Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    So it sounds like if you are in a normal raiding guild (say one that will be able to clear normal fairly easily but then might struggle a bit with heroic) then it might be in your best interest to invest some time in the crafted pieces as they will have a little more longevity.

Here is my brief plan for getting ready for normal mode on the 2nd.

1.) Get at the very least full 630 ilvl heroic 5 man gear.
    2.) Get the 640 MC helm.
    3.) run the three world bosses each week (three lockouts) and coin them each week and hope for the best
    4.) On the second, get a friend to cap conquest and get a 660 trinket (mainstat, with mainstat on use)
    5.) Have been gathering enough apexis crystals to buy and upgrade one piece
    6.) Be farming and crafting enough to craft two 640 epics to replace pieces I have been unlucky with
    7.) Get one alt to level 96 which should be enough to craft a staff???

I think that will put me in a good spot to not be a drain on the guild while allowing some avenues for upgraded gear as we progress through and drops maybe don't go my way. When LFR opens up, it will be the base level crafted though, so that is something to think about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Crafted gear in WoD is going to be the most efficient way to get gear without raid lockouts, there just aren't a ton of options for gearing.
    Taking away raid lockout seems like a pretty big dent don't ya think? Besides crafted gear is limited to 3 equipped so it's not like you can completely outfit a raider with crafted gear (at least not at WoD Launch).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

If your goal is to reach maximum raid gear potential, then leveling your professions is probably not the way to go. I made this sample spreadsheet to illustrate what I mean:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sp=sheets_home

Basically, leveling your profession requires you to use your BoP materials that you would otherwise use for crafting your upgrade items, thus limiting the total number of items that you have to craft with. In the above example, you are attempting to craft an item that costs 10 of some random BoP material at the payout of three skillup points to the profession.

The reason that the numbers fluctuate is because of how the materials are produced. At level 600 of a profession, you will make four per day. At 700, you will make ten. In between, you make a varied amount. I made a formula to attempt to imitate this, although I'm certain it's not exactly accurate.

The point is, you can store your crafted materials at the onset with the plan to create your upgrade items before Mythic raiding starts. Then, once that is completed, you can use your items to level your professions.

---

I do have a question for you all. I read that Cloaks do NOT count toward the three crafted item limit. Is this true? Is there any post to confirm this? I want to know whether I should be leveling a fourth Leatherworker or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    3.) run the three world bosses each week (three lockouts) and coin them each week and hope for the best
    4.) On the second, get a friend to cap conquest and get a 660 trinket (mainstat, with mainstat on use)
    for 3, the world bosses are staggered. Not all 3 will be up from the get-go. First one released with highmaul opening.
    4: the trinkets are nerfed slightly, they grant versatility now with mainstat on use/proc.

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    I do have a question for you all. I read that Cloaks do NOT count toward the three crafted item limit. Is this true? Is there any post to confirm this? I want to know whether I should be leveling a fourth Leatherworker or not...
    Cloaks do count towards the 3 crafted items. There's a tweet out there confirming it, don't have the link near atm. Look up Crafticus.

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    If your goal is to reach maximum raid gear potential, then leveling your professions is probably not the way to go. I made this sample spreadsheet to illustrate what I mean:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sp=sheets_home

Was a bug that has been hotfixed... let me see if I can find the tweet about it.

https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/sta...72988909342720
    Last edited by Tyrean; 2014-11-05 at 08:06 PM.

Perfect. Thank you both. I need to follow Crafticus, as he seems to post a lot of great information. Much appreciated. My sanity while here at the Hilton awaiting BlizzCon is renewed. No need to stay up late and level another Leatherworker.

... I hate Leatherworking.