Page 1 of 70
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

US begins airstrikes in Syria

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29321136

Not to much information on it yet, seems like Russia/Assad are not happy about it at all though, the US having no permission to be doing it.
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

Not to much information on it yet, seems like Russia/Assad are not happy about it at all though, the US having no permission to be doing it.
    Russia mad at the airstrikes because of the lack of permissions, so fucking ironic.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-09-23 at 06:00 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Someone tell Putin it's not alright to shoot down non-hostile commercial planes either.

Picking sides in a civil war, very dumb

I wonder how accurate they can target things now. Do they see people on the ground in their HUD via infrared or are special forces targeting them. Maybe drones are painting targets with lasers? I would imaging the tech has come a long way.

I wonder if they use solely guided munitions or the old fashion dumb bombs?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

F-22 makes its combat debut. ^_^

Welcome to the family, little buddy!

I hope every single one of those ISIS bastards suffers a brutal death. Hopefully after they are dealt with, the US "accidentally" bombs Assad, forcing him to retaliate and then using that as an excuse to butcher him and all of his buddies. Then once all of the Syrian government and their pathetic excuse of a military are nothing but a pile of corpses, we can tell turn the Russian naval base to glass. Oh god, I so totally wish this would happen. This is the perfect time to replace the Syrian government with something of our choosing. Please US, please slaughter Assad and his buddies. Please destroy all of these creatures. Hopefully, Putin does something stupid, giving the US an excuse to take him out as well. Death to ISIS and death to Assad! Death to all the enemies of the west!

10+ Year Old Account

It's the US AND ALLIES. You can't just say its us doing it. Will just cause a shitstorm.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    It's the US AND ALLIES. You can't just say its us doing it. Will just cause a shitstorm.
    That's the point.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharif View Post
    I hope every single one of those ISIS bastards suffers a brutal death. Hopefully after they are dealt with, the US "accidentally" bombs Assad, forcing him to retaliate and then using that as an excuse to butcher him and all of his buddies. Then once all of the Syrian government and their pathetic excuse of a military are nothing but a pile of corpses, we can tell turn the Russian naval base to glass. Oh god, I so totally wish this would happen. This is the perfect time to replace the Syrian government with something of our choosing. Please US, please slaughter Assad and his buddies. Please destroy all of these creatures. Hopefully, Putin does something stupid, giving the US an excuse to take him out as well. Death to ISIS and death to Assad! Death to all the enemies of the west!
    Death to Scourge, and death to the living! FOR THE HORDE!

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Someone tell Putin it's not alright to shoot down non-hostile commercial planes either.
    Source? /10char
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Why should that concern him ?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You joining the military or watching from the nose bleed seats?
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    When I linked that, it DID just say US :P

- - - Updated - - -

Also, going to be interesting seeing the people condemning russians for fighting in Ukraine/taking over crimea now supporting airstrikes in a country that does not want them :P

I personally just wonder how long before this progresses into us attacking assad personally.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I linked that, it DID just say US :P

- - - Updated - - -

Also, going to be interesting seeing the people condemning russians for fighting in Ukraine/taking over crimea now supporting airstrikes in a country that does not want them :P

I personally just wonder how long before this progresses into us attacking assad personally.
    Well Obama stated that if Assad shoots down one of our planes or tries to he will be overthrown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

This is the perfect time to get rid of Assad and remove one of Russia's key allies in the region. Anything that makes Russia weaker is good for the west. Anything that makes Putin mad is also good. May he live a miserable existence for the rest of his life. We should do absolutely everything possible to fuck with him. Screw Putin. Hopefully what happens to his empire is the same as what happened to the Soviet Union. All crumbling down like a house of cards. Fuck all these guys. The more they complain, the more entertaining it is for the rest of us. Its time to spill some blood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert View Post
    Death to Scourge, and death to the living! FOR THE HORDE!
    Joke all you want but I'm serious about every single word I wrote. Fuck all these guys. Don't feel any sympathy for them. They deserve none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Well Obama stated that if Assad shoots down one of our planes or tries to he will be overthrown.
    But wouldn't shooting down foreign warplanes attacking inside your country be something the government of a country SHOULD do?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the perfect time to get rid of Assad and remove one of Russia's key allies in the region. Anything that makes Russia weaker is good for the west. Anything that makes Putin mad is also good. May he live a miserable existence for the rest of his life. We should do absolutely everything possible to fuck with him. Screw Putin. Hopefully what happens to his empire is the same as what happened to the Soviet Union. All crumbling down like a house of cards. Fuck all these guys. The more they complain, the more entertaining it is for the rest of us. Its time to spill some blood.

- - - Updated - - -

Joke all you want but I'm serious about every single word I wrote. Fuck all these guys. Don't feel any sympathy for them. They deserve none.

easy to scream about spilling blood when you sit at home with clean hands...
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Most likely there has been some coordination with Assad and Russia

- - - Updated - - -

But wouldn't shooting down foreign warplanes attacking inside your country be something the government of a country SHOULD do?
    Right now US is sort of on Assad's side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post

Right now US is sort of on Assad's side

It won't stay that way for long; I assure you, the military/presidential team is ITCHING for an excuse to attack assad himself, after the whole "Chemical weapon" thing broke down and embarassed them.
    You're a towel.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey that's why I didn't want Obama to intervene a year ago and only did so reluctantly after he ran his mouth and created that red line. Until Ukraine, the Russian foreign service spent it's entire time on Syria. It bled Russia and Iran of immense amounts of resources and money. Hell for 3 years, looking the other way as Arab states built the insurgency in Syria and or providing indirect support was strategic genius.

So long as we don't pay a dime for rebuilding Syria (international fund raising aside, which is always fine), hopefully this ends with the removal of Assad. If not, it'll be a longer, more protracted head ache for Russia, which is good for us.

And correction: Putin doesn't have an empire. What he has is scraps.