Questions about new Balance play

So I dusted off the ol' boomy to go get my BoA this week and wow, I ready all about the changes but until you play you have no idea.
    Would it be correct to say that rather than planning out what you'll make happen over the next four or five casts, you now predict what will happen and plan out how you'll react over the next four or five casts?

Anyway, I have a few questions.

Is it correct that only the initial damage of moonfire and sunfire are effected by lunar peak but that dots dynamically change?

Should sunfire be cast at peak and let fall off or cast twice to keep it up 100%, once at start of solar and one at the close of solar?

It seems that if I start to cast starsurge before I cross over 0 that sometimes it sometimes applies the wrong empowerment. When does this effect occur? Is it on completion of cast or is it when the spell hits? If I'm capped for charges and want to use a starsurge as soon as solar starts, what number is safe to start casting it at? I'm starting casting right before solar starts but sometimes I get lunar empowerment instead.

Final question, does moonfire have diminishing returns on multiple targets? Is dotting up a dozen mobs while star fall is going proper aoe?

Finally, any other tips that are not initially obvious?
    Thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by antsterr View Post
    Is it correct that only the initial damage of moonfire and sunfire are effected by lunar peak but that dots dynamically change?

Should sunfire be cast at peak and let fall off or cast twice to keep it up 100%, once at start of solar and one at the close of solar?
    Uptime is more important even in AoE since the sunfire 'cleave' doesn't do the initial dmg to everything just applies the DoT. It was learned that Initial Damage at Peaks was negligible.

I do recommend that @ lvl 90, you can use empower on moonfire for a little bit more dmg and maintain 100% uptime, but for solar cast it twice at beginning and before you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by antsterr View Post

It seems that if I start to cast starsurge before I cross over 0 that sometimes it sometimes applies the wrong empowerment. When does this effect occur? Is it on completion of cast or is it when the spell hits? If I'm capped for charges and want to use a starsurge as soon as solar starts, what number is safe to start casting it at? I'm starting casting right before solar starts but sometimes I get lunar empowerment instead.

Final question, does moonfire have diminishing returns on multiple targets? Is dotting up a dozen mobs while star fall is going proper aoe?

Thanks folks.
    Starsurge gives the buff from when the cast was started rather than when starsurge is released sadly so zero energy is where you'll have to start your starsurge cast.

I enjoyed using Stellar Flare on beta, however weaker than it used to be, it cleans up this part of the 'rotation' so when ur worrying about when to cast starsurge instead it will be filled with a stellar flare application. Also Stellar Flare does the same amount of damage no matter where you are on the eclipse bar, but you want to time so you are keeping your Empowered casts near the peaks of each eclipse.

There is something interesting about how the new DR on Moonfire/Sunfire ticks works that i'm not entirely familiar with, but have read that it's complete shit. Currently AoE is still Starfall(It's borderline OP in right situation) and multidotting.

Starfall is a gift and a curse. It way too good for insanely large AoE packs, but unglyphed, will cause you to pull everything in an 80 diameter.
    Last edited by Kilma; 2014-10-24 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    Starsurge gives the buff from when the cast was started rather than when starsurge is released sadly so zero energy is where you'll have to start your starsurge cast.
    I wish this would change, lol
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.