Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    ....All these things should be for free. Other games offers them free on the fly, its a pathetic dirty price gauging move by Blizzard, and it always will be.

I miss my vanilla, TBC, WOTLK or even Cataclysme alts on my now dead old realm I had to move from. Combined they have about 75-100 days played, lots off cool things and memories.
    I don't think they should be necessarily free. I do think the price is disgustingly and criminally high for one damn service. I seriously think a race change or so should be 5 bucks max and a server transfer/faction change 10 bucks. Furthermore all character customization should be available at the barber like changing skin color. A name change should be 1-2 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account

Only 25% and 2 services? I imagine the 50% discount some time back was FAR more successful, it sure compelled me to finally change some characters.

They should just cut the prices by 75% permanently, if not remove them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by panos20 View Post
    Still a rip-off.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No race change. Silly Blizzard.
    I guess they're waiting for belfs to be done before releasing a race change discount.

Right after I transfered a character, too. I had about $19 in B.net balance after I got my HotS refunds and had to add $10 to transfer a toon (since you cant just use B.net AND debit for the same transaction) had I known they would have done this, I could have skipped the whole $10 part :\

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I don't think they should be necessarily free. I do think the price is disgustingly and criminally high for one damn service. I seriously think a race change or so should be 5 bucks max and a server transfer/faction change 10 bucks. Furthermore all character customization should be available at the barber like changing skin color. A name change should be 1-2 bucks.

The prices are set like that to disuade people from using it constantly. If it were cheap, there would be a lot of mass migrations causing even more server population issues. That and big guilds would use transfers more often to get free raid lockout resets (though they MIGHT have already put a stop to that....I recall it being an issue in the past.)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Whoa, a race change would be welcome... but I guess that with the new models available, it has to be the character service with the highest demand, so putting it on sale would not bring desired increase in profits.

Angry Ask Questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Any Value Added Services done in the past 72 hours, such as paid character services and paid guild services, are eligible for a partial refund for the current discounted price. Just put in a support ticket with Blizzard and (we'll/they'll) see about getting you that refund.
    ATTN: I did this. The process was a pain in the ass.

I had to submit a ticket with a telephone callback (Blizzard calls you). The representative said they can't just refund the difference. Instead, they could refund the entire Faction Change, send my character back to the original faction, and I could purchase a Faction Change at the discounted price. Seemed pretty straightforward, so I agreed.

Here's the problem. They didn't send my character back to the original faction. They fucking ROLLED MY CHARACTER BACK. I'm now waiting for them to restore that rollback, which is taking for-fucking-ever. Had I known this was going to happen, I never would have considered let alone agreed to this process. Maybe the representative fucked up, but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I faction changed my female goblin hunter to female Night Elf just before that deal. :/

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad I server changed on Monday now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I wish it included a race change :/

Deleted
    Oh my God yes! I was gonna do one this past weekend but thought "Eh, I'll wait a week." And now I've saved 25%!

I think they purposely didn't reduce race change in price, because if they did, the forums would explode with "YOU SEE? BLIZZARD FUCKED UP THE MODELS SO THEY COULD GET PEOPLE TO RACE CHANGE WAAAH WAAH WAAAH!" or "THEY KNOW THEY FUCKED UP, THAT'S WHY RACE CHANGE IS NOW CHEAP!!". You know it would happen.

Weird that there's no race change in this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbeorn View Post
    I'm at a loss for words as to why race change isn't among the sales. They'd make SO much money on that right now if race change popped up for 25 or 50% off because of the new models.
    Maybe because they make so much money at 100% because of the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The prices are set like that to disuade people from using it constantly. If it were cheap, there would be a lot of mass migrations causing even more server population issues. That and big guilds would use transfers more often to get free raid lockout resets (though they MIGHT have already put a stop to that....I recall it being an issue in the past.)
    You are correct, the high price is the ONLY way to handle this. They couldn't use anything else like...ooh, I don't know....maybe a long cooldown (6 months, a year) to stop this happening. Even though making it paid for means that people actually CAN use it constantly. It just results in more and more money going in Blizzards pockets.

What a reasonable company would do is have a two tier system; free transfer on a long cooldown, and (expensive) paid transfer if you do it again in the cooldown period. That will let people move away from servers that died around them, or became imbalanced, without it costing the earth. And if people insist on bouncing around they can do, but they have to pay for the privilege.

Instead they insist on behaving like the cheapest of F2P companies while they rake in a billion dollars a year in income. Sad to see what Blizzard have become these last few years, it's a long way from where they started.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You are correct, the high price is the ONLY way to handle this. They couldn't use anything else like...ooh, I don't know....maybe a long cooldown (6 months, a year) to stop this happening. Even though making it paid for means that people actually CAN use it constantly. It just results in more and more money going in Blizzards pockets.

What a reasonable company would do is have a two tier system; free transfer on a long cooldown, and (expensive) paid transfer if you do it again in the cooldown period. That will let people move away from servers that died around them, or became imbalanced, without it costing the earth. And if people insist on bouncing around they can do, but they have to pay for the privilege.

Instead they insist on behaving like the cheapest of F2P companies while they rake in a billion dollars a year in income. Sad to see what Blizzard have become these last few years, it's a long way from where they started.
    If it irks you so much you're welcome to stop playing, since that's just shoveling more money into the pockets of this ~*EVIL COMPANY*~ :P

Signature by Shyama!

10+ Year Old Account
    notify me when its half off.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    ....All these things should be for free. Other games offers them free on the fly....
    Which games?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    50% or no deal.

D:<

Deleted
    This made me transfer my paladin over (finally )

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to add a server transfer for your account.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile