Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Values for Juggernaut:

Ilvl: 558
    Average sustained DPS: 14,2k
    Burst DPS: It did vary quite much. I tested a lot this raid (I only raided once since patch), sometimes only having ~20k, my best bursts were about ~40k
    Pre squish DPS: ~415k iirc (higher ilvl)

The numbers are obviously quite low, because we use the cheesy out of range standing strategy for P2. So it's not really a good indicator for sustained single dps, but probably the most accurate I can give in the current patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    iLvl: 586
    Average: 22-24k
    Burst: ~40k
    Pre: 450k+

Pulling these numbers from my first time raiding my monk this week
    Ilvl: 560
    Average sustained DPS: 6800 for 5min Heroic Garrosh, 10,600 for 2min Heroic Sha of Pride
    Burst DPS: 17300 on Garrosh pull no lust, 34000 on Pride with lust.
    Pre squish DPS: 150k-200kish, maybe can't find any logs to support it.

Understand my numbers are probably low compaired to most not only because of gearing but experience. I've been a healing priest all my raiding career (since early BC) but have gotten bored with healing and wanted something new for WoD. Since I have a blast playing my windwalker in BGs and arenas I figured it would be the best option. So these numbers are from a nub pvp windwalker trying to learn to pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    For you guys who are doing over 20k sustained average dps, currently, what's your secret(s)?

Do you use any kind of timer addon, like TMW or WA2?

What's your usual ST priority, vs. your AoE priority? I'm averaging roughly 11k, avg sustained ST, on my 572 WW, but I'm thinking from your numbers, that I'm doing something very wrong.
    Just the same as always;
    Keep up TP
    Keep up RSK debuff
    FoF on CD
    RSK on CD
    Spend Combo breaker proccs
    BoK the remaining Chi

Just make sure to save Chi for FoF/RSK to use on CD. Difference for AoE is, uh... SEF up, RJW on CD... and yeah.

I have a full priority system made in TMW too but it's not really needed. Feel free to play with it though: http://pastebin.com/pVc2apdF
    Just to note, I hide all of my UI so I have a small U-shaped grid for CDs and such around my char. You can just disable/remove them and leave the single target meta.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-10-24 at 08:25 PM.

Ilvl:588-589
    Average sustained DPS: 24-28k
    Burst DPS: 40-60k
    Pre squish DPS: 539k

The fairest thing to compare really is self-buffed target dummy dps.

When you're looking at raid dps in mythic SoO most fights are too short especially with the higher performing raid groups out there that up-time on bloodlust etc. is going to skew numbers too greatly. There's also going to be a few mechanic differences in how raid groups do things which will impact figures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    The fairest thing to compare really is self-buffed target dummy dps.

When you're looking at raid dps in mythic SoO most fights are too short especially with the higher performing raid groups out there that up-time on bloodlust etc. is going to skew numbers too greatly. There's also going to be a few mechanic differences in how raid groups do things which will impact figures.
    That's more or less always the case for actual logs. Tactics vary too much, and many mechanics are getting cheesed for high logs. Examples:
    Immerseus - Who AoE's the adds? How many dd/heal adds spawned at your side, probably forcing you to heal some phases?
    Protectors - How are the 66/33% phases timed? Are they tanked together or spread?
    Norushen - Who makes the logs? Who goes down first?
    Sha - Who AoE's the adds? How many times was a person in prison / banishment?
    The list could just go on. To compare pure DPS numbers among different guilds is very tricky and never fair. And fight durations varied very strongly even before the patch between guilds.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2014-10-25 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elva View Post
    I can't post links to my logs because my account is so new.

For reference to my avg. dps, and "burst" you can look up "Hakuna Matata" on Warcraft Logs, and pre squish dps you can look up "Chaningtatum" only did 10M normal originally on my monk.

WW is extremely strong right now, and will be even stronger at 100.

Warlocks definitely aren't where they were pre 6.0 my Ret Pally was stomping on our locks in raid the other day.
    Funny how things on the wow forums are complete opposite of what you see here.

WW monks are crying that their dps blows.

