Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by krisbi View Post
    Hey guys, can I get coaching. This is me in LFR, but I still lose on DPS comparing to equally geared boomkin in my guild... I can't find my mistake. Can I get some input??

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIkfJQaOo2c

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...risby/advanced
    well the first thing i did see you used your CDs befor the fight even started. then when you are close to go from solar to lunar cast SF instead of wrath.

Deleted
    That's what I noticed:

Remove C.A. and Incarnation from the same macro, incarnation has a gcd and it makes you lose a second of C.A's buff(which doesn't share icd with any other spell).

You do some unnecessary movement and I noticed you refreshed dots on wrong moments(for example when you had 35 secs left on moonfire you wastead a gcd simply because you thought that 1 moonfire with lunar peak makes it a dps boost)..

Last thing I noticed is that the second time you used Shards of Nothing, it wasn't with 3 minutes cds(which is what you should do, wait till you get them back and use them all at the same time).

Oh and you can definitely improve with starsurge's usage, you sometimes use it on really low energy etc..
    Last edited by mmoce758d016cd; 2015-01-27 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    well the first thing i did see you used your CDs befor the fight even started. then when you are close to go from solar to lunar cast SF instead of wrath.
    i used CDs because there is no pull timer in lfr... in raids I use it 2 sec before... thanks for feedback

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    That's what I noticed:

Remove C.A. and Incarnation from the same macro, incarnation has a gcd and it makes you lose a second of C.A's buff(which doesn't share icd with any other spell).

You do some unnecessary movement and I noticed you refreshed dots on wrong moments(for example when you had 35 secs left on moonfire you wastead a gcd simply because you thought that 1 moonfire with lunar peak makes it a dps boost)..

Last thing I noticed is that the second time you used Shards of Nothing, it wasn't with 3 minutes cds(which is what you should do, wait till you get them back and use them all at the same time).

Oh and you can definitely improve with starsurge's usage, you sometimes use it on really low energy etc..
    yeah... on this short a fight I should have saved trinket... as for starsurges, that is definatly something i need to work on, usig them on high energy.. .thx for feedback

Deleted
    Hi, thanks for the guide btw sleeper surprise gives 100 mastery you maybe want to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    So, any thoughts on the new "alchemy trinket"

how does this stand up against the alternatives in BRF *** this *** that *** and ***
    think the stage 4 proc equals to like 360 something static int, so with 200 something mastery it's going to be weaker than the mythic/heroic BRF trinkets, but where it will shine and why people used the blue alch trinket and then conquest one is that the uptime is relatively high enough to always have that huge boost in int when there's an add that needs to be bursted down or adds just need to be dealt with, or there's a damage increase factor that can be gamed in a fight.

So I'm going to use it on add heavy fights pretty much, with the haste proc trinket from BRF or the multi DFO style trinket. For ST I'll be using the crit and haste proc trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by randytaylor View Post
    think the stage 4 proc equals to like 360 something static int, so with 200 something mastery it's going to be weaker than the mythic/heroic BRF trinkets, but where it will shine and why people used the blue alch trinket and then conquest one is that the uptime is relatively high enough to always have that huge boost in int when there's an add that needs to be bursted down or adds just need to be dealt with, or there's a damage increase factor that can be gamed in a fight.

So I'm going to use it on add heavy fights pretty much, with the haste proc trinket from BRF or the multi DFO style trinket. For ST I'll be using the crit and haste proc trinkets.
    well the alchey trinket is noe ver+int proc. so im not sure its that good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    well the alchey trinket is noe ver+int proc. so im not sure its that good
    Yeah, it's wicked crappy now. Vers is our least desirable secondary.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help with a couple of things.

After going through this thread, I think that my starsurge usage is incorrect. What I am currently doing after the opener is using starsurges leaving lunar as well as solar. This leaves me with empowered starfires and wraths on the way up. Starfires will usually land about 50% and 100% lunar and wraths will land about 30% - 60% -100% on the way up to respective eclipses. I don't prioritize empowered starfires over wraths and try to get them both evenly.
    My main questions are:
    1. Is it better to use starsurges on the way up to an eclipse at 0-20 lunar/solar?
    2. Do you save or prioritize your charges to only get empowered starfires ?

The rotation currently feels awkward to me because I am just confused with certain things. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time!

Here's a video of myself on H Imperator. I made plenty of mistakes but you can see my general rotation. My druid is Rosalina.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcqHSwLtN0g

logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FqAVjCz8NhbX2kQR

Quote Originally Posted by Jikunpao View Post

After going through this thread, I think that my starsurge usage is incorrect. What I am currently doing after the opener is using starsurges leaving lunar as well as solar. This leaves me with empowered starfires and wraths on the way up. Starfires will usually land about 50% and 100% lunar and wraths will land about 30% - 60% -100% on the way up to respective eclipses. I don't prioritize empowered starfires over wraths and try to get them both evenly.
    My main questions are:
    1. Is it better to use starsurges on the way up to an eclipse at 0-20 lunar/solar?

The rotation currently feels awkward to me because I am just confused with certain things. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time!

