10+ Year Old Account

New to 50 - Next Steps?

Good morning everyone,

First, apologies if I get any terms incorrect. I recently (yesterday) hit 50 on my first class (Paladin), and have an item level of 46. With the main story, I have progressed to the Cape Westwind dungeon. I have completed my level 50 paladin quest and there doesn't seem to be another one. With my other classes, they are pretty low - max of 19.

My question is what should be my next steps on progressing forward? Should I keep following the main storyline quest? Is there any New to 50 guides that one recommends? There are so many things now: GC seals (should I spend these? They say there are no more promotions for me), Hunts (have done 3/5 regular ones), these tombstones, etc. I don't really understand it all, so would love to learn more.

Thanks,
    Pejo

First thing you want to do is finish the main story, since the content patches have happened you've got a lot more story to do, but after the credits roll and you're technically in the postgame, tons and tons of stuff open up

Everything else is gated to finishing the main story, but after you do;

I'd advise going to revenant's toll and every major city and looking for the level 50 quests that have appeared to unlock new and hardmode dungeons

You can also start your relic, look for "A relic reborn" in Mor'Dhona, this will set you up to get your Relic weapons, which will continue to grow alongside your character for the rest of the endgame and stays one of the better weapons you get

I'd advise going to your grand company and unlocking bounty boards, then hunting marks and join a party finder that's grinding A ranks to get allied seals, which will get you ilvl 90 class armor, it's around 180 for a full set not including the accessories

Keep going through the main story to get all the trials unlocked, and do all the new dungeons/hardmodes to unlock the Daily trials, Daily high level, and DAily expert randoms in the LFG page
    Last edited by Veluren; 2014-10-23 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Nara Numas said do the story and find a hunt LS and do some A/S rank hunts. Essentially what they are are strong mobs that get massacred by a hundred of people cause that's how fucked up we are.
    You get seals and tomes for doing A/S ranks. Easiest way to get myth tomes to get gear to start.
    Afterwards you can do Crystal Tower and do Circus (Syrcus) to get some sand / oil for weathered soldier tome stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks - you people are the best!