Ilvl:584
    Average sustained DPS: 22-26k
    Burst DPS: 50-60k
    Pre squish DPS: 400k 582 ilvl back then though

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post

Because the majority would rather complain than lern something slightly different... My guildy keeps complaining that he now sucks... No, he sucked before but was carried by button mashing (best part he used TP far too much yet his uptime was so low, derp). Now I blow him out of the water because he fails at using FoF. He literally uses it less than half of what he should be.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-10-25 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted

It was very weak before the buffs. And now I wouldn't say it's extremely strong. Looking at the overall logs, it seems to be about middle of the pack. But at level 100 it will be too strong, if the buffs stay (which I doubt).
    The next thing is: Many classes have had something removed, or their rotations simplified. As a WW, you could ignore FoF before the patch and lose less than 5% dps. Now it is quite high in the priority list, and people are probably not used to having that extra button. There were only 2 IDs since patch. Probably many WWs still haven't adjusted accordingly to the changes in this short time. After you just smashed your buttons without much thinking for one year on the same bosses, it can be quite easy to sometimes throw out another BoK, although FoF would be ready soon. Old habits die hard. I, too, saw myself making hundreds of errors this week (only raid since patch) already while playing. Thus many WWs are not seeing the classes' full potential yet. Just give it a little time for the people to adjust.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2014-10-25 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Just the same as always;
    Keep up TP
    Keep up RSK debuff
    FoF on CD
    RSK on CD
    Spend Combo breaker proccs
    BoK the remaining Chi

Just make sure to save Chi for FoF/RSK to use on CD. Difference for AoE is, uh... SEF up, RJW on CD... and yeah.

I have a full priority system made in TMW too but it's not really needed. Feel free to play with it though: http://pastebin.com/pVc2apdF
    Just to note, I hide all of my UI so I have a small U-shaped grid for CDs and such around my char. You can just disable/remove them and leave the single target meta.
    Alright, I think I may have been prioritizing a normal BoK over a combo-breaker-procced TP (wasn't dropping the TP buff, tho). I also haven't been prioritizing FoF as high as you have it in the list. I'll change that.

One question in regard to SEF: Does it still hold, that you should be using 1 SEF clone, in ST situations, so long as that target won't be killed for at least 4-5 GCDs?

And am I being fail, for taking Ascension in tier 3, as opposed to learning to use Chi Brew?

And thanks for the advice. I'll also check out your TMW string. I made mine into a single-meta priority addon, with the exception that I could never get grapple weapon to integrate right.

From IJ this week

Ilvl: 587
    Average sustained DPS: 24.8k
    Burst DPS: 55k
    Pre squish DPS: 500k

Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    I call BS on a lot of these numbers. "Average" in these threads is usually "a number I saw a few times and liked"
    That sounds like someone doesn't want to believe that there are players out there pulling higher numbers than he does. ^^

Do you use any kind of timer addon, like TMW or WA2?
    I was under the impression that most serious raiders do that, outside of the few that have really mastered their class to the point where things just come naturally to them. Very rare. While I usually try to keep my interface as much standard as it can be, I'd not want to miss TMW for maximizing performance, since there are so many things Blizzard just won't show you in a convenient way, or at all.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Ilvl: 553
    Average sustained DPS: on dummy 8k in LFR 9-10k depending on fight
    Burst DPS: 15-16k dummy
    Pre squish DPS: 220k on dummy, 250-290 LFR

Alright, I think I may have been prioritizing a normal BoK over a combo-breaker-procced TP (wasn't dropping the TP buff, tho). I also haven't been prioritizing FoF as high as you have it in the list. I'll change that.
    What I wrote is more of just a general idea. You don't want to cap energy, but you don't want to waste any CB proccs or Chi either. The guides already around here explain it better than I can, but if you follow the TMW I made you'll get the idea pretty quick. FoF isn't currently in it though until I get the moving glyph. ;p

One question in regard to SEF: Does it still hold, that you should be using 1 SEF clone, in ST situations, so long as that target won't be killed for at least 4-5 GCDs?
    You shouldn't SEF on the target you're hitting, if that's what you mean - it will just stand there auto attacking whilst you do 70% of your original damage. Only SEF targets you're not currently hitting.

And am I being fail, for taking Ascension in tier 3, as opposed to learning to use Chi Brew?
    Honestly I don't even know what the ranks between these are atm. I play Chi Brew because I prefer the control, and I guess I'm just used to it now. Same as on my DK I always preferred Blood Tap. The TMW should still work if you aren't playing Chi Brew but you can edit the Chi for Jab and the last BoK in the priority so it doesn't ignore the fact you have 5 Chi to work with.

And thanks for the advice. I'll also check out your TMW string. I made mine into a single-meta priority addon, with the exception that I could never get grapple weapon to integrate right.
    Pretty much what mine is, too. Except I also have cooldowns of things around it. Took a few screenshots to show what is actually shown as it's pretty messy when open. Oh and some are global groups for just general raid stuff and won't be on there for you (I think anyway. )

E: Sorry for OT folks just realised how big the post is. D:
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-10-25 at 04:44 PM.

My DPS was horrible before the squish.

My DPS is now right where it should be based on simcraft and ilvl and such.

ilvl: 556 (no cloak)
    Sustained DPS: 10k
    Burst DPS: 14-15k
    pre-patch: unsure

With average fights lasting ~45 seconds currently its hard to give accurate DPS results
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore