Deleted

What's going on with Transmog changes?

Hello. I remember reading something about a change to transmog regarding pole arms. To my surprise you actually can transmog 2 handed swords to polearms. I googled for some information and also found out you can transmog staves. My warrior is now duel wielding two little wands.

Is this intended and when it was it added?

It's a bit stupid that I can transmog to a stupid wand, but I can't change my 2 Hander Demise into 1 Hander Slayer of the Lifeless
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2014-10-28 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors can't wield wands. Do you mean, like, small staffs? If so, yes, that is intended. All two-handed weapons can be transmogged to each other as of 6.0.

If you're actually transmogging to wands then that's almost certainly a bug since you're not supposed to be able to transmog to items that you can't equip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Warriors can't wield wands. Do you mean, like, small staffs? If so, yes, that is intended. All two-handed weapons can be transmogged to each other as of 6.0.

If you're actually transmogging to wands then that's almost certainly a bug since you're not supposed to be able to transmog to items that you can't equip.
    I meant changing to a staff that looks like a small wand. It's ridiculous I can change a 2 hander to that, but not change it to a 1 handed sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I meant changing to a staff that looks like a small wand. It's ridiculous I can change a 2 hander to that, but not change it to a 1 handed sword.
    It's probably just a limitation forced on the system because we're directly modifying what we have equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It's probably just a limitation forced on the system because we're directly modifying what we have equipped.
    This. The weapons can only be transmogged into the same classification; so 2-hs into other 2-hs, etc. I think that there was a blue post a while back that mentioned this as a limitation with the current system, so perhaps it is something that they could change down the road.

I'd just really like it if they would let Rogues transmog daggers to other one-handed weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Incuded View Post
    I'd just really like it if they would let Rogues transmog daggers to other one-handed weapons.
    Yeah, that one kind of escapes me.

I think the issue for rogues and daggers is that animations for some of the skills that require daggers don't have analogous animations for other weapons. Backstabbing with a mace just looks stupid!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    I think the issue for rogues and daggers is that animations for some of the skills that require daggers don't have analogous animations for other weapons. Backstabbing with a mace just looks stupid!
    I don't think it's an animation issue--Raging Blow used to use Mutilate's animation, which looked utterly ridiculous with two-handed weapons, but worked just fine mechanically. More likely they want to keep Assassination forced into daggers for thematic reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Which is completely negated by the weapon buffs on timeless isle, so that's debunked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Which is completely negated by the weapon buffs on timeless isle, so that's debunked.
    Yup. Something rogues have known for years, have brought to Blizzard at both BlizzCon's and the forums... and has continued to be either outright ignored or lied to directly every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Deleted
    Also you cannot mog swords into fist weapons..........really annoyed me when I finally got http://www.wowhead.com/item=29348

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Probs gonna change if they actually revamp the system in 6.1. Never understood why they were unable to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Also you cannot mog swords into fist weapons..........really annoyed me when I finally got http://www.wowhead.com/item=29348
    Is this still the case? With any two-hander being able to be mogged into any other two-hander now, it seems silly to still have this restriction in place.
    Then again, Blizzard doesn't give two shits about rogues, so it wouldn't surprise me terribly much.