Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Rogue will be 1st class i will speed lvl in wod.. and yes i have eight 90s

I'm excited for the new tier...

I'm honestly a little worried about where we'll stand on the meters. WoD raids are more about sustainability than stacking to heal through big burst, at least so far as I've seen. While we have great tools to survive, they feel more tuned toward specific events, rather than simply living a long time (feint being the exception, but it's at a high long-term cost ).

I'm hopeful our DPS gets tuned upward, or we may have a rough go of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SynergyDarkstar View Post
    Very unhappy with talents, unhappy with glyphs, unhappy with non-lethal poisons, unhappy w/ Vendetta, unhappy with positional requirements on Backstab, unhappy with visual flavor for most abilities, as good as the CP changes are it's the laziest kind of good, mildly disappointed that other weapons for Assassination was reverted, skeptical that Sub w/ Multistrike is a positive step.

HOWEVER, nowhere near unhappy enough to stop playing a rogue. Numerically we will end up fine, if not great. We have solid mechanics, if a bit tedious of a rotation. And for the few that will be left, we'll still have fun
    I fully agree with your points that make you unhappy but unlike you it IS enough for me to stop playing my rogue.

They would have to revamp the entire rogue talent grid, and replace vendetta with a more fun ability as useful as shadow dance for me to play the class again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I stop playing my Rogue, it's probably because I stoppoed playing everything

Thing is, I'm deeply disappointed with the new Combat, Assassination QoL changes were all nice but they can't buy me.
    Subtlety is the same spec with a new bleed mechanic, rolling effects and Warlock DoT treatment.

It's probably just me, but I can't get excited with WoD.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am fine with the rogue changes. My rogue ( Assassin spec ) seems to do just as well overall as before. The only change I did not like was removing mind numbing poisons. I liked the 50% reduced cast time on mobs. But overall, he will still be one of my top classes I will play in WoD.

It's all about perspective. As someone with an enhance shaman, playing a rogue and seeing how they turned out in WOD with a bunch of QOL changes is like heaven compared to enh's hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    In turn rogues are relatively bad in PvE where CC doesn't matter and defensive CDs matter even less.
    Couldn't be more false. Rogues had little issue getting a raid spot in MoP. Feint w/Elusiveness talented + Cloak of Shadows meant we took less damage than anyone else in the raid. The earlier you progress on a fight, the more it matters.

The thing I like most about rogues is that even in the entry tier, the class feels like it has a nice flow to it. When I tested Retribution paladin, I felt like it was very slow - ponderous even. Whereas, subtlety was very clean in its rotation. And now that target switching doesn't feel like as much of a penalty, it's pretty enjoyable in multi-target fights as well.

PvP on rogue was a hit or miss affair. The class feels more penalized in PvP than ever before. Everyone has a dot, many classes have strong survivability, and instant CC that makes setting up a kill somewhat of a pain. I felt like I every time I would dance, I would be immediately CCed. It's unfortunate, but it seemed like I had to wait for the stars to align to go in for the kill as a rogue. With the paladin, I just had to make sure the enemy's trinket was down and I could pretty much vaporize people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broggernaut View Post
    I'm excited for the new tier...

I'm honestly a little worried about where we'll stand on the meters. WoD raids are more about sustainability than stacking to heal through big burst, at least so far as I've seen. While we have great tools to survive, they feel more tuned toward specific events, rather than simply living a long time (feint being the exception, but it's at a high long-term cost ).

I'm hopeful our DPS gets tuned upward, or we may have a rough go of it.
    This is a great post, and a very interesting commentary on the nature of rogue survival. It's true, cloak and even feint are suited more for specific periods of danger than a constant mitigation would be. It's times like this I wish sub still used recup.

No I'm not. Rogues still have too much CC compared to other classes when they said they were trimming back on CC. As a Priest, I have to choose between Roots, Fear, and Mind Control. How comes Rogues don't have to choose between Blind, Shroud of Concealment, and Smoke Bomb per-say. Also, in before someone says Shroud isn't CC. It can be counted as CC, because it allows you to get the perfect opener in Arena.
    Last edited by muto; 2014-10-29 at 07:39 AM.

Deleted
    Yes it's not that bad overall tough.

