2013 Huang Case in Qatar

US Asian couple adopt African daughter. Later they move to Qatar for work. Daughter dies. Qatar, not believe an Asian couple would adopt an African child, presses murder charges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Huang_Case_in_Qatar

The Huangs are a U.S. couple found guilty in 2014 of neglecting their adoptive daughter thus leading to her death. The Huangs had moved to Qatar with their three young children in 2012. Matthew Huang, a Stanford-trained engineer, was relocated[1] there by his employer, MWH Global, to work for two years on a major infrastructure project[2] related to the 2022 World Cup improvements. Matthew and Grace had adopted all three of their children from Africa. In all of the adoptions, the Huangs used a respected adoption agency and obtained all the proper visas from the State Department. The Huangs’ middle child was Gloria, whom they adopted from an orphanage in Ghana when she was 4 years old in 2009 and who had chronic eating disorders according to the parents.[

According to the "California Innocence Project" the report filed by the police in the investigation of noted that the children were not “good-looking” and did not share the “hereditary traits” as those of their parents.[4] The CIP reports that investigations also theorize that Matthew and Grace “bought” their children in order to harvest their organs, or perhaps to perform medical experiments on them, allegation arising from the testimony of unnamed sources who claim that family kept to themselves and did not socialize[3]

However, friends of the family in Qatar have come forward to praise Matthew and Grace’s parenting skills and the way they care for and love their children. One family was even at the Huang's home the night before Gloria's death, where they say that they witnessed Gloria walking around and sitting with the family.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    That is pretty messed up. How did the child die?

"While the death certificate indicates that the causes of death as "cachexia and dehydration," an independent review performed by a highly regarded pediatric forensice pathologist questions the determination.[3] The formal definition of cachexia is the loss of body mass that cannot be reversed nutritionally. Cachexia can produce symptoms such as weight loss and muscle atrophy, which often looks similar to starvation, and can be caused by a range of conditions, including congestive heart failure and autoimmune diseases. These causes were not screened in the report by the medical examiner in Doha."

I mean apparently the ME had a cause of death, but someone is saying it might not me but they don't have any proof of it?

There is obviously racism involved because of what they said, but that does not mean they were framed or something :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    That is pretty messed up. How did the child die?

"While the death certificate indicates that the causes of death as "cachexia and dehydration," an independent review performed by a highly regarded pediatric forensice pathologist questions the determination.[3] The formal definition of cachexia is the loss of body mass that cannot be reversed nutritionally. Cachexia can produce symptoms such as weight loss and muscle atrophy, which often looks similar to starvation, and can be caused by a range of conditions, including congestive heart failure and autoimmune diseases. These causes were not screened in the report by the medical examiner in Doha."

I mean apparently the ME had a cause of death, but someone is saying it might not me but they don't have any proof of it?

There is obviously racism involved because of what they said, but that does not mean they were framed or something :P
    All I can figure out was an 'eating disorder'. I know we have medical types on the forum who might know. I don't know if Qatar is the kind of place where they expect you to pay a bribe.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland