Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Is it worthwhile to use the 4pc over something that has higher mode gear +2pc (ex: 4p hc + offpiece myth vs 2p hc + 3offpiece myth) because I have trouble understanding why you'd want to desync your Incarnation and CA, especially on a short fight.
    From my understanding / exp. so far, due to each cast reducing the CD on CA, it doesn't necessarily de-sync it if you do it right, it just gives you an extra CA basically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disinvolto View Post
    From my understanding / exp. so far, due to each cast reducing the CD on CA, it doesn't necessarily de-sync it if you do it right, it just gives you an extra CA basically.
    yuh, if you follow your standard single target rotation you will always get the second ca pre 1 min 30 seconds mark. Assuming that you can get the casts off of course

10+ Year Old Account
    You need 30 casts of starfire or wrath to make it a 1.5m CD.

I made a weak aura that helped me keep track of this if anyone is interested.

Basically, it counts the number of wrath and starfires you do on the 2nd line, as well as tell you total time you reduced on your CA. on the 3rd line it shows your remaining CA time. the counter and time reduced reset when you cast CA.

http://pastebin.com/gUy1wkdf

Deleted
    Hey guys, just wondering... is it worth to drop 2 itemlevel to have 4p instead of 2p set?
    I would drop 2 685 items for 2 665. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering... is it worth to drop 2 itemlevel to have 4p instead of 2p set?
    I would drop 2 685 items for 2 665. Thank you!
    Complete anecdote but I did and I saw an increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyito View Post
    You need 30 casts of starfire or wrath to make it a 1.5m CD.

I made a weak aura that helped me keep track of this if anyone is interested.

Basically, it counts the number of wrath and starfires you do on the 2nd line, as well as tell you total time you reduced on your CA. on the 3rd line it shows your remaining CA time. the counter and time reduced reset when you cast CA.

http://pastebin.com/gUy1wkdf
    Looks good! Will give it a try tonight. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Looks good! Will give it a try tonight. Thanks!
    I don't actually have 4pc yet, I more made it for our main Boomkin in our raid. Please let me know if you have any improvements to how it looks or if you want it to say / do something different.

I don't actually have 4pc yet, I more made it for our main Boomkin in our raid. Please let me know if you have any improvements to how it looks or if you want it to say / do something different.
    By 1.5 you mean 1 and a half (30sec) right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    By 1.5 you mean 1 and a half (30sec) right?
    Yea, 1.5m = 60s + 30s = 90s.

Yea, 1.5m = 60s + 30s = 90s.
    Yeah wasn't sure if you meant 1 and a half or 1min 50sec :P

Looks good. Although I had to cast about 38 casts to get CA to reset on half Inc cd., not 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    That can't be right. You get 3s reduction per cast, so 3s*30=90s

- - - Updated - - -

Question about stellar flare: The dot updates dynamically with Eclipse state, correct?

Someone was feeding some BS about it snapshotting which I'm pretty sure is wrong. The only thing that 'snapshots' for us now is any direct damage.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Question about stellar flare: The dot updates dynamically with Eclipse state, correct?

Someone was feeding some BS about it snapshotting which I'm pretty sure is wrong. The only thing that 'snapshots' for us now is any direct damage.
    You are correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Is it worthwhile to use the 4pc over something that has higher mode gear +2pc (ex: 4p hc + offpiece myth vs 2p hc + 3offpiece myth) because I have trouble understanding why you'd want to desync your Incarnation and CA, especially on a short fight.
    The 4-piece doesn't really desynch Inc and CA. If you use CA right away (within it's first round to Lunar anyway) it'll be back up the same time as Inc.

Inc = 180s CD
    CA = (180s-3s*wrath*starfire casts) CD which is generally <90s

If you feel you have to much movement in a fight, run SOTF

Quote Originally Posted by Saga1234 View Post
    You are correct.
    Hes not though.

Direct damage doesnt "snapshot". Direct damage spells will deal damage based on eclipse position when the cast finishes, "snapshotting" would be dealing damage based on when the cast starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Hes not though.

Direct damage doesnt "snapshot". Direct damage spells will deal damage based on eclipse position when the cast finishes, "snapshotting" would be dealing damage based on when the cast starts.

Thats a very technical use of it, which I don't think is correct.

Let's look at Unstable Affliction back before 6.0. Did that snapshot when you started casting?

Regardless, I think most people have the common sense to know the calculations happen at the end of a cast, which is the same with any instant spell. The only difference is that the start and end of a cast happen at the same time
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2015-03-01 at 02:21 PM.

Thats a very technical use of it, which I don't think is correct.

Let's look at Unstable Affliction back before 6.0. Did that snapshot when you started casting?

Regardless, I think most people have the common sense to know the calculations happen at the end of a cast, which is the same with any instant spell. The only difference is that the start and end of a cast happen at the same time
    Its a very technical use of it hence the quotation marks. You just tried to use it in a wrong way, basically you said that our casts "snapshot" the eclipse energy when the cast starts.

I've had many people asking me how casts work with eclipse power so its safe to say its not as common sense as it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never stated in any post that it happens at the start of the cast, nor even implied it.

I never stated in any post that it happens at the start of the cast, nor even implied it.
    Saying direct damage casts "snapshot" implies it

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe to someone who thinks the absurd notion that stuff happens at the start of a cast and not on the damage event, which neither of us are. I also never said the "cast" snapshots. I said the "direct damage" snapshots.

I truly cannot belive this is a conversation because it's such common sense. Anyone who thinks or doesn't know otherwise was not someone I was trying to get an answer from.

Just because someone who is ignorant of such things might think I implied that, doesn't mean it's what I said or implied. People's definition of a word can be different, but in this case is common sense that escapes them, probably from a lack of experience.

Regardless. I understand nothing happens at the start of a cast other than the start of a cast. I already knew that any "snapshotting" happens right before the damage event happens (at the end of the cast)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffytoy View Post

If you feel you have to much movement in a fight, run SOTF
    If there is that much movement in a fight where you can't get 30 casts off to get the CD low enough, then it's probably a multi target fight with a lot of things to look out for where SotF would be useless.
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2015-03-01 at 03:22 PM.

I know that you know how it works, Im just making sure no1 gets any wrong impressions as this thread is directed to persons who dont have that much knowledge or "common sense"

Snapshotting is just a wrong word to start with when talking about direct damage and can only lead to misinterpretations like what I described.

So i was lucky to get Mythic WF shards of nothing today. So im wondering how is it best to use with 4set, CA and INC?