Thread: WoD leveling

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoD leveling

Hi DK friends. I'm switching to dk for the xpac and just wanted a quick heads up on best leveling spec so I can get my gear as in line as possible on my alt. Ty.

do you have any geared toons now? if so have you done the pre xpac event? if so that is what you can expect difficulty wise leveling pick something you like playing and please dont be a robot that needs to be programed with "the forums told me to play this".

questing/leveling content has never been tuned for raid geared players

do you really need help? ....
    Blood-you will never die - but do less damage
    Frost/Unholy - kill stuff faster
    the end
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

There is always a faster spec to do it. Been server first of my respective classes in every xpac, even without a FoS, still don't want to lose it.

But gear is 540 currently, have a couple more weeks of mythic farm so probably 570ish by xpac.

last time (MoP leveling) two hand frost was the best. maybe still is?

Lvl as the spec you plan to play at 100

2h frost without a doubt to level mate

Deleted
    There's no more "frist" achievement so .

But yeah, 2H Frost will probably be the fastest one, I'm pretty sure, because it's always the spec that doesn't need as much gear as the 2 others dps spec.
    Blood will be easier, but probably slower than Frost.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just run blood, aggro a million mobs, and aoe them down.
    With the changes to tank damage, aoeing mobs I feel like will be the most efficient way to level.

If you want to go 1 by 1 mob killing, then yeah, 2H Frost will probably be best.

Edit: Try to get a Heirlooms 2H from Garry. That way your weapon will always be relevant through the levels.

There is something to be said for levelling as the spec you plan on playing at 100, but 2H Frost definitely for speed, because the damage is front-loaded into Obliterate. Even more so with diseases buffing strike damage being removed, you just run up to something, Obliterate x2 back to back, it's dead. Move on.

Frost is always the best leveling spec because it has 0 rampup. 2H frost is better than DW, but basically go with your best set of weapons.

With vengeance removed and nerfs to self-healing, you may find Blood AE leveling to be less effective than in previous expansions.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Frost is always the best leveling spec because it has 0 rampup. 2H frost is better than DW, but basically go with your best set of weapons.

With vengeance removed and nerfs to self-healing, you may find Blood AE leveling to be less effective than in previous expansions.
    If anything, self-healing has been buffed. Death Strike can easily heal you for 50-70% of your health. And Vengeance being gone is a positive, as your damage is now innately higher, so I see no reason why Blood wouldn't be the way to go.

Blood Shield has been seriously nerfed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    If anything, self-healing has been buffed. Death Strike can easily heal you for 50-70% of your health. And Vengeance being gone is a positive, as your damage is now innately higher, so I see no reason why Blood wouldn't be the way to go.

Blood Shield has been seriously nerfed though.
    Playing beta i can say one thing.. even as frost you can pull however many mobs you want and pwn down together. Blood can also but its slower. Staying alive wont be an issue trust me :P Leveling is very trivial in WoD even at the last levels things drop so quick cant really warrant going blood.

I can get any set of weapons I want really. Have 2 str 1 handers and the 2hander BoA already. Gear can get picked up in a week or so since Mythic farm is a joke and we allow alts and such currently.

Looking like 2h frost from the feedback though, so thanks!

Take into account the slowdown of the spec, middle of the leveling process it really hits frost as your resources come a lot slower. Yeah you can still frontload into a single mob easy, but leveling has tons of aoe involved as well. DW might be better, but even then it slows so much in the middle of things that it makes survivability iffy.

Unholy is kinda middle. Slightly less frontloaded damage, but due to passivly moving faster on your feet, access to 4 death runes (compared to Frosts 2) and a stun that isn't from a talent, I would say it would be pretty strong in terms of flexibility/survivability.

Blood is decent, but has notably slower speed because of well it is a tanking spec not dps. Probably won't die though, so best in terms of survivability.

All in all I leveled 90-100 as all the specs for DK's in the beta. To me, 2H was the most gimped because of the slow down as well as weaker aoe. Especially in FFR where you essentially outgear the whole zone, pulling tons of mobs is a huge time saver. Being 2h Frost I had more trouble killing them due to obviously lower aoe damage. DW Frost was good here because it had better aoe, but as things slow down and your gear doesn't outgear the zones in the later areas, the lack of survivability scared me. Unholy was a good middle ground because I was able to pull whatever I want and kite them fairly easily if I really needed too, as well as the single target stun being really handy on some rares that hit harder. Blood was great, never scared about dieing but was just plain a bit slower.

You leveled 3x in beta? Hardcore, man.

I leveled as frost, switching between 2H and DW as I picked up weapons, and went blood for elites.

10+ Year Old Account
    I levelled my dk 58-90 as blood. He was full heirloom geared but it took a while to do so it wont be the fastest. My DK is 571 and I still havnt picked up the dps specs properly and every time I try I have been doing less damage then blood.

I will probably just stay blood up till 100 since I wont die and wont have downtime to heal up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You leveled 3x in beta? Hardcore, man.
    I stopped before they did the exp fix which made things a bit longer to do, so it will still feel different for me in live luckily. I also used some bugs at the time to exploit super fast respawns (which supplemented bugged quests that I couldn't do and was stuck because of). Did it on auto pilot so that I hopefully don't burn out before leveling all my alts in live lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Brunnor, is your DK a Troll? Extra beast experience, with beasts all over!

Also, hope you're running a Blood spec in the background, for those times when it really matters~
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

My DK is BElf. I know troll xp stuff is nice, but don't want to waste money to switch out of BElf only to have to switch back for CMode times and such.

Deleted
    Set in few steps here is what you have to do:
    Set specialization to Unholy-> do Garosh (no matter the mode or the highest mod you have access to)-> Get OP 2h loom weapon that scale up every time you gain a level -> Do leveling as 2h Frost = gg easy times

P.S. dont leave spec as Frost, because you might get the one hand weapon (as i did on mythic last Wednesday /cry in the corner)