Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 6.0.3 Notes, Trading Post Guide Update, Highmaul Open for Testing, Blue Posts

Curse Evolve Big Alpha Alpha Key Giveaway

Artcraft - Level Design Part 1 / Build Statistics Perspective, Armchair Rifting #1

Hearthstone Bot Ban Wave / Skin Spotlight: Master Uther

Patch 6.0.3 Notes
    Patch 6.0.3 goes live tomorrow to fix things that cannot be hotfixed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We’re planning to release a patch tomorrow that will bring the live game up-to-date with the version currently being tested on the beta realms. This includes a number of fixes and changes to address issues we've identified since the release of 6.0.2, as well as remaining assets and content to prepare for the launch of Warlords of Draenor. As we've done in prior expansions, our plan is to not require a launch-day patch, and have a smooth transition to the new expansion in North America at midnight Pacific on November 13.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    World Event: Iron Horde Incursion
    • Characters that have completed the Iron Horde Incursion event can now visit a vendor near their faction's respective beachhead to purchase replacement quest rewards.
    • Report to the King/Warning the Warchief: Characters with a healing specialization should now be able to select Ironmender's Totem as a quest reward.
    • Thrall received a reminder that he is currently still on Azeroth.

Character Models
    • Resolved an issue where certain helmets could incorrectly cause an Undead's jaw to disappear.
    • Resolved an issue where skin color for Human models were not matching up with their original counterparts.

Classes

Creatures
    • Gulp Frog no longer drops the Wilted Lilypad.
    • Kor'kron Butcher Cleave ability should no longer deal an excessive amount of damage.
    • Kor'kron Commanders with the Hemorrhagic Shadowstep ability should no longer deal an excessive amount of damage.

Pet Battles
    • Iron Starlette should no longer be excessively noisy when their owner is on a mount.

Quests
    • A Villain Unmasked: Resolved an issue where Samuelson Unmasked was dying too quickly to grant quest credit.
    • Basilisk Butcher: Basilisk Meat should be dropping again.
    • Borrowed Brew: Resolved a number of audio issues with the quest.
    • Get Kraken!: Resolved an issue where North Sea Kraken was dying too quickly to grant quest credit.
    • Warforged Seal: Added a safeguard to prevent characters from completing the quest if they already have the maximum amount of Warforged Seal.

Dungeons, Raids, and Scenarios
    Raids
    • Looting bind-on-equip items should no longer automatically bind it to the character on Personal Loot mode.
    • Resolved an issue where Guild Raid groups were not receiving credit towards Guild challenges on Mythic difficulty.
    • Dragon Soul
      • Spine of Deathwing: Blood of Deathwing should no longer deal an excessive amount of damage.
    • Firelands
      • Shannox: Rageface's Face Rage ability should no longer deal an excessive amount of damage.
    • Blackwing Lair
      • Razorgore the Untamed received a buff to increase his survivability.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    • Battlegrounds
      • For players queued for Random Battlegrounds, the losing team should be receiving 45 Honor again.

Professions
    • Resolved an issue where Windwalker Monks were unable to craft more than one item at a time using the "Create All" button.

Items
    • Fire-Watcher's Oath should correctly have a 100% chance to grant Bloody Coins on PvP kills once more.
    • Living Root of the Wildheart's bonus armor provided by Ursine Blessing for Guardian Druids has been toned down to a more reasonable level.

UI
    • PlayMusic API should now work correctly and be able to play MP3s once more.
    • PlaySound API should now work correctly and be able to play MP3s once more.
    • Resolved an issue where quest headers in the Quest Log may become stuck in a collapsed state.
    • Game settings and macros for characters with names that contains an extended ASCII character should be saving correctly once more for users on Mac OS.
    • Resolved a number of situations where the mouse cursor can disappear on Mac OS.

Bug Fixes
    • Resolved an issue where multi-passenger vehicles entering your character's viewing area could cause them to be booted to the character selection screen.
    • Resolved a client crash that can occur if a character logs out after copying a calendar event.
    • Resolved a LUA error when selecting monitor 3 on systems with multiple video cards.
    • Resolved a LUA error from using Command+M on the Credits screen on Mac OS.
    • Resolved an issue with the skybox flashing on systems with multiple video cards.

Warlords of Draenor - Garrisons: Trading Post Guide Updated
    Our Trading Post guide has been updated to reflect changes since the original post.

Normal Highmaul Open for Testing
    Originally Posted by Watcher (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The full Highmaul raid is now open on all beta realms, and will remain so for at least a couple of days. Please use this thread to provide feedback or otherwise discuss the raid content. At this stage, the most helpful type of feedback will be (of course) bug reports and tuning issues. In terms of tuning targets, there should be a steady increase in difficulty as you go from Kargath, to Twin Ogron, to Ko'ragh, and finally to Imperator Mar'gok. The other three optional bosses should be scattered in the middle of that difficulty spectrum. And, of course, this is Normal mode so the target audience is friends-and-family raiding groups, with pickup groups having increasing success as gear and knowledge of the fights spreads through the community.

Blue Posts
    Candy Buckets in Old Blasted Lands
    Tagging this with blue for anyone asking how to get the candy buckets in Blasted Lands now.

On the border of Blasted Lands and Swamp of Sorrows, there's an NPC named Zidormi who will phase Blasted Lands to the old one if you need it. She can also phase it back to the current version when you're ready. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Arthas Costume Price
    180+60+256+10 = 506.

