Deleted

CPU + Motherboard help :)

Hey guys, a couple of months ago I posted a thread on the forum looking for help choosing a CPU and Motherboard ( Back then i was only checking what i could get for my budget, now I'm looking for the one i actually want to buy ).

My budget for the motherboard + The CPU is around 350-400 euro.

Extra info : I live in Ireland, my current GPU is a GTX 670

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£174.99 @ Ebuyer)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler (£30.14 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£104.36 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £309.49
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-23 18:42 BST+0100

You can get a slightly cheaper mobo: GA Z97X-SLI for £88.76

Deleted
    Was just wondering, if i increase my budget a bit would i be able to get anything significantly better?

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    Was just wondering, if i increase my budget a bit would i be able to get anything significantly better?
    Not really. The i7 4970K (extra 100 pounds) would be the next upgrade but unless you stream/ render/ video edit and/or you absolutely refuse to overclock the i5 it isn't a significant upgrade. Beyond that you'd look at haswell-e and x99 which would be around double the price for around 5-10% gaming performance (if that).

You'd be much better off getting the i5 build and save up for a 970 or similar.

I'd stick with the i5....nothing really new till 2016.....