About the Ebola 21 Day RULE

This is for everyone who believes that Americans who have returned from West African, and should not be quarantined for 21 days. You, are, retarded. You are also clearly a huge Lib. Ebola has been around for quite some time, and the West Africans discovered that it takes 21 days before one can be cleared of not having Ebola. These people go to West Africa, leaving everything behind with the possibility of acquiring a disease that leads to their death, yet they can't be quarantined for another 21 days to ensure American safety. If you believe they should be allowed to walk freely, like the doctor in NYC or the nurse who landed in Newark, the airport I drive by Monday through Thursday, you are a fucking lib and a fucking retard. Hell, Governor Christie, the man so many of us in New Jersey dislike, has taken action that everyone loves. What is that you ask, QUARANTINING ANYONE THAT RETURNS FROM AFRICA FOR 21 DAYS EVEN IF THEY DO NOT SHOW ANY SYMPTOMS OF EBOLA, BECAUSE THAT IS HOW LONG IT TAKES BEFORE YOU ARE CLEARED OF NOT HAVING EBOLA. WORRY ABOUT AMERICAN SAFETY FOR ONCE.

PST - Republican, but I guess you knew that already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before this is locked let me just say that this is not a liberal or conservative issue. The fact you are making it one is rather unfortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... but. MUH FREEDOMS! I shouldn't have to be stuck in my house for a month! It's unconstitutional! I did nothing wrong!

No but seriously we have to be careful. Ebola is deadly. This isn't a case of fear mongering. But the media isn't helping.

Forced incarceration for people who have broken no law. Aren't you cons always crying about dystopia governments?

See, we can both be obnoxiously douchey.

Deleted
    your post format gave me cancer.

7+ Year Old Account
    That post count though, rip in pieces op.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Let's not confuse quarantine with actual incarceration please.

If I were someone forced to stay in a room or my house for 3 weeks I'd get over it and accept that it's a measure to protect the public's health. No reason to tempt fate with a deadly disease just because you want to go riding a bike.
    Restricting the right of free movement is incarceration. I'm not saying it's not justified when public health concerns arise but let's not call it something prettier sounding so we don't feel bad.

Look at the diseases that cause the majority of death in Africa. If you scroll way down near the bottom youll see ebola.... Diabetes and heart diseases are some of the largest killers over there and turns out... it is here as well.... Feel free to take your bio-hazard mask off your mouth just dont stuff a cheese burger in it when youre done. You'll be fine...

15+ Year Old Account
    And if their blood has been tested and they're free of the virus? What then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, using "lib" as an insult. Charming. That's a great way to make sure your opinion is heard.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Heh, using "lib" as an insult. Charming. That's a great way to make sure your opinion is heard.
    In some way he's right tho. Your freedom =/= everyone's else safety. While you have done nothing wrong, you should just stick with it in this case. That's why you don't go to jail. You stay at home watching TV, being on the internet and relaxing until you are declared healthy.

Crazy how the small government "republicans" want BIG GOVERNMENT quarantine mandates. How's that freedom tasting? Such fucking hypocrisy and fear mongering at it's finest on display by Right wing loons.

More people gonna die tomorrow from guns in the US than will die from Ebola probably ever, yet DONT FUCKING TOUCH MY GUN RIGHTS.... win...

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    And if their blood has been tested and they're free of the virus? What then?
    It appears she hasn't taken a blood test from an article I read earlier today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitw2636 View Post
    It appears she hasn't taken a blood test from an article I read earlier today.
    Which article? cause most mainstream media is reporting she had 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Let's not confuse quarantine with actual incarceration please.
    When there is no public state of emergency and they're not testing positive for the virus its not quarantine. Its just knee jerk incarceration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    In some way he's right tho. Your freedom =/= everyone's else safety.
    Good, so you're against the quarantine then?

Actual doctors will tell you "This is a stupid idea".

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/infect...ry?id=26465651

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Which article? cause most mainstream media is reporting she had 2.
    You are right, I didn't really read it correctly, kind of misleading. ABC News article, won't let me put in link.

This sentence confused me:
    Earlier today, LePage indicated to ABC News that he would abandon his demand that Hickox remain under quarantine if she would agree to take a blood test for the lethal virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there is no point to this thread.

Closing.