Here's a video of myself on H Imperator. I made plenty of mistakes but you can see my general rotation. My druid is Rosalina.

logs:
    I should start dying to get a 3rd pot in. #mythicstrats
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    I should start dying to get a 3rd pot in. #mythicstrats
    It's a legitimate strategy when you consider getting a second Heroism/Bloodlust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jikunpao View Post

My main questions are:

logs:
    1. Yes it is, you land your spells closer to the eclipse peak

2. Personally i don't with euphoria, someone might as it's theoretically a dps gain if you happen to get a serious dry season. I only hold charges for upcoming AoE

To add:

You refresh your dots way too early, you shouldn't replace them at the peak, but instead slightly after the peak when the peak buff is about to run out

You sometimes clip your empowerment because you have a fixed point where you like to cast SS, this is a big nono

You swap to starfire too late, but i think this is more due to how you like to cast your starsurges. You also do this sometimes with swapping to wrath

If your target doesn't have the corresponding dot up you should cast it immediately instead of waiting for the peak

You should add something that tracks your CA duration, so that you can more closely evaluate your casts during it.

Remember that starfall is better than SS with 2+ targets that live for more than 10 seconds.

If you are in CA and you have 3 charges you should use 1 charge on SS even if it's a sub optimal choice compared to Starfall, as you can't dump your charges on starfall fast enough if you proc more.

To add to the previous, the same applies to out of CA as well, if you have a high priority target up.

You should never stop casts, especially wraths, unless you need to move for a boss mechanic (mines for example)

With our new set bonuses what will they do to our stat allocations? Is haste still going to be shit on fights with more than one target?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    With our new set bonuses what will they do to our stat allocations? Is haste still going to be shit on fights with more than one target?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-and-BIS-Lists

Haste isn't that bad as you imply(i mean its certainly not versatility bad), even with tier bonuses, check the linked thread.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-02-05 at 08:55 PM.

Rotational question with Euphoria

As solar is winding down and about to hit lunar, whats the proper spell priority assuming dots are refreshed? Do I:

1) Continue casting wraths until I hit 0-10 Lunar, then SS, SF, SF
    2) Cast SF when solar energy is low 10-30 so that SF lands in Lunar, then SS, SF, SF

Having a hard time judging where spells will land around the transition point. Sometimes at very low solar I just wait for the transition into Lunar, then SS. Guessing this is a fairly significant dps loss...sometimes I fill it with another dot refresh even though I dont need it.

I'm simming at 26k patchwork, but only hitting 21-22k on butcher with ilvl 662 (645 staff). Going to capture some logs next run.

Quote Originally Posted by itchy View Post

As solar is winding down and about to hit lunar, whats the proper spell priority assuming dots are refreshed? Do I:

1) Continue casting wraths until I hit 0-10 Lunar, then SS, SF, SF
    2) Cast SF when solar energy is low 10-30 so that SF lands in Lunar, then SS, SF, SF

Having a hard time judging where spells will land around the transition point. Sometimes at very low solar I just wait for the transition into Lunar, then SS. Guessing this is a fairly significant dps loss...sometimes I fill it with another dot refresh even though I dont need it.

I'm simming at 26k patchwork, but only hitting 21-22k on butcher with ilvl 662 (645 staff). Going to capture some logs next run.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Bno/edit#gid=0

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that spread sheet. Did you make it?

Having a hard time judging where spells will land around the transition point.
    I find this hard too. Lappees spreadsheet is great to find the transition points, but they vary according to Haste (thus affected by Hero/Shard), and I think it's not so much about switching from Wrath to Starfire at the point where you will maximise the value of the next cast, but more about getting the timing for the next Starsurge and empowered casts nicely around peak.

I was in the process of making tellmewhens showing me the timings for all possible haste values, but scrapped the idea.

For the Solar to Lunar transition I think it's usually best to start cast Starfire at an early enough stage to use its cast to transition the low-eclipse mid part, and arrive in Lunar at a suitable point for going directly into Starsurge->2x Empowered Starfire. Arrive too early and Starsurge will be cast with low eclipse bonus, arrive too late and the second Starfire will be cast beyond the peak. I believe this makes it better to refresh Sunfire early, whereas Moonfire you can perhaps wait till the last possible moment the peak buff is up.

It's less clear for me when to transition when going from Lunar to Solar. And it all depends on your current number of Starsurge charges, off course. I frequently dump charges as the last cast in an eclipse.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2015-02-06 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disinvolto View Post
    I love that spread sheet. Did you make it?
    Yes, yes I did.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Yes, yes I did.
    Teach me how to use it?

Teach me how to use it?
    Set in your stats + buffs/talents that you want

Then you can use either of the two ways to calculate, using time or using eclipse position as Lunar position. They both do the same thing, its just whichever you prefer.

Then you'll see the SP/second values of the spells w/ and w/o empowerments. The spell with higher SP/second is better to cast at that point (purely checking only that spell) StFl initial damage is remnants from Beta when it actually was a contender.

Edit: forgot to say that when using Lunar position as determining where on the eclipse bar it is, you need to also tell the spreadsheet which way eclipse is going (towards which peak). Also keep in mind that the absolute peak using lunar position is +-105 while ingame you the cap is 100 (which gives the illusion of sin wave pausing at peaks)
    Last edited by lappee; 2015-02-07 at 08:42 AM.