10+ Year Old Account

Paladin Ideas for Expansion, Weenie Rush

Greetings all, just got done doing my daily quests for gold on HS and was using a Paladin deck for all of it. The Paladin deck I am using now is more of a later-round aggro deck, with some late-game legendaries to finish people off. I've tried playing a quicker version of it, but the cards are not just there for an awesome weenie rush deck for Paladins. Our hero ability, while consistent, lacks cards that could affect it and the 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits it summons.

You could make a case and say every Paladin spell card is a buff for ANY minion. But 1/1s for 2s by itself is pretty inefficient, even in later rounds where AoE has been exhausted etc. If they are really going to make a big expansion of cards, they need to add some Soldier Weenie support. If you are familiar with Magic, basically the white color is weak soldiers and creatures and ridiculously cheap spells. Pretty much like Paladins, but then you can have more then 8 minions (unlimited) and there are some Generals that give +1/+1. Basically, an army that can clear all the boards in the game if left unchecked.

So I suggest adding some solid value minions that reinforce the Silver Hand Recruits. Say A Silver Hand General, 7 mana 3/6 Charge, Divine Shield. Give all friendly Silver Hand Recruits +1/+1 and divine shield.

An Epic Secret, Call in the Troops. 2 Mana, When your hero receives damage, summon a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit for every health lost.

A Rare, Knight Captain. Summon a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit with taunt. 5 mana, 2/5

A Common, Shield Battalion. Gain 1 health for every friendly Silver Hand recruit on the field. 2 Mana, 1/4

A Common, Master's Anvil. Master Swordsmith gives +4 Attack instead to Silver Hand Recruits. 1 Mana, 0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodactyl View Post
    An Epic Secret, Call in the Troops. 2 Mana, When your hero receives damage, summon a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit for every health lost.

A Rare, Knight Captain. Summon a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit with taunt. 5 mana, 2/5

A Common, Shield Battalion. Gain 1 health for every friendly Silver Hand recruit on the field. 2 Mana, 1/4

A Common, Master's Anvil. Master Swordsmith gives +4 Attack instead to Silver Hand Recruits. 1 Mana, 0/1
    The secret would be horrible because your face is usually going to take 1 dmg first. You can't self proc secrets anymore either. 1 mana 1/1 isn't that great.

Belcher is better in any way.

Having a 1/4 for 2 mana is actually really good specially in Arena. Not really doing much in constructed

I guess it would work like the +1 attack guy at the end of the turn? In that case it would be horrible...

The Paladin problem in constructed is that decks like Zoo and Undertaker hunter get steam/tempo so fast that paladins can't keep up. And Blizzard can't just buff early game paladin when they have tools like equality for the lategame.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The secret would be horrible because your face is usually going to take 1 dmg first. You can't self proc secrets anymore either. 1 mana 1/1 isn't that great.

Belcher is better in any way.

Having a 1/4 for 2 mana is actually really good specially in Arena. Not really doing much in constructed

I guess it would work like the +1 attack guy at the end of the turn? In that case it would be horrible...

The Paladin problem in constructed is that decks like Zoo and Undertaker hunter get steam/tempo so fast that paladins can't keep up. And Blizzard can't just buff early game paladin when they have tools like equality for the lategame.
    All paladin secrets cost 1, all mage secrets cost 3 and all hunter secrets cost 2 so that they're a "Secret." If one of them costs different, then you know what it is and it's not much of a secret.