Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDFreaK View Post
    Which lvl 100 talent is best? I've tried balance of power and it seems ok enough. Euphoria is awkward though the power bar moves really fast by the time I finish a cast I'm in the other Eclipse hehe.
    Euphoria is best for nearly all circumstances (possibly subject to change in 6.2) Balance of Power is strong in 3+ target sustained cleave, even though Stellar Flare is stronger than BoP on paper, BoP is easier to manage thus being the superior alternative.

Learn to play with euphoria, switch to BoP on bosses that you feel like it will be strong on, if you don't know for certain you can always come ask here or simply use euphoria, because it's not that far behind.

Stellar flare is never worth it I thought? It has never seen a real buff to make it worthy.. which is sad because I liked it focusing us more in a heavy dot role.

Euphoria is generally the best talent, it's pure single target though. BoP is great for aoe.

TBH, if you use euphoria a lot, you'll get used to the pacing of the eclipse, and BoP will eventually feel worse... I used to swear by BoP, now I just can't got back to the slow eclipse cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Stellar flare is never worth it I thought? It has never seen a real buff to make it worthy.. which is sad because I liked it focusing us more in a heavy dot role.

Euphoria is generally the best talent, it's pure single target though. BoP is great for aoe.

TBH, if you use euphoria a lot, you'll get used to the pacing of the eclipse, and BoP will eventually feel worse... I used to swear by BoP, now I just can't got back to the slow eclipse cycle.
    Stellar flare is bis on sustained 3-5 target cleave by quite a large margin, the interference with 4set and the overall clunky feel of the rotation make it quite a bit harder to min max thus leading the realistic results mostly showcasing dps loss.

TLDR: if you can't min max StFL correctly BoP is better because players tend to derp

First time I heard that.. Looking at rankings for aoe fights i've seen very little stellar flare, theres like 1 log from maidens.

Deleted
    First time I heard that.. Looking at rankings for aoe fights i've seen very little stellar flare, theres like 1 log from maidens.
    yeah, due to the impracticality of StFL it's only really usable on iron maidens in this tier, and even there the dps disparity between BoP and StFL should be much higher to justify StFL as the default pick for that fight. Especially when we consider how much RNG variance our dps contains, it's not really a surprise that people opt out for the much easier version when the dps that you see on your meters is the factor which decides what talent you will use.

Will see how 6.2 pans out regarding StFL, will be interesting to see if blizzard chooses to buff it even more to point out that "we designed this and want you to use it" or will they just simply give up with it. It's really a shame because StFL has one of the more interesting rotations for us, even though it just adds one extra dot.

I don't think Stellar Flare has anything coming to it next patch, it wouldve been adressed already on the PTR. At any rate, I'll give it a try on maidens for kicks.. then again I'm so lazy I always use Euphoria no matter the fight... so it won't be hard to beat :P
    Last edited by Dreyen; 2015-05-19 at 11:57 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanting to clarify something in regards to Starfall usage, progressing on Maidens at the moment, when all three are present Starfall > SS and when 2 are present SS > Starfall unless headed into Lunar and then Starfall > SS correct, did a quick search in this thread and nothing overly conclusive came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekusar View Post
    Just wanting to clarify something in regards to Starfall usage, progressing on Maidens at the moment, when all three are present Starfall > SS and when 2 are present SS > Starfall unless headed into Lunar and then Starfall > SS correct, did a quick search in this thread and nothing overly conclusive came up.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...uOk/edit#gid=0

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man, had the Starfire Eclipse spreadsheet, thought there was another, much appreciated.
    Last edited by Nekusar; 2015-05-22 at 05:38 AM.

Quick question, I have all 3 trinkets, Goren Soul, Darmacs and Micro Crucible (switching between Darmacs and Crucible depending on Single or Multi target fights).
    Micro Crucible is socketed though, which gives me an additional 50 mastery. Would that make it better than Darmacs for single target aswell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Quick question, I have all 3 trinkets, Goren Soul, Darmacs and Micro Crucible (switching between Darmacs and Crucible depending on Single or Multi target fights).
    Micro Crucible is socketed though, which gives me an additional 50 mastery. Would that make it better than Darmacs for single target aswell?
    my guess is it won't, would be more interesting if it were WF, you can check your sims with both trinkets if you want more accurate answers.

