Poll: Are you excited for WoD

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 just so I don't have to do Siege of Orgrimmar ever again.

10/10 for the fact that I'm going into the expansion with a bunch of friends and launch week is gonna be crazy.

7/10 for the actual expansion.

4/10. Before 6.0 I would have said 7 or 8, but then I saw the iron horde quest line. If that's the amount of effort they are putting in to WoD I can't imagine staying subbed for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    motion to ban anyone who voted less than 9/10. we dont need the toxic haters on are forum
    You can keep your 1% forum then!

Voted 1/10, 95% sure not coming back for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10

I'm excited about ashran and garrisons. -1 point because I expected more from ability pruning.

Deleted
    1/10. There's literally nothing that catches my interest in it, and on the contrary, there are some dreadful changes.

And that's saying something after the trainwreck of MoP.

Not really excited, they ruined ele shamans, warlocks, mm hunters. Most dps specs will be too simple for me to have any fun. The only decent tanking spec for me will be prot paladins, holy shield is back so thats one more cd to manage, i always have fun with that. Healing seems like the only role that will really be fun in WoD.

I'm not looking forward to being limited to only one role, i barely played MoP and by the looks of it i think ill get bored of WoD very fast.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2014-10-25 at 08:01 PM.

First expansion I'm actually waiting to blow over, before considering getting back to WoW. This expansion is absolutely the very definition of UNEpic to me, all of it. The storyline is weak, the updated models were underwhelming, its more of the same old, same old with raids, dungeons, gear - nothing innovative or exciting.

This game is becoming an unfun reincarnation of Sisyphus. 1/10. I don't want to recollect gear and recollect math equations. Whatever WoW had going for it as an RPG it gave up on, our characters are just number sponges.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Not really excited, they ruined ele shamans, warlocks, mm hunters. Most dps specs will be too simple for me to have any fun. The only decent tanking spec for me will be prot paladins, holy shield is back so thats one more cd to manage, i always have fun with that. Healing seems like the only role that will really be fun in WoD.
    I admit they ruined aff locks, and destro is as boring as ever, but demonology is keeping me entertained and its still quite viable. Also have you tried BrM? I had a blast tanking on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

8 ish. I'm pretty sad that my friend group that I played with for the better part of 6 years now has fallen apart. Many quit and aren't coming back, many decided they are no longer raiding, some are raiding elsewhere.

But I'm always excited for new raid content, and so far WoD looks like it'll be great raiding wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 or 9. Can't wait to see Gladiator warriors in PVE
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    WoW has been streamlining the experience and changing features, stats, gear, spells, and classes for years, through multiple expansions. To act like this is something brand new, today, means it's someone just trying to crap on everyone's parade. They have no real opinion. They're just spouting off nonsense to get a rise out of people.
    They added more each expac. Skills, reforge, gems, glyphs. Each time more.
    This is only the second time they remove and this time its a big sweep of removals (first was the talent trees change)

on topic:
    3/10. That lame pre-event just killed any leftover hype for me. Also fuck the crybabies over wotlk/bc pre-event. May they never get the items they want.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2014-10-25 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    8/10 , the quest content seems very good and so do the raids so far.
    which are my main points of interrest.

Garrisons had me excited at first, but not as much anymore.
    i'm still looking forward to try them out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I expected more from ability pruning.
    Me too, some classes got pruned quite heavily (fury warrior), some classes got pruned even though they didn't really need it (guardian druid), while some classes I still cannot fit into 3 action bars... (not counting the 4th one for mounts / profs / hs / rez / flask etc. out of combat abilities), I downloaded dominos with a strong resolve I'm gonna change my binds and make a clean ui, some chars went smoothly, but some - nope.

Bear tank lost a tanking cooldown (might of ursoc) while on my monk I still can't find an efficient way to put all the abilities around... Shaman and DK are another of those I didn't expect how many buttons are actually left. DKs used to have half empty bars in WotLK and see where are we now.

Hunters got cut half of their rotation while now I need to find space for aspects because I lost my aspect bar. Why couldn't they just keep it, like the paladin seals?

