Human female model vs artcraft

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u...JmamMtUE0/view

Am I missing something here? Can someone tell me how to make my human female character look like the artcraft screenshots?

You can't, they changed most of the models from the Artcraft previews. For some reason to spite positive feedback and praise from the artcrafts, they pretty much changed all the models halfway through the beta and the gnome females again at the last minute, to make them significantly worse.

On topic of artcrafts, the angry dwarf face (old perv face) still doesn't look anything even close in-game to what they previewed at Artcraft about faces. The brows and scowl are nowhere near where they are in the preview :/ I assumed the one in game is still a WIP, but im starting to think otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my main and top two alts are Blood Elves and they look nothing like the artcra

ok, you get the point.
    /obligatorybloodelfqqpostcauseimstillkindofupset
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by SuRXIII View Post
    On topic of artcrafts, the angry dwarf face (old perv face) still doesn't look anything even close in-game to what they previewed at Artcraft about faces. The brows and scowl are nowhere near where they are in the preview :/ I assumed the one in game is still a WIP, but im starting to think otherwise.
    I wonder how many people remember the details of that article. What a wonderful thing it was, and what stellar progress they had made! Unfortunately it was purely a work of fiction conjured to shut up folks with negative feedback, and somehow it's kept working.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Yeah, my main and top two alts are Blood Elves and they look nothing like the artcra

ok, you get the point.
    /obligatorybloodelfqqpostcauseimstillkindofupset
    Be glad your race gets done last, after the rush to get ready for launch is over. Maybe they'll actually spend the time to do a proper upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Be glad your race gets done last, after the rush to get ready for launch is over. Maybe they'll actually spend the time to do a proper upgrade.
    Oh Jesus Christ, all models are clear upgrades to the old ones.

Do you people have to QQ about everything?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Oh Jesus Christ, all models are clear upgrades to the old ones.

Clear upgrades in counts of polygons and pixels? Yes. Clear upgrades in terms of staying true to the spirit of the old models and generally looking good? Not. Even. Close.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Do you have to whiteknight everything Blizzard does? They wont give you anything for that, stop. They could have avoided everything if they didnt promise that they will "stay true to the original".

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Do you have to whiteknight everything Blizzard does? They wont give you anything for that, stop. They could have avoided everything if they didnt promise that they will "stay true to the original".
    Whatever they said, whatever they did, people would be complaining.

On-Topic: Designs change, and resources get allocated to certain aspects of development. The models are considerably better, and while there are a few issues here and there with some of them, they're worth putting up with.

They even said that nothing is truly finished, so keep sending in the helpful feedback, and they'd adjust them when the Blood Elves get launched (I suspect).

seriously

system->advanced->turn new models off

none of the new models are good. I tried to use them but they're all lame as fuck. just turn them off and the game feels good again srs

Quote Originally Posted by sanchoz View Post
    seriously

system->advanced->turn new models off

none of the new models are good (in my opinion). I tried to use them but they're all lame as fuck (in my opinion). just turn them off and the game feels good again (in my opinion) srs
    Fixed that for you, you're welcome.

Deleted
    This thread can go nowhere pleasant. I'm sorry I even read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I forgot how good the artcraft looked. That's disappointing on a whole new level

Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    Hmm I forgot how good the artcraft looked. That's disappointing on a whole new level
    Yeah it is a shocking let down at this point. I didn't quite expect that the finished product would be just a slight, slight rounding out of the original model and no more. It's like they took the gold they had with the new model, and simply fucked it into submission to look like the old model but slightly newer.

As someone who's played a Worgen female since Cata, I can't help but be a little bit gleeful at all of your tears.

Happier with my human females than with any of my other characters. Have already race changed a draenei back to human and will probably do the same for a couple of my night elves.

Their animations still need work, but their faces and hair are incredible - so many nice details. I'm convinced they received way more time than other races (the ones I play, at least).