Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    DoC is probably a better choice, a few healing touches would be nice and the boss dies fast enough towards the end, a bit more bust at the start doesn't have much of an impact
    Vigil would be a better choice, both in general for soloing since you have less resolve and enemies have less armor (= you do more damage) so it almost always outheals DoC, and in this specific case because horridon takes tons of extra damage. That spell does still exist .

For the drakarri adds, 2 tips: 1, use savage defense. They're so low level that it'll take you to 90+% dodge/miss, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it's 100% now with better gear + agi trinkets. They don't apply the DoT on whiffed attacks. 2, use FoN. They don't taunt or hold threat or anything, but the adds focus on random enemies and that gives them something else to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Vigil would be a better choice, both in general for soloing since you have less resolve and enemies have less armor (= you do more damage) so it almost always outheals DoC, and in this specific case because horridon takes tons of extra damage. That spell does still exist .

For the drakarri adds, 2 tips: 1, use savage defense. They're so low level that it'll take you to 90+% dodge/miss, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it's 100% now with better gear + agi trinkets. They don't apply the DoT on whiffed attacks. 2, use FoN. They don't taunt or hold threat or anything, but the adds focus on random enemies and that gives them something else to focus on.
    hah yea shame that most talent teirs are never changed in raiding.. i forget NV and FoN exist, both would really trivialize parts i suppose. The leach trinket helped tons since i ended the fight at 90k dps so NV would also help a lot. I did have GoE