Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Good. The less of a factor gear disparity is in pvp, the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    I personally think PvE gear should dominate PvP gear in dungeons and raids, but PvP gear should dominate PvE gear in the open world, battlegrounds, and arenas.

I just hope that "tertiary" statistics on PvP doesn't mean it'll be random, I don't want any "chance" involved when obtaining PvP gear. Raiding's already random enough, and close to Diablo as far as gearing is concerned...
    They're slowly nudging towards it already, but 2 entirely different damage models really are needed for the game types

Deleted
    So basically, we have next to no choices to make with our PVP gear?

No reforging, no gems, reduced enchants, no professions to consider, and even Garrisons will have next to no effect on our gear.

Although I think WoD is going in the right direction, the above is certainly a huge step in the wrong direction imo.

I want the option of creating different 'builds' for my toons to try out and play with

I too agree that it's kinda lame to take away gear customization like that.

It wasn't some great fun mechanic by any stretch of imagination, but doing stuff like having one helmet with pvp-meta for increased survival and another with int+crit%bonus for better healing, or reforging to max out on useful stats depending on comp you play, was another (albeit shallow) layer of depth to the game.

That being said, it's also good not to have to worry about this stuff + it seems we have more off-piece options (Ashran reputation off-pieces!) now, so maybe we'll have more customization than we expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Actually what will any profession be good for?
    ─────────███─────────
    ─────────█$█─────────
    ─────█████$██████────
    ───███████$████████──
    ──████████$████████──
    ─█████████$████████──
    ─███████─█$█──████───
    ─███████─█$█─────────
    ─█████████$█─────────
    ─█████████$█████─────
    ──████████$███████───
    ────██████$█████████─
    ───────███$█████████─
    ─────────█$█─████████
    ─────────█$█──███████
    ──████───█$█──███████
    ─█████████$█████████─
    ██████████$█████████─
    ─█████████$████████──
    ───███████$██████────
    ─────────█$█─────────
    ─────────███─────────

In other words, exactly what they're best for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLedge View Post
    So basically, we have next to no choices to make with our PVP gear?

No reforging, no gems, reduced enchants, no professions to consider, and even Garrisons will have next to no effect on our gear.

Although I think WoD is going in the right direction, the above is certainly a huge step in the wrong direction imo.

I want the option of creating different 'builds' for my toons to try out and play with
    Enchants are far more diverse and powerful in WoD; you can choose any stat you want. There are also (as always) multiple versions of certain PVP items with different stats.

On the whole you aren't really loosing much customization, it's just all been consolidated into enchants and gear choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Enchants are far more diverse and powerful in WoD; you can choose any stat you want. There are also (as always) multiple versions of certain PVP items with different stats.

On the whole you aren't really loosing much customization, it's just all been consolidated into enchants and gear choice.
    That's good news, but what about the main sets? Will they have multiple versions as well? After all the main set provides the highest stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    What will JC be good for, I keep wondering. Actually what will any profession be good for? Just making gear that is replaced by pve/pvp anyway?
    all crafting professions can make raid gear even upgrade them as well along various toys and effects like mounts, pets, special mogg gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    all crafting professions can make raid gear even upgrade them as well along various toys and effects like mounts, pets, special mogg gear.
    Nice with the raid gear. That at least gives it an incentive to have still (apart from the trivial stuff).

Great news that we won't be losing customization then. Sad day for the JCs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    I like it. Less mandatory stuff to do when you acquire gear. Less if-then-but-maybe crap when it comes to balancing. Better pve-pvp gear separation (I personally dislike that, but I can see why they would do it).

Overall a good change probably. Though might hurt the JC's pocket a bit.

There won't be gems. You'll be customizing stat builds just by buying different pieces of gear, some may even sacrifice 4sets just to get a little extra haste or something similar. Though I do think it makes it quite boring to not have tertiary stats on PvP gear, it bogs down the RPG aspect of the game to not have customization for the sake of equality in competition.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Overall a good change probably. Though might hurt the JC's pocket a bit.
    at first glance, but active jc'rs will make bank selling rings and ring uprades since you can't get better upgrades then what the max upgrade ring will be for at least a month, along with you know getting 2 of them.

Although I dislike the limited customization options for specing, healers can't tweak their spirit/ survability options, specs like shadow can play very different from crit to mastery stacking. But time will tell.

I actually like it better without gems + reforging.

The downside however is if you want to change specs you'll likely need different gear for all your off pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    at first glance, but active jc'rs will make bank selling rings and ring uprades since you can't get better upgrades then what the max upgrade ring will be for at least a month, along with you know getting 2 of them.

Although I dislike the limited customization options for specing, healers can't tweak their spirit/ survability options, specs like shadow can play very different from crit to mastery stacking. But time will tell.
    rings will be good for a month , take month to make them.

GG blizz well played
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    rings will be good for a month , take month to make them.

GG blizz well played
    with spirits being tradable for bloods it doesn't seem to bad and the base version is still lfr quality which relatively easy to make with no bloods needed.