Thread: install of wow

Deleted

Exclamation install of wow

well hi nice to met you all i am new here i use MMO-champion everyday

we got world of warcraft a few months back me and my girlfriend have been playing world of warcraft now we had a virus and heaps of bad luck so far we managed to undelete the data files or world of warcraft and have not being able to get into the game since it wants me to re-download 28 gigabytes we have tried scan and repair nothing seems to work we even had a copy maybe a month old it was a new external harddrive stil not working we even spent money to just grab the discs to reinstall in a emergency and just patch the game still nothing

how frustrating i cant even copy over a data folder from my girlfriends PC i copy it over replace everything with the same folders keep a backup go to the client select the folder where the game is installed now i have tried many places and it always wants me to re-download the entire game very annoyed

is there a solution to this or is buying the battlecheast now just a waste of money ??

would be intrested if you can indeed turn of this function can it be turned off ?
    can you still install the old way from dvd or cd??
    Last edited by mmoc015397a459; 2014-10-26 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    any dvds you buy will always be outdated, this is the nature of mmos, and pretty much most other games too nowadays.

You should be able to copy/paste wow folders between computers, as you as you copy it to the location where WOW is installed. try running wow from wow.exe directly instead of from the launcher, might help.

Installer updating is also not necessarily the same thing as the game updating.

And lastly, if downloading is aproblem for you, do it at the local libary or other free internet place.

Deleted

RE: Install Of WOW

you did say that copy wow folders to other drives was possible we have a hard drive full of old wow folders and the new ones in a folder we always keep it updated now recopy it to another PC the client dose scan and say sorry please download 28 gigs of new data folders i have gone on the forums of wow USA. wow forums EU and many people hate the client simply because you cant use the discs
    we even put in the external hard drive into our PC pretty much destroyed the whole folders luckily we had it on a another partition it was bad

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    any dvds you buy will always be outdated, this is the nature of mmos, and pretty much most other games too nowadays.

You should be able to copy/paste wow folders between computers, as you as you copy it to the location where WOW is installed. try running wow from wow.exe directly instead of from the launcher, might help.

Installer updating is also not necessarily the same thing as the game updating.

And lastly, if downloading is aproblem for you, do it at the local libary or other free internet place.