Deleted
    8/10, still more hyped that I was for MoP. Seems there will be a lot of stuff to do outside of raiding/pvp which fits me perfectly.
    Only thing I am disappointed about is the lack of scenarios.. Have they said anything about adding scenarios in a later patch? I understood that they were quite a success in MoP right?
    Last edited by mmoc9725088499; 2014-10-25 at 10:16 PM.

Poll is biased this is a website that caters to wow players of course most people will vote they are dying to play the next expansion.

ive been playing since vanilla and i wasnt one of those people that got into aq40, did naxx heck my pc sucked i ran with onboard video in ironforge back when it was the only city with an AH and it took me 30 mins to get through town .

lol the years change here i am now on a high end machine enjoying wow still today but I just dont know lore wise I dont get this I dont understand how we are opening up this rift to another time/universe and have it not effect what is going on with the current state of affairs everyone has always assumed if you do something differently in the past that it affects the outcome of the future all time travel shows. movies make this perfectly clear.

so how is it that nothing impacts? garrosh was just lucky enough to go into an alternate timeline where everyone that matters didnt exist including himself so there was only one garrosh? big things happened by stopping the orcs from landing on azeroth that SHOULD impact current azeroth and im boggled how it doesnt.

garrisons? blizzards way of giving player housing but you have no home yourself so i laugh at it. its basically assassins creed meets wow you have your base you spruce up you have a special command where you can tell your assassins ... er followers to do some special ability that you can change in different zones.

they took the crafting system from swtor pretty much and WoW'ed it up putting in work orders, having your followers make your items for you, sending them off on missions and all that. the one cool thing was you could customize where you had it set up and then blizzard took that from players.

the new models? ive been waiting for this for YEARS and they finally do it only to rush through the majority of models so the new animations dont line up well with the model , create clipping or the emotes themselves reveal obvious flaws and half done work to the models. you think im joking log into a troll male with warpaint on his face and flex while you look at yourself.

the one thing they did right this expansion is make gear look different, i HATED raiding what is now mythic and seeing every other person looking JUST like me sure he may be red instead of gold or green but it made me feel alil dissapointed because myself I play to show off, do have things , do things others maybe cant get right now its why i played EQ because it had attunements and unique weapons, you could walk by a guy and check out his weapon and know he was hardcore because he had was a monk and had the only sword weapon in the game avail to the class because only one dropped and it was out of plane of time.

i LOVE that being mythic means my gear has more then a textural difference, I love that LFR isnt as detailed and has mediocre bonus set pieces, i think even giving them that is too much especially considering how easy its going to be to get into a normal (heroic) raid for people.

at the moment im about a 4 out of 10 honestly if there was something better to play I would but there hasnt been as bad as wow is its still the best

always been 7-8 ish on wow expansions. This one warrants a 4. But because so much else is coming out at the same time. Its an all time low 2 for me

I don't play WoW anymore... But WoD doesn't make me consider returning in the slightest. A few months ago I was pretty excited, almost to the point of thinking of returning, but then Blizz started cutting content (2 raid tiers in a supposedly full-blown xpac? No real capitals, since silly garrisons in Ashran the middle of nowhere don't count, especially after Blizz hyped up Karabor for Alliance capital...), which killed it for me. Add to that the continued dumbing down of the classes, which was one of the reasons I quit in the first place, and you get a whooping 0/10 excitement level. Reintroducing old heroes is not enough to bring old players (at least like myself) back, even more so seeing that they are all orcs.

I guess mythic raiding could be fun, but raiding is not all there is in WoW for me. IMO WoD is just not worth the price of a real expansion. There are so many players willing to pay that Blizzard doesn't care, I'm aware of that, but paying for a new box every year, as they have in store for us, in addition to paying sub for months of content drought, which I'm sure will still happen, is simply too much. If WoW wasn't so huge, Blizz would have had to switch to either free expansions + sub or B2P model years ago.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2014-10-25 at 11:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    Poll is biased this is a website that caters to wow players of course most people will vote they are dying to play the next expansion.
    Umm where else would you have this poll to be voted on.......maybe http://mailorderhusbands.net/love/order/ (btw are you the guy at the bottom of the page that's half price?), or some other random site like that where no Wow players would ever go (unless they are advertising themselves). Would that make the poll more accurate and less biased for you?
    Last edited by Silversorrow; 2014-10-25 at 11:59 PM.