The cumulative effect of the QoL enhancements (everything from CP to hit/expertise being removed) has been...jarring. But in a good way! Where I spent a lot of time managing CP/rupture/evis/BG/RvS/etc., it is far easier to really focus in on the rotation and learn the new nuances of lining up cooldowns, RvS and BG, and this new 30% aura refresh thing. Those are the good things that will take some adjustment.

The bad: there hasn't been any real fundamental change to rogues in a while. Blizz seems to take a Professor Umbridge stance when it comes to rogues (Change for the sake of change = bad), yet they have enacted fundamental changes to many classes over the years (Paladins and Warlocks being most prominent, imo).

Note: I play combat PVE almost exclusively. Nothing against the other specs, I just really really like combat!

There are still problems (burst of speed, lack of poisons, dumbing down of assassination even more, shadowstep being too weak) but fundamentally I find the class very fun to play. I love the combo point change and I am looking forward to getting death from above, I think it will be a huge ability for rogue pvp and could lead to the class becoming THE pvp class many people will reroll to. The options and possibilities with that ability in terms of CC avoidance, burst and mobility are exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No I'm not. Rogues still have too much CC compared to other classes when they said they were trimming back on CC. As a Priest, I have to choose between Roots, Fear, and Mind Control. How comes Rogues don't have to choose between Blind, Shroud of Concealment, and Smoke Bomb per-say. Also, in before someone says Shroud isn't CC. It can be counted as CC, because it allows you to get the perfect opener in Arena.
    Smoke and shroud aren't CC. What a fucking dumb post. Rogues have more CC because the class is designed around CC, unlike priests, who should never have any CC more than the old 20sec scream. Rogue is the squishiest class in the game, the most reliant on openers, and sub has the lowest sustained damage of all dps specs making it more reliant on CC and burst coordination. That is why rogues have CC.

If you're still whining about CC after the removal of para stun, and the shared DR on kidney/cheapshot, then you are probably a low rated player who is oblivious to his own lack of skill and prefers to whine about other classes.

Deleted
    Can't say that I am.

Imagine having your favorite food for bf/lunch/dinner every single day, yet it lasts for several years and there's no end in sight.
    Poor analogy, but that's just how this is.

I'll of course play my rogue exclusively through WoD out of some malplaced sense of loyalty or some shit. But the "fun-factor" has seriously gone down over the years, so who knows how low this'll last.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    I am looking forward to getting death from above, I think it will be a huge ability for rogue pvp and could lead to the class becoming THE pvp class many people will reroll to. The options and possibilities with that ability in terms of CC avoidance, burst and mobility are exciting.
    While I don't PvP, I'm a little concerned about what you mention. Because if DFA turns out anywhere close to the ability you describe, it will be nerfed to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think for the first time since BC I'll enjoy playing my rogue. Been playing one at 100 in beta for a few months and I'm loving it. Much funner than Warlocks and Hunters at the moment. I especially like the new passive slice and dice for assassin. About the only thing I'm not that keen on is the new 100 talents. None of them are that interesting and Death from Above has the same issues Killing Spree had with getting you thrown of a platform on certain bosses.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No I'm not. Rogues still have too much CC compared to other classes when they said they were trimming back on CC. As a Priest, I have to choose between Roots, Fear, and Mind Control. How comes Rogues don't have to choose between Blind, Shroud of Concealment, and Smoke Bomb per-say.
    Rogues have always been about the CC, since the beginning of WoW. At some point blizz went full retard and gave every class way too much CC, then they realized their mistake and here we are. CC nerf is more about making things like they used to be originally, not just removing CC all around.

New class tunings and again nothing for rogues. I guess they are happy with how we are doing (and to be fair all 3 of our specs are really close at the moment).

However we are still behind most other classes in terms of damage.

All three of our level 100 talents should be significantly buffed. You could double their effectiveness and they wouldn't be as significant as most other class' level 100 talents.

Deleted
    I have rolled back to my rogue after hunters got turned into a stinking pile of shit. Rogue has been my main for many years prior to WoD, and i like it after 6.0. The change to combopoints makes up for almost any shortcomings imo. The lvl 100 talents looks a bit dull/clunky, but maybe i'll change my mind after trying them out for real.