Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have a small question, if i get my weapon proc with 500 masteries, do i need to reapply my dots for them to be stronger ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    I have a small question, if i get my weapon proc with 500 masteries, do i need to reapply my dots for them to be stronger ?
    No, dots will benifit from your current stats not when you applied them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celionaria View Post
    Every sim in here has mastery as the best stat... most of those websites get their stat weights from math and math doesn't lie. I'd say if the top boomkins are doing it (paragon's boomkin for example) than its right and the sims that Xelvani was running aren't set up correctly since that seems way more likely then the big time boomkins not doing their research properly.
    we gonna have to agree to disagree on this one I still want to test things for myself and i'm convinced that mastery isn't the way to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmor View Post
    we gonna have to agree to disagree on this one I still want to test things for myself and i'm convinced that mastery isn't the way to go!
    I'd say go for it. If you can prove it without a shadow of a doubt than i'll tip my hat to you sir. My main issue with stacking crit (at least this early in an xpac) is that it seems very, very rng for your dps (think fire mages of old). If you get a string of non-crits than all that crit is essentially a wasted stat is it not? As opposed to mastery which is always having a positive effect on our dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celionaria View Post
    I'd say go for it. If you can prove it without a shadow of a doubt than i'll tip my hat to you sir. My main issue with stacking crit (at least this early in an xpac) is that it seems very, very rng for your dps (think fire mages of old). If you get a string of non-crits than all that crit is essentially a wasted stat is it not? As opposed to mastery which is always having a positive effect on our dps.
    What's your opinion on haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmor View Post
    What's your opinion on haste?
    I think its a good stat, but like it's been said in this thread already it has 0 effect on starfall, which is getting use on (correct me if I'm wrong) 6/7 highmaul boss fights and putting up a good percentage of your damage on said fights.

More haste means more DoT ticks, and that means more Starfalls (unless you already always have SFall available all the time you might want it).

Still, I'm willing to believe that Mastery does more for you in a Starfall-heavy fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdluf View Post
    More haste means more DoT ticks, and that means more Starfalls (unless you already always have SFall available all the time you might want it).

Still, I'm willing to believe that Mastery does more for you in a Starfall-heavy fight.
    Iirc they (Celestalon?) said that partial ticks don't trigger SS but if it ever becomes an issue they could revisit that decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Iirc they (Celestalon?) said that partial ticks don't trigger SS but if it ever becomes an issue they could revisit that decision.
    So we would need a but load of haste to get the full tick at the end for a 5 or 10% chance of a SS proc. Or am I wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceelion View Post
    So we would need a but load of haste to get the full tick at the end for a 5 or 10% chance of a SS proc. Or am I wrong.
    The partial tick only occurs in the scenario that the dot falls off. If you keep it on the target all the time, haste increases the frequency of full ticks (and thus the possibility to proc SS) without any breakpoints.

Deleted
    Hey there guys,
    I'm still confused how our opener should be?! I've seen several way to do it, but which one is the best?

-3sec - Incarnation
    -1,5sec - PrePot + Starsurge
    0 sec - CA + Moonfire
    go on with normal single target Rota

or

-4,5sec Incarnation + Prepot
    -3 sec Pre-Cast Starfire
    -0 sec CA+Moonfire
    +1,5 sec Starsurge
    go on with normal singe rota

or

-1,5 sec Pre pot + Incarnation
    0 sec CA Moonfire macro
    +1,5sex Starsurge
    Starfire ( Beserkering if troll)
    Starfire
    go on with normal Single Target Rota

Pleas help me out^^ I'm so confused

I would advise not using the 2nd opener. The reason you see different openers like #1 and #3 is due to the players haste level. The 3rd opener is used when adding an extra second to CA doesn't affect anything (you aren't finishing a starfire or anything along those lines.)
    The 1st opener is used when casting starsurge before CA allows you to get off that extra starfire cast.

Deleted
    Thx for the quick reply. So I would take Opener #1 oder #3 .. i think i can use #1 due to my haste level.

Deleted
    What do the stat weights look like if I want to include intelligence in them?

For my feral build I have agi included as well and I'm not sure how it would work if I leave out int, since an item with higher int is obviously superior and there might be cases in which I'd have to calculate whether I'd rather take a few points of int less/more over secondaries or not etc.

Quote Originally Posted by banano View Post
    What do the stat weights look like if I want to include intelligence in them?
    I believe intellect is about two times stronger than the best secondaries.

Hey guys, I have a simple question about rotation with the Euphoria talent.. When I'm in Solar Alignment and have 3 stacks of Solar Empowerment, my final Wrath gets finished while I am in Lunar Phase (= when the arrow is 70% on the left side). Same for when I'm in Lunar Alignment, with the cast time of Starfire being so long, I always end up finishing my last Starfire when the arrow is almost on the far right side.

Check this screenshot to see what I mean.

What rotation would you guys suggest: when in Lunar start casting Wrath right before the arrows crosses the middle or just cast Starfire even when it doesn't benefit from Lunar? In the screenshot you can also see that I have a Lunar Empowerment proc. What do I do with it? Use it on Starfire, even while being in Solar, or just start casting Wrath?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Hey guys, I have a simple question about rotation with the Euphoria talent.. When I'm in Solar Alignment and have 3 stacks of Solar Empowerment, my final Wrath gets finished while I am in Lunar Phase (= when the arrow is 70% on the left side). Same for when I'm in Lunar Alignment, with the cast time of Starfire being so long, I always end up finishing my last Starfire when the arrow is almost on the far right side.
    You can keep the charges until the next cycle, especially if you're running Euphoria .. you don't have to use your charges all at once

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    You can keep the charges until the next cycle, especially if you're running Euphoria .. you don't have to use your charges all at once
    Thanks for the answer. So should I start casting Wrath right before I change alignments (= when the arrow crosses the middle) or should I finish that one Starfire even if this means I'll be in Solar (= when the arrow has almost reached the far right) when my cast finishes?

I'm honestely a bit confused about the whole alignment thing

For example, does Wrath benefit from Solar alignment regardless of the direction the arrow progresses or does it only benefit from Solar alignment when it progresses from right to left? If it benefits from Solar alignment the moment it crosses the middle (the white line in the screenshot), does this mean I should immediately start casting Wrath the moment I cross that line?

Thank you so much!

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I'm honestely a bit confused about the whole alignment thing
    Check the sine graphs at the start of this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    Check the sine graphs at the start of this guide.
    Mhh, I'm not so mathematically inclined, so the graph doesn't really answer the question for me. But big thanks for the link, it gave me some other vlauable insights. Asked the question there as well.