Even if you get the absolute minimum possible, you still have enough for the costume. Assuming it's a simple coinflip for the Handful of Treats determination (50% chance of getting 2, 50% chance of getting 3), the odds of you getting the absolute minimum is

1 out of 11,150,372,599,265,311,570,767,859,136,324,180,752,990,208.

This isn't even counting the odds of you getting the absolute minimum from the Horseman too!

This is accurate (well I don't know if those odds are accurate or not, but the drops are). Even with the worst possible drops every single day you would end with 506. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Classes
    Why is poisoned arrow scaling with AP while Incendiary/Frozen arrows scale with weapon damage ?
    Fits the effect. Using weapon damage when the weapon isn't hitting is quite weird. Bleeds, Poisons, etc, are always AP-based. (Celestalon)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    how many stars can fall on one tick of starfall? i tried and noticed it has a cap.
    20, to make it consistent with others spells' AoE caps. (Celestalon)

World
    Thanks for all of the feedback on the Horde Wickerman, we'll be making some changes for next year to the flagging and the guards. (Muffinus)

that would explain all the damn dead frogs I saw on Timeless Isle :P

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hope Rom'ogg Bonecrusher in BRC is fixed so I can complete his achievement and finally get the Cata Dungeon Meta Drake.
    Not having him spawn adds since 6.0 has been a load of fun.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    People kill them for the Lesser Charms, the Lilypad was just a (very nice) bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Nah, folks mostly slaughter the Frogs en masse because they want Lesser Charms for upgrades, and they have an incredibly short respawn timer. They only drop ~1 charm a piece, but when you can kill a few thousand an hour, it adds up.

Granted, in 2 weeks those charms will be useless, but hey we need to fill time some how.

Is that Trading Post guide accurate? Horde get a new, unique pet while Alliance just get a new way to get the preexisting Nether Ray Fry? It also looks like Alliance classes who don't wear plate miss out on the majority of the gear. Just a set of gloves which are nowhere near as interesting for transmog as a helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentropy View Post
    Is that Trading Post guide accurate? Horde get a new, unique pet while Alliance just get a new way to get the preexisting Nether Ray Fry? It also looks like Alliance classes who don't wear plate miss out on the majority of the gear. Just a set of gloves which are nowhere near as interesting for transmog as a helm.
    The Nether Ray Fry is likely a place holder, though it's probably still going to be a copy/paste of that pet similar to how the two new Hallow's End pets are both basically the same ghost kitty. The Horde wasp is a new Draenor pet but it's a copy/paste of the new Draenor wasps which can be found out in the world. And ofc they are BoA so you'll be able to get both anyway.

As to the armor, well the city guard armor from the Armory was tagged as cosmetic to be used by all classes despite clearly appearing to be plate, so the Shatari armor might end up that way too. The fact that the gloves were tagged cosmetic already is either evidence to that effect or an oversight.

So Noxxic released an updated Lvl 100 DPS preview (http://www.noxxic.com/wow/wod-level-100-dps-preview) showing Ele Shaman at the bottom of the chart and on every patch they are lowering our mana spell cost instead? We havent been oom in ages! Are they trolling us????

Deleted
    What the heck? Are those the complete list of bug fixes they have to offer?Are you joking me?

The technical forums are filled with issues about random disconnects, latency,fps drop, invisible npcs and they just adjust minor bugs?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lcbagna View Post
    So Noxxic released an updated Lvl 100 DPS preview (http://www.noxxic.com/wow/wod-level-100-dps-preview) showing Ele Shaman at the bottom of the chart and on every patch they are lowering our mana spell cost instead? We havent been oom in ages! Are they trolling us????
    I will wait and see when we get some live numbers instead of simulations, since all those numbers are really is just guess work..

Thrall received a reminder that he is currently still on Azeroth.
    Lolled at this Is he starting to suffer from dementia?

Deleted
    ...and I received an e-mail telling me to use 7 days of free time... four days after I have already claimed them.

BTW How do people change the font used in game, for example in the quest dialogue (as seen on the screenshot)? Is it a side/inteded effect of some add-on? I believe I often see people with completely default UI, but with a different font...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    God I hope Rom'ogg Bonecrusher in BRC is fixed so I can complete his achievement and finally get the Cata Dungeon Meta Drake.
    Not having him spawn adds since 6.0 has been a load of fun.
    Yes that's exactly what I was hoping to see in the patch notes since a blue did confirm they are aware of the bug :/ Hopefully it's fixed though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo my precious lilypad ive been making alot of gold off of those while I farm frogs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exellente View Post
    worst fuckin expansion ever. recycling any one? haha. so sad so bad blizzard.
    First post? Pathetic. Seriously don't bother.

Wonder how far the post box will be from your own AH access point.

10+ Year Old Account
    So were the only changes to the Trading Post being the option to purchase gold sacks in addition to mats for savage blood and resources? Nothing about maybe getting the other faction's Trading Post's faction related cosmetic gear as a rare drop from farming members of that faction with drops being effected by rep? A player can dream...

Deleted
    Hopefully the patch fixes the DC issues and improves stability, but it's a bit worrying that they haven't directly mentioned this.

Wait and see, I suppose.

Still no option to skip chess in Karazhan though... boo, easy encounter but damn its annoying and boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Lolled at this Is he starting to suffer from dementia?
    yeh made me lol too. perhaps now that thrall's baby has come he's been spending the last few weeks back on the job?