Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Yes, I'm stupid because I don't think all police are scumbags waiting to shit down your neck. Lol.

How much weed do you smoke a day? Serious question.
    None actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    This thread needs to be changed to "Useless shitheads who want Big Brother"
    Or maybe "paranoid cunts who think everyone is out to get them".

Deleted
    Aside from the privacy issue, isn't this counter productive in the sense that people will not license their weapons properly?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unless you're hiding something illegal what's the issue

People that scream MY PRIVACY IS VIOLATED always make me immediately think they're shady
    Wow, another fucking tard.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2014-10-26 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Yeah, no, we're not that afraid of authorities over here, besides, as far as I'm aware in most of the EU having a small amount of Marijuana will net you a fine...at worst.

edit: also what rich said about court admissabillity.
    Yeah, basically if you have enough for a couple of joints, they'll confiscate it and give you a verbal warning.

Deleted
    if i owned a gun here still i wouldn't be worried, as long as you follow the regulations you agreed to, theres no problem. it will probably be a 10min visit of a guy checking you have it all stored correctly. if it is then they will be on their way.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason why gun homicides and accidental gun deaths are ridiculously low in the UK, and yet it's still legal for anyone to own one.

I predict 10+ pages of paranoid Americans pushing dystopic results.

Deleted
    Or maybe "paranoid cunts who think everyone is out to get them".
    Pretty much, the government can see my phone list, texts and emails as much they like.

Deleted
    Yes, I'm stupid because I don't think all police are scumbags waiting to shit down your neck. Lol.

How much weed do you smoke a day? Serious question.
    Too much obviously - that what happens when you buy a fedora at age 13 and smoke pot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Aside from the privacy issue, isn't this counter productive in the sense that people will not license their weapons properly?
    All firearms are licenced, you cannot purchase one without doing so. When you buy a gun it automatically gets registered to you, all private sales are done through a legit firearms dealer.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2014-10-26 at 05:21 PM.

How many gun owners in the US just leave them lying on a nightstand/under a pillow/in a drawer? How many kids have taken their parents' guns and gone a-shootin' or become an hero? Maybe the US could stand to benefit from gun owners actually having their security checked. Now there's a bit of an issue with young radicalised kids running off to join terrorist groups, and the potential that a parent of one such person could inadvertently be giving them easy access to a weapon.

Nobody's getting "harassed", they just wanna make sure you're being responsible about your gun storage to minimise risk. Also warrantless =/= unannounced. They'll still need a warrant to enter your home, they wont just be barging in like fauxnews makes it sound.
    Europeans always make it seem like its an endless shootout in America. Yeah guns under the pillow or nightstand for self defense. That's the main reason to own a gun. The others are for sport or collecting. Still it shouldn't be the government to make nanny inspections whenever they want. Imagine them walking in your house to make sure your're being a "Responsible" parent, or car owner.

Lol @ the government making sure your gun is unloaded. "Give me a couple minutes intruder. I need to unlock my gun, then the ammo, then load it."

It's easy to see how people like Hitler come to power with the nitwits in this thread all needing the government to check papers and homes.

Deleted
    Wow, another fucking tard.
    Actually got any arguments or are you just another fucking edgelord with a tinfoil hat?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    There's a reason why gun homicides and accidental gun deaths are ridiculously low in the UK, and yet it's still legal for anyone to own one.

I predict 10+ pages of paranoid Americans pushing dystopic results.
    Except over there it's a privilege, not a right.

So if one day the UK govt. was all like, "Fuck it, guys! Just get everyone's guns back here. No more guns for anyone!", they could do this. Try something like this in the US, and you'd see massive amounts of casualties because 2nd Amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The only change to the status quo is that the (annual?) check on how you are storing your firearm is no longer announced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    if i owned a gun here still i wouldn't be worried, as long as you follow the regulations you agreed to, theres no problem. it will probably be a 10min visit of a guy checking you have it all stored correctly. if it is then they will be on their way.
    Thats all it is, it is one guy that will count your guns, tug at the gunsafe to make sure it is not make out of balsawood then he is on his way. They won't be appearing in full teams with sniffer dogs and go through every room.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, basically if you have enough for a couple of joints, they'll confiscate it and give you a verbal warning.
    Admittedly far more corrupt police stories come out of the US than the UK, so you're going to have paranoid Americans thinking about this law in terms of how it would go down here. While you guys may have more strict laws there, you also have more laws that protect you from abuse by the law as well. We have both lax laws and lax protections, which means police can get away with doing shit.

Deleted
    I honestly can't believe people are this fucking naive and stupid.
    Listen here.
    The UK and the rest of the developed world have Firearm laws and they are a Privilege, not a Right.

Seeing that the US has lots of Gun Crimes compared to the rest of the developed world. You are the last people anyone, should take advice from regarding Weapon laws.

These inspections are nothing new. This is just a Right Wing American News Company and a American Gun Lobby making a Mountain out of a Mole Hill. You want to own a Firearm? Fine prove you are responsible and obey regulations. it is a Weapon and not a toy.

Want to skip all that? Move to the US.
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2014-10-26 at 05:25 PM.

Please government run our lives, check our phones!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Thats all it is, it is one guy that will count your guns, tug at the gunsafe to make sure it is not make out of balsawood then he is on his way. They won't be appearing in full teams with sniffer dogs and go through every room.
    Basically the same thing that happens when the guy comes around to read the gas or electricity meter.