Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    No reason to look for a new MMO if you quit WoW. Yes, you might have a few weeks of fun playing other MMOs because everything is still fresh, but once you get over that phase, and the only thing that makes you log in, is the actual gameplay, WoW is still the BY FAR best MMORPG out there.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Impossible. That's like saying first person perspective or isometric combat is out-of-date. These are merely interfacing methods.

Some MMORPGs are not action games. Some are.

You can not compare a non-action game to an action game and claim one is outdated. The design intent different and no method of play is in of itself outdated.

Outdated by what measure? What failure of design would these stylistic differences fall into relative to the design intent?

Panzer Generals is not attempting to provide a metaphor of driving a tank around France. World of Tanks is though.

The comparison and expectation is faulty.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly as tab-target and action MMOs both require dedication, precision, and skill to properly play your class to its fullest regardless of the input method. I get into fights with people over TERA vs WoW vs GW2 vs Blade n Soul, etc. "NO TERA IS BETTER CAUSE YOU HAVE TO AIM ABILITIES AND TIMING, RAWR RAWR RAWR! WoW IS A TAB-TARGET KIDDIE GAME ALONG WITH FF14 AND RIFT"

Really? I've done Abcess 5-man HM and other HMs when they were relevant. Yes, you have to time and aim/use your abilities correctly but the fights mechanics are often on par with the lowest raid difficulty in WoW because the boss has to be a huge dodge-able punching bag ability soaker to accommodate how combat works in that game. TERA's combat is fantastic but its PVE pales in comparison to WoW, RIFT, and FF14. Healers are the only ones that have it hard in that game IMO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    No reason to look for a new MMO if you quit WoW. Yes, you might have a few weeks of fun playing other MMOs because everything is still fresh, but once you get over that phase, and the only thing that makes you log in, is the actual gameplay, WoW is still the BY FAR best MMORPG out there.
    thats your opinion. but its not a fact... because i disagree greatly. i'm having far more fun with archeage then i have with WoW. but its maybe because i'm more like the OP "PVP is an important element " so no WoW is not the best for that.
    Last edited by loki504; 2014-10-26 at 08:19 AM.

I'm losing the urge everyday more and more to play wow. I don't play as it is, and I am enjoying games that require less commitment. I don't think I'm going to play WoD. All I'm seeing is a grind, and I guess the gameplay isn't fun for me anymore.

Deleted
    Okay good for you I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. WoW's combat is quite bad, and also the endgame is very repetitive (dailies, weekly raids and such). The reason people play it so much is that they are used to it, but, objectively speaking, many game elements are done significantly better in newer games. WoW might be better overall due to 10 years of content development and polish, but it really depends on what is important for the player. I can't stand WoW's combat and that alone essentially kills that game for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramstone View Post
    First and foremost, this is not a "WoW sucks, bye." thread. I can't stand those.

Lately I had to admit my overstay in World of Warcraft, and it wasn't easy. I've played WoW since 2008, and I've played it a lot. As of lately, I've been feeling the need to move on and find a fresh start in another worthy MMORPG. It seems that the last few years or so haven't been good for MMOs, and I hope this changes. I'm having a hard time finding a new one that suits my wants and needs. Other than GW2 and ESO there doesn't seem to be much on the table. All I want is an MMO that will hold up for years to come, and is expansive and interesting. PVP is an important element, as I like challenging, fair competition. Are there any MMOs you'd honestly recommend? I gave GW2 a shot, and I like it. I just don't want to end the search too soon.

This goes to anyone who has quit WoW and has found another worthy MMO. Which one do you play now?
    Well, the thing is, at least it was for me: it is hard after "leaving" wow to find another game, mmo or not, to stay with same amount of time. I started game jumping way more. But it's somewhat healthy, instead of staying in game doing whatev to wait for next patch you can jump between games when updates come.
    It's hard to find anything worthwhile really in terms of pvp in mmos, but many of them are free right now so just download and try the new and fresh out and see where you land. I don't play mmos that often anymore, and I usually play mmos for the pvp. But there are some that are fun to try, new classes, new spells etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, the thing is, at least it was for me: it is hard after "leaving" wow to find another game, mmo or not, to stay with same amount of time. I started game jumping way more. But it's somewhat healthy, instead of staying in game doing whatev to wait for next patch you can jump between games when updates come.
    I'm not so sure it's been "healthy" for me. I'm 'MMO-monogamous' so I haven't particularly enjoyed bouncing from one to the next. I end up getting frustrated when other MMOs can't offer the same long term experience I had with WoW. I really, really do not like playing multiple MMOs (or games in general) at the same time and typically once I've quit one I don't go back even after they've gone F2P. I often wonder if it weren't for Cataclysm if I would have ever left WoW at all. I don't know.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm not so sure it's been "healthy" for me. I'm 'MMO-monogamous' so I haven't particularly enjoyed bouncing from one to the next. I end up getting frustrated when other MMOs can't offer the same long term experience I had with WoW. I really, really do not like playing multiple MMOs (or games in general) at the same time and typically once I've quit one I don't go back even after they've gone F2P. I often wonder if it weren't for Cataclysm if I would have ever left WoW at all. I don't know.
    I left wow during Cata for a looong break, returned this summer to play through MoP for a month or two and then cancelled sub again. I really loved wow pre-cata, and had friends take breaks but I was still in game and never played something else. But cata really killed it for me, and I did give that expansion more chances than most people :/

And sure, I understand what you mean with being frustrated that other mmos cant get your devotion same as wow. It would be great if some mmo actually made it and became a success, but each and every mmo fail the pvp population so if you like pvp there isn't much to do. And I understand that if you want to pvp on a somewhat serious level it's not interesting to try new mmos, play for a couple of levels and realise that the game has too many flaws and quit and start another. You usually want good pvp, and choose your class and learn it and improve and then you have to want to play the game quite a bit.

And on the sad side there aren't really any exciting pvp mmos even in development stage that I know of, except new DAOC but that focus on world pvp, so I guess this close future brings us to either settle for the mmos that's out there or get our pvp fix elsewhere =(

Deleted
    It has more to do that other MMORPG's can be just as good, but you already got your shit sorted on WoW. If another game doesn't top WoW, there is no need to stick with it as you can get what you want from a game you already played for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I personally find it hard to believe anyone can enjoy WoW for as long it lasts. While it is one of the best MMORPG's if not THE best, everyone has a burnout. Whether one quits to find something else to enjoy or they get stuck doing crap just because they had some good times on it is on the person himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I left wow during Cata for a looong break, returned this summer to play through MoP for a month or two and then cancelled sub again. I really loved wow pre-cata, and had friends take breaks but I was still in game and never played something else. But cata really killed it for me, and I did give that expansion more chances than most people :/
    Exactly. I posed the question to my fiance if he would have quit WoW had it not been for Cataclysm. He said he didn't know, but that Cataclysm certainly made it easy for him (to quit). In my case, I was still enjoying the game and had no intention of quitting until then. As evidence of how bad an impression it left on me, we were playing through the goblin starting zone yesterday, I saw one of those worms from Deepholm in a kajamite mine and immediately felt ill. If I did go back, I'm not sure I could stomach playing through that (80-85) mess again.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson