Deleted

The Value of PVP Power in 6.0.2

All,

Is anyone aware how valuable PVP power is now since the changes?

In particular I'm thinking about the 522 gear vs 540 PVE gear now as the PVE has greatly increased general stats but as there is no PVP Defense any longer does the small amount of PVP power warrant still using 522 gear as I go through he HP grind?

Thanks.

I started gearing my ret, who is now about 540 ilevel in a pvp zone with an heirloom weapon. Similarly ilvl'd rets in pvp gear deal about 50% more than me with similar attacks. If you still have your grievous gear i would use it.

Purely anecdotal but i hope it helps.

PvP resilience still exists (pvp double trinket equals about 5% dmg reduction).
    PvP power is still valuable (full set of pvp power items is about +60% damage)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    PvP resilience still exists (pvp double trinket equals about 5% dmg reduction).
    I read it was about 10%. I think double pvp trinkets are definitely worth it. Also, a ton of pvp power comes from the weapon, so they are worth it.

For other pieces, 522 vs 540, I don't know: I wouldn't bother with the pvp (especially if you use frogs etc to upgrade your 540).

Note that the honor grind will give you 550 gear, not 522. That's very attractive, but it's only 2 weeks to WoD when all current gear is transient and will soon be replaced. Personally, I am thinking of capping 4k honor and leaving it at that.

I did get most of my chars 550 pvp weapons when the patch came and a few other 550 pieces to boost my ilevel for Garrosh flex. The Garrosh heirlooms mean you won't get much use for the 550 weapons while leveling. But if you are doing pvp, the 550 weapon will beat the 556 heirloom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Type this into your chat box to tell you what your statistics are:

/run print( GetPvpPowerDamage(), GetPvpPowerHealing(), GetModResilienceDamageReduction() )

And as far as gearing goes, I'm quite sure that the 522 gear is stronger than 540 PvE gear because of the PvP Power associated with it, it's that much of a difference.