Deleted

Can't solo Baleroc now

I'm a destro & demo warlock and I do over 190k dps in firelands 25 hc with 566 ilvl, heroic warforged gaze of arrogance, immerseus & garrosh trinkets and legendary cloak, but I can't even solo baleroc on 25 normal anymore. Anyone have any tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Baleroc is currently bugged in the damage reduction portion, in that he does pre-6.0 damage to you. not sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I can tell you that at least his Decimation Blade does pre-squish damage. Ouch.

yeah, it's fucked up right now. I can't do enough dps to kill him before the first deci blade in 25h, and if I do it as prot he slices right through the cloak. only options are to abuse the alysrazor buff to kill him quickly, do it at a lower difficulty, or bring in a friend.

I just used my Voidlord as Destro to tank majority of the damage. Also ilvl is 577. When he comes for you just pop Unending Resolve and should be dead within the 8 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worpig View Post
    I just used my Voidlord as Destro to tank majority of the damage. Also ilvl is 577. When he comes for you just pop Unending Resolve and should be dead within the 8 seconds.
    Hmm I haven't tried much with the voidlord as neither destro nor demo but could give it some practice. I do believe that his flame sword shit does pre 6.0 dmg cause it hurts like hell. Same goes for the lava in firelands, it hits 7-8k per tick.

I went into Firelands yesterday and the first time I fought Baleroc (Demo, Item level 558) I got him to about 14% and he overwhelmed me. Second time I tried using my voidlord and that was even worse. Third time I went in there, thought I did exactly the same thing I did the first time but RNG must of been on my side or something because he just melted and it was significantly easier. Honestly, I don't know what I did differently but it was odd.

Just don't run away from the crystal.

Did it on heroic 25 with a voidlord and never moving. Just burned him right down.

There must be a bug, probably they messed up with the squish. Anyway, at my fourth try I did it by abusing Soul Leech (perma shield as long as you deal damage) mechanic with Touch of Chaos spam (started the fight with almost full fury). Maybe this might help.

Hmmm as a quite geared BrM (587 ilvl) i just destroyed him on 25H, died halfway the first fire blade. Try saccing your pet, no pet = no shard. Not sure if that's an option right now balance-wise, but doesn't sound like a bad idea considering the HUGE multipliers you get when soloing low lvl raids

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I can tell you that at least his Decimation Blade does pre-squish damage. Ouch.
    Decimation blade (the shadow one) deals 90% of your max HP, it is properly squished, it is just HP based. That's why you needed to 2-tank baleroc, so the tank without hp increasing stacks could tank decimation blade

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Decimation blade (the shadow one) deals 90% of your max HP, it is properly squished, it is just HP based. That's why you needed to 2-tank baleroc, so the tank without hp increasing stacks could tank decimation blade
    No. It hits for 90% or 250k, whichever is higher. Getting to more than 250k hp without a healer on the fight is going to be slightly difficult.

Deleted
    I tried saccing my voidwalker and didn't make it past first decimation blade on heroic or normal. I then switched to demo and summoned voidlord and did it on first try without having to use health funnel or anything.

Have no problem as a brewmaster monk on 25hc, although its kinda a rng fight right now to not get hit :P Shannox is also one i do as tank because of the bleed effect.

try using the super void
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    Confirmed, just solo'd using Void + supremacy
    Easy mode, move away from crystals and it'll be over in no time

wow, just wow ..... I'm not going to hold back, you terrible warlocks in here rolled fotm warlock and like to cry because you can't absolutely faceroll something.

and have no idea how to play warlock whatsoever. There's a good thread in these warlock forums about how to solo things, use the search function and learn to play your warlock, it's a great class with a lot of incredible tools to help you solo things.

You solo Baleroc now the exact same way real warlocks soloed Baleroc at the beginning of MoP at 460 ilvl. Absolutely nothing about how to really solo things that are actually semi-challenging has changed. It requires spells other just casting imm/inc/conflag/chaos bolt ....... start with this one spell called summon voidwalker (hint, it's a tank).

Read your spellbook.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-10-24 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Confirmed, just solo'd using Void + supremacy
    Easy mode, move away from crystals and it'll be over in no time
    I don't know if I made something wrong but my voidlord dies sometimes within the next shadowbolt. It's better if I enter the Fight with full Fury, but after depleting my bar, the Voidlord keeps dieing.

My Itemlevel is 563, I use Soul Leech, Soul Link and the health funnel Glyph

Edit: It seems to be a performanceproblem. With destruction I have a higher frequency of casts in betweeen the hits. It works much better
    Last edited by mmoc62b6ace040; 2014-10-26 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    get 25 stacks from aly, fly in and burn him in under 10 seconds

Deleted
    Baleroc was hard to solo even before 6.0, it's no wonder that you can't solo him now if you don't have crazy high ilvl. I'm doing Fl 25m for legendary quest (cinders part) and on the first week I did it on normal cause I had the pre-quest and baleroc died within 1min, was demo with void, used grimoare of supremacy and nuked him with 400k dps(no alysrazor buff). This week he died even sooner on 25m hc but I had a friend with me that needed embers, needles to say that 10m is useless since you 2shot most stuff with 2 chaosbolts as destro.

But yeah, best tact is to use void (demo) with synergy OR voidlord (destro) with supremacy and stuff should go down in notime, that is if you got high dps, I'm 580ilvl and got roughly 18-20k sustained on avarage in soo