Deleted

Should there be Specializations within Specializations

So, the question and morale of this thread is; "Should Specializations Extend?"

So, by "Specialization Extending" I mean being able to chose a more glorified and unique path for each Spec. (Basically specializations within specializations)

For example, an Elemental Shaman could choose to master the Earth, Fire, Wind or Water - which would make the majority of their spells based on one road.

I don't like the way a Elemental Shaman is just an Elemental Shaman. Why can't it be more broad and unique, why can't be have more options and ultimately more fun?

What do you feel about this?

Mechanics wise no itd be too much to balance.
    visually it would be a good use of minor glyphs where for example you had a glyph for each of the four elements that give all your spells that element's appearance without changing the spells mechanically.
    priests are another one that could work like that. A glyph that changes shadow to holy would be an easy way to make a holy caster. Or switch it around for a dark healer.
    Also a glyph that changes hunters from a bow or gun to thrown weapons so we roleplay as troll headhunters or ne sentinels. You have no idea how disappointed I was when I first started playing in wow and discovered that throwing weapons werent that viable for my troll hunter. Yes I am aware of the glyph of headhunter but thats a melee classes one ranged skill as opposed to a ranged that specializes in throwing.
    Last edited by dki07; 2014-10-26 at 08:43 PM.

They should throw out glyphs since they became so dull anyway and expand upon something else that allows people to carve out a more unique playstyle.

I for example would adore the chance to compliment abilities of my choosing in a way that would make for an effective Mutilate Rogue Pvp build. Talents are so flawed it is not possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always go frost DK and decide whether you want to spam obliterate or Frost strike.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Blizzard has already given up on talent trees and axed Path of the Titans.
    Forget it.

Yo, I heard you like specializations, so we put specializations in your specializations, so you can be specialize while you specialize.

Shamans choosing to master water, and then having to choose whether they want freezing, boiling, or standard water. Boiling Chain Heal, I can see it now, burning people instead of healing them.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Forget it.
    Sad but true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think something like this would be excellent. I imagine that it would be tough to balance. But if, like a poster above me said, they made it a cosmetic thing, then I'd be all for it. So all your spells as a Fire Ele Shaman would appear as a Fire spells. That would be legit.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Forget it.
    Ah BC was the time for specializations within specializations. Remember the SL/SL lock build? Bliz will have none of that anymore.
    Allarise - lfgdating.com.
    In it for the mount hunting.

Nope, niet, nie, nein.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like them to add some depth to my character.

After this last patch, a handful of abilities and glyphs leaves me feeling stupid. Cookie cutter talent builds, and lack of feeling even relevant to the world anymore isn't something I've experienced on WoW before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalker View Post
    Ah BC was the time for specializations within specializations. Remember the SL/SL lock build? Bliz will have none of that anymore.
    It's sad how many people have to ask me "Why did you call your warlock Essellessell?"

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're kinda implementing it, in a way; see for example the level 100 talents for shadow priests, the rotation changes with each talent (and with just one talent, CoP, you can actually have different rotations). I personally think they will keep this trend in the next expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.