Hello, I have a question regarding weapons in BRF. I got both the Blackhand staff and the Gruul staff (both HC) and I was under the impression that Blackhand would be better however I sim lower using it rather then the Gruul staff. I know sims aren't 100% accurate but I would also appriciate your thoughts on this. Which weapon would you say gives the best results overall (aoe and single target)?

Generally Gruul's, heavier focus on mastery.

Blackhand's is better. Crit is better than haste single target by a small margin, and crit is better than haste by a large margin on aoe since haste doesn't benefit starfall.

Deleted
    Blackhand's is better. Crit is better than haste single target by a small margin, and crit is better than haste by a large margin on aoe since haste doesn't benefit starfall.
    no they are both good. in different situations. one for single other for aoe.

keep in mind grull staff gives way more mastery as well.

Blackhand's is better. Crit is better than haste single target by a small margin
    That is not necessarily true. Value of stats is always relative to one's current gear. You should sim it yourself. Regardless, both weapons are good.

I tried out boomkin for the first time last night after 3 expansions of being feral. holy shit I had a blast! Im getting a hang of it for the most part . Im currently using BoP to get a flow for the rotation euphoria is supposed to be best talent but bop helps me focus more on mechanics as a boomkin for the time being. A few questions Id like to get clarified, not sure if i understand some of the information in the thread.

CA is best when locked in on lunar? (lunar empowered starsurge procs)
    With 4pc is it worth to toss the rotation out the window and wrath to have CA up for a high priority situation? (bursting a target)
    When aoeing I know you starfall in lunar but when you go out of lunar and still have targets alive and still have a stack or 2 of starfall should i use 1 while in solar then my last in lunar? My reasoning is to not cap out at 3 stacks.
    Im pretty sure if you are moving you just spam moonfire or stunfire, or use your starsurge procs regardless of lunar or solar, ideally lunar.

Thank you
    Last edited by idunnowatdo; 2015-05-30 at 06:47 PM.

CA in best in lunar because using starsurge during CA will use your current eclipse position to decide if you get wrath or starfire empowerments. Starfire does a decent chunk more dps than wrath so you want to get the starfire empowerment.

4pc you can keep at your rotation like usual, you should be able to use a CA every 1.5min which means you'll want to line up every other CA with incarnation, so don't bother spamming wrath... even if you do I feel like it does a negligible diference since euphoria speeds up your casts.

For aoe, starfall can be kept up pretty much 100% of the time with very little exceptions, just recast it whenever it goes down (preferably 1sec before it does, you can refresh it if the duration is sub 1sec) Starfall is only worth using in lunar for 2 targets however, and all the time for 3 targets. The 2 target priority varies on gear a bit but it's safe to assume so.

For movement, you want to move as little as possible, but if you can time your dot refresh with movement or starsurge empowers it's best, you don't want to overwrite empowerments if possible. Otherwise just spam dots away, if you can try to refresh all your dots right away so you dont have to do so when your standing still.

For aoe, starfall can be kept up pretty much 100% of the time with very little exceptions, just recast it whenever it goes down (preferably 1sec before it does, you can refresh it if the duration is sub 1sec)
    Actually, you can't. Starfall has a 10s CD in addition to the charge mechanic, so you can't recast it until it would run out anyway. Spell queuing just makes it look like you can.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, you can't. Starfall has a 10s CD in addition to the charge mechanic, so you can't recast it until it would run out anyway. Spell queuing just makes it look like you can.
    well i understood what he meant for the situation i stated. where you cast it, you have the buff and stars are falling, and you still have charges. in that instance i can see high uptime. pew pew pew pew!

thank you all for the input it is much appreciated for a baby chicken cheers
    Last edited by idunnowatdo; 2015-05-31 at 03:20 PM.