Deleted

Melee DPS discussion

Hey Champions!

Which melee DPS do you guys think will be the most demanded in raids in WoD? Thinking DPS, utility, overall benefit to the raid etc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The general consensus is rogues. warriors have really strong dps, and still have rallying cry right now. dks also bring a lot of aoe damage.

rogues are warriors > dks /ferals > ret probably.

the disparity between rogues and warriors to the rest is huge though.

Deleted
    With limited raid spots causing paladins to be harder to stack in MC difficulty without using at least one ret, why do you think ret would be at the bottom of the hierarchy?

Why would you stack paladins? Only holy's bringing Devo
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Hands are still extremely strong for certain fights.

Unless HoP is allowing us to one-tank fights it's really marginal (and even then a paladin tank does it better)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

WW monk! Cuz...I want it to be.

Aw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    WW monk! Cuz...I want it to be.

Aw
    They have great DPS at 100 at the moment, at least.

Deleted
    WW are going to be really good if they stay the way they are - especially on fights with sustained cleave, where they are just monsters.

Who knows where the tuning dice will roll. I don't think that melees have much must have utility left with although not being bad even smokebomb being nerfed considerably.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Who knows where the tuning dice will roll. I don't think that melees have much must have utility left with although not being bad even smokebomb being nerfed considerably.
    And finding a rogue who knows how/when to use smokebomb is already rare

10+ Year Old Account
    Melee has it's uses on some cases, specially some classes that can OT if truly needed and both tanks are dead....

But right now... Melee doesn't bring much to CD table, smoke and amz are not that good if people are spread, bubble is so'n'so and only for one, only ones with some raid CDs are the DPS warriors. I know that I do mythic with roughly even amount melee and ranged DPS in group.... and I am plucking my hair out... when it's time to sort raid CDs specially if I don't have certain type of healers...

Considering the downtime which even good melee DPS will get if they have to due ranged DPS jobs (soak pools on Malkorok which are far away etc), then I don't see that there will be much need for melee in WoD for high-end guilds if the ranged DPS can do the same or better job at it. But then again I haven't really checked any of the WoD bosses out so, maybe all the mechanics are melee friendly... who knows.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-10-24 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    But right now... Melee doesn't bring much to CD table
    What exactly are ranged bringing to the CD table?

Shadow priest healing is a joke, Boomkins no longer have tranq, AG is nerfed, Ele no longer has HTT.

Vanilla arms reigned supreme years ago and it shall once again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What exactly are ranged bringing to the CD table?

Shadow priest healing is a joke, Boomkins no longer have tranq, AG is nerfed, Ele no longer has HTT.
    I didn't say that ranged bring anything as well. If you would've read further, then I did say the reason why having more ranged is more beneficial. Why bring someone (if you are high progression) who's DPS could be gimped due to certain mechanics when you can bring someone who's DPS is not when none bring CDs to the raid.