Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If it is a new game (I'd be pretty surprised), I wouldn't expect anything too big. It seems like they're realizing that huge investments like Titan are not safe, and that significantly smaller investments like Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone can turn massive profit margins with relatively minimal risk/investment on their part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    10 year anniversary of warcraft

warcraft 1-3 remake + possibly warcraft 4
    and the expansion after WoD
    --> will take place on alternate draenor, another continent, we will stay at lvl 100 (wich means a very very short beta period of pretty much only raid testing)
    So, a paid patch? No thank you.

OT: I think that everyone who's waiting for a Warcraft 3 remake announcement or anything as exciting as that is in for a big letdown.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

If they make WC 4 with a decent single player campaign and crazy fun units that they don't ruin for the sake of multiplayer, I will be stoked. If it's SC2's level of same old same old then not so much.
    If it's just hd remakes of old games then they're wasting 2 hours of a lot of peoples lives. That deserves a twitter post, not a panel at a paid convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If it is a new game (I'd be pretty surprised), I wouldn't expect anything too big. It seems like they're realizing that huge investments like Titan are not safe, and that significantly smaller investments like Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone can turn massive profit margins with relatively minimal risk/investment on their part.
    It's a pretty good argument and I think several developers have showed all of us the the consequence of a failed AAA project, it's high risk high reward indeed in favor of failure. A brand new AAA could make or break Blizzard's future even thought they're very stable economically because the outcome could badly hurt investor's trust in them since wow was such an anomaly if this would be game was to be wow's successor.

On topic I very much doubt they would announce a brand new game, even HD remakes sound unlikely to me and this entire thing looks like too much tinfoil.

Waŗcraft: The Original Trilogy Remastered is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    It's a pretty good argument and I think several developers have showed all of us the the consequence of a failed AAA project, it's high risk high reward indeed in favor of failure. A brand new AAA could make or break Blizzard's future even thought they're very stable economically because the outcome could badly hurt investor's trust in them since wow was such an anomaly if this would be game was to be wow's successor.

On topic I very much doubt they would announce a brand new game, even HD remakes sound unlikely to me and this entire thing looks like too much tinfoil.
    Highly doubt any single new game could make or break Blizzard. They're sitting far too strongly with their existing stable of games. I mean, Titan likely cost them between $50-70M during its 7+ year development (for once, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I agree with Michael Pachter). That's a huge amount of money, but it's nowhere near enough to come even remotely close to breaking Blizzard. It hurts them, but their other sources of revenue (WoW, D3, SC2, and now Hearthstone/Heroes of the Storm) are too strong to let any single failure be significant enough to do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    If you own a WC3 CD key tied to you BNet account, it will show up in your launcher, and pretty soon, it will actually launch from the launcher. Old News.
    Not true, I have Warcraft 3 and TFT account, not in the launcher.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    Game of Trolls... calling it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they'll hype something up again and then cancel it a year later, lol.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

More f2p games with micro-transactions. Just look at how popular Hearthstone is, although I still think Heroes of the Storm will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by chizuk View Post
    Would make oodles of sense to reboot WC3 in HD, to tie in with Warlords of Draenor. Maybe even make WC4 follow the storyline of WoD, showing other storylines, in a RTS format.
    not only WoD,but the movie. A little tin-foil hat of me, but I still think the reason we have WoD now is because of the movie. It gives players who never played the original RTS some familiarity with more names other than Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Maybe they are planning to bring back Blackthorne.
    that will be amazing even if is not a new ip its one of the best games i ever played

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably already mentioned in this thread but data miners found the Warcraft 3 logo on the battle.net launcher. Chances of Warcraft 3 news at blizzcon are pretty much solidified.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

They are going to show the warcraft movie start to finish! Screw releasing it in theaters!!

I too thought they had a weak show on Friday, not to mention there is Starcraft reward with a ? on it (could be related to SC but then again might not). We'll find out in a few weeks I guess, would be surprised if they had nothing to fill that 2 hour gap with.

Deleted
    Hope it's "Booty Bay Bankers", a game about growing a goblin trading empire.

Probably not, but anything fresh would be nice. There are so many opportunities in their big 3 franchises.

If it's anything, it's Mike Booth's project. I'm expecting it to be a Left 4 Dead type game adapted into the Starcraft universe. Left 2 Die, of course.

So tired of fucking game remakes. Absolutely kills any creativity involved in a project.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Waŗcraft: The Original Trilogy Remastered is my opinion.
    If that's the case the crowd would faint

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    If that's the case the crowd would faint
    Especially when they hear that George Lucas will be hired for the job given his experience remastering original trilogies.