can use daggers and all guns/bows/xbows are exclusive to hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Shamans can use daggers and all guns/bows/xbows are exclusive to hunters.
    Yea I was going to mention Hunters. Siege of Orgrimmar was the first content where Hunters have the same numbers of bows / crossbows / guns as we have daggers. They always had more than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    As a note, it was found out via tweets that powerType 4, which used to be pet happiness, is now combo points - which means addons can use this to track your combo points without a target.

There was no announcement of this change, which is why it's been lost in the chaos.
    Why don't they just implement this properly instead of these hamfisted half-hearted workarounds?!
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SynergyDarkstar View Post
    Why don't they just implement this properly instead of these hamfisted half-hearted workarounds?!
    We're still talking about Blizzard and Rogues right? Should give you the answer.

whenever I bring up a topic like this it goes completely off the rail and people start talking about re direct and combo points. What does that have to do with how terrible vendetta is?

Does any other class have 1 Dps cooldown on the Global cool down that acts as a debuff on a single specific target? No. Vendetta is Assassination's only cooldown after the loss of shadowblades. Shadow blades was a fun cool down but I know why they removed it but they should of considered giving it to assassination in place of Vendetta.

Combat got one of their major issues resolved, killing spree being multi target only now it is single target without blade flurry on that really made combat more enjoyable to play a load more viable in pvp.

Would it be so bad if Vendetta was off the gcd plus a buff on the rogue or at least not removable by invulnerabilities? ALso the invisibility sight is pretty crap it does not work on other rogues when they vanish they should just drop that from the spell.

If it has to stay a debuff so it can stay Vendetta in name and make sense then then debuff needs to be enhanced, it needs to not be able to be removed without enacting a huge penalty to the target that removes it with an invulnerability or resetting the cooldown for the rogue.

Simple fix when vendetta gets removed its cool down time is reduced to 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-10-23 at 04:40 PM.

We're still talking about Blizzard and Rogues right? Should give you the answer.

I mean, this is a recent change. Someone had to sit down and say "Oh shit, there's no way to track CPs...hey are the hunter devs still using pet happiness for anything?"

And I was watching the 6.0.2 "L2Play your class" video things and realized that the Salvage gear we can get (Lightdrinker set, it's the character creation screen armor) doesn't have a hat that matches...they're using the Garona's gear from ToC and it doesn't match at all with the rest of the set...

http://wod.wowhead.com/item=119700#see-also

Oversight or laziness?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    whenever I bring up a topic like this it goes completely off the rail and people start talking about re direct and combo points. What does that have to do with how terrible vendetta is?
    It's all stems from the same frustration. Unfortunately the answer to your question is that keeping Vendetta as-is is lazy, uninspired design. The reason other stuff gets brought up is that it's all examples of the same lazy, uninspired design. I mean, how many times have they said "we don't want to make glyphs that obviously increase DPS; we don't want to make trap glyphs" and Glyph of Vendetta still exists.

What Nal said:

is becoming the default answer to all questions Rogue. They simply don't care enough to listen to feedback and fix anything.

10+ Year Old Account

And I was watching the 6.0.2 "L2Play your class" video things and realized that the Salvage gear we can get (Lightdrinker set, it's the character creation screen armor) doesn't have a hat that matches...they're using the Garona's gear from ToC and it doesn't match at all with the rest of the set...

Oversight or laziness?
    To be fair: They match for no class.

To be fair: They match for no class.
    That's inaccurate: http://www.wowhead.com/news=243469/w...stedgear-cloth

All other sets match and have all their pieces, except hunter shoulders which was stated to be intended. Look at Druid/Paladin/Warrior/Warlock/Priest/Mage

They may not be identical to the set the gear was based on, but all match the coloring and theme of the set

I mean, this is a recent change. Someone had to sit down and say "Oh shit, there's no way to track CPs...hey are the hunter devs still using pet happiness for anything?"

Oversight or laziness?

- - - Updated - - -

It's all stems from the same frustration. Unfortunately the answer to your question is that keeping Vendetta as-is is lazy, uninspired design. The reason other stuff gets brought up is that it's all examples of the same lazy, uninspired design. I mean, how many times have they said "we don't want to make glyphs that obviously increase DPS; we don't want to make trap glyphs" and Glyph of Vendetta still exists.

What Nal said:

is becoming the default answer to all questions Rogue. They simply don't care enough to listen to feedback and fix anything.
    I understand believe me I do but in my opinion the most boring aspect of rogue is Vendetta. Assassination is my favorite spec but I feel like it might as well not have a cool down because the one we have is so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    I understand believe me I do but in my opinion the most boring aspect of rogue is Vendetta. Assassination is my favorite spec but I feel like it might as well not have a cool down because the one we have is so boring.
    Agreed 100%. I did like the idea of keeping Shadow Blades and changing the name/icon to be poison themed. Or if that's too much work, at least split the buff/debuff portion of Vendetta and take it off the GCD. It would require a target, put a stealth-see-through debuff on them, and the +% damage done buff on the Rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    That's inaccurate: http://www.wowhead.com/news=243469/w...stedgear-cloth

All other sets match and have all their pieces, except hunter shoulders which was stated to be intended. Look at Druid/Paladin/Warrior/Warlock/Priest/Mage

They may not be identical to the set the gear was based on, but all match the coloring and theme of the set
    Meh.. if you argue like that.. I was going more in the direction of "they didn't care enough to make new and unique head pieces for every class" They have become lazy in many aspects of the game. It's just more obvious with Rogues sometimes... But since MoP it seems they realized their game is slowly dying so they're putting in the same enthusiasm as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

Still stupid that players have to go to a 3rd party addon for it.

P.S. Does anyone have a good, easily accessed (preferably solo) place I can test the disappearing combo point bug? I'd love to see this for myself as a feral as I've never seen it come up during normal play.

Workaround? You mean the same way everyone else access their resource that you've been asking it be matched to? This is the same function you use to poll Holy Power, Demonic Fury, etc. Or maybe I misunderstood you and you simply meant having to get an addon for it.
    Last edited by ShmooDude; 2014-10-23 at 05:26 PM.