Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Do I main a Shaman in WoD?

Hey guys,

I come here for some advice. I have returned from a very long break (not really played since ToT) and back then i was playing a monk tank. Now, going into WoD, i will focus on a little pve content, but mainly PVP, in the form of 2v2, 3v3 and RBGS. How are Enhancement shamans doing right now / at 100 (for those of you in beta!)? I have played an Shaman through all 3 classes at some point during the expansion, and enjoyed it, but it was always the alt of an alt of an alt.

Fresh start for a fresh expansion. What do you guys suggest? It is either going to be a shaman, or a feral druid.

Any feedback would be massively appreciated.

Thank you

Feral druid without a doubt. Enhance still feels like an incomplete spec. Especially after losing stormblast and replacing it with a wind fart. Feral on the other hand was streamlined a touch and feral druids are the coolest melee spec imo.

Shamans have very low DPS. Ele is at the bottom and Enhance is very near the bottom (though enhance has some AOE potential). Feral will have more offhealing, and far more DPS. Given the option of playing either there is no reason to take the shaman.

NO
    For the love of god no, don't make the same mistake we all did :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're enjoying enha shaman; stick with it. If you want to play feral just because it's OP, you'll be wasting your time because any OP class will eventually be dealt with and in general ferals are rather boring, at least after cata they became rather boring to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    NO
    For the love of god no, don't make the same mistake we all did :'(
    This.

Unless you already have one and are actively enjoying it, choose the Feral Druid. Enhancement, and even the Shaman class entirely feels very incomplete in comparison to most of the other classes, and overall it can feel clunky to play if you're not used to playing it.

You'll also be able to achieve a lot more with less effort.

I'm with everyone above. Don't waste your time on a shaman. Funny thing is I'm maining a druid in wod (I love nature esque classes and hybrids) After having mained a shaman since late BC. I like the toolkit and the fluidity of druid specs more so than shaman now. I'm speaking from feral/enhance, ele/moonkin and resto/resto. Played all of them and druids are just much better at each one compared to shaman.

That's just me though.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This. Please friend for the love of God. Please don't make the same mistake we made It's too late for us, but you still have a chance.. Take the feral and run boy!

Play twice as hard to perform sub-par. It's the way of the shaman
    be careful you get underdog syndrome and you start playing the weakest class all the time and try to beat out the champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    If you're enjoying enha shaman; stick with it. If you want to play feral just because it's OP, you'll be wasting your time because any OP class will eventually be dealt with and in general ferals are rather boring, at least after cata they became rather boring to me.
    Leveling is extremely easy, if you have a team that cares about performance at all or if you have an ounce of dignity you won't make your team suffer through an absolutely crap performance by shamans in 6.0. You can easily reroll to any class at any time in the beginning and miss almost nothing. Blizzard has made it incredibly easy to switch classes without effort, there is no incentive to stick with a bad class.

Yes, definitely.

Deleted
    Well, it appears the people have spoken! Thank you very much for your input guys, its pretty clear, I will be maining the feral druid!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, it's very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    be careful you get underdog syndrome and you start playing the weakest class all the time and try to beat out the champs.
    This is me exactly :'D And if I'm playing a class and it becomes FOTM, I end up disliking it. Not sure why, maybe I'm so insecure in my ability that I deliberately pick weak classes so I can excuse my performance if I do badly :'D . Pretty sure I was the only person to drop Warlock after 5.1 :/

As you want to PvP mainly then my advice is play melee as it has been stated officially melee will dominate by design until the highest level of PvP -which 9x% of us don't play at.

You literally just described why I stuck with shaman way back when XD

Don't get me wrong shaman's have one amazing buff. When you do the best in a group you're a hero compared to the other classes, and when you do bad...well its the class's fault not yours No other class in the game has been able to maintain this buff near as long as the shaman has.
    That is a badass transmog.

I can't decide if I want to play my shaman in WoD. The only thing really keeping me tied to the class is "liquid magma" at lvl 100. The spell looks awesome but if it's weak, then screw it =/

10+ Year Old Account
    This. Please friend for the love of God. Please don't make the same mistake we made It's too late for us, but you still have a chance.. Take the feral and run boy!

Play twice as hard to perform sub-par. It's the way of the shaman
    Haha, I stick to my shaman no matter what. I will main one until I quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Yeah, eventually in about 2 years from past experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I will stick to my shammy no matter what.
    I agree that a decent player can play it well despite all the changes.
    Started playing as ele and probably will finish that way.

Shammy will be my main always as well, because despite anything else, I genuinely do enjoy all 3 specs, which gives me some leeway if one is particularly bad.

I love the visual aspects of elemental, we're got some amazing looking spells and effects, I'd say the best in the game by far.
    I love the way enhancement is a kind of melee/spell hybrid, and there's something so satisfying about hitting things with weapons.
    I love the style of healing as restoration, which I can't really describe in words other than that it feels right, a feeling I struggle to find with other healers (except druid, but let's not go there right now ).

But...if you're starting fresh, and have no real attachment to either, it's my duty as an honest man to say you'll be better served by a druid at this point in time

i know current state of enha is very weak in both pvp and pve but guys, dont you think there is still time to balance? i mean retri was weak too but they get like %20 increased damage buffs and now they are in okay tier. dont know what you thinking but i really want to main my shaman in wod and have a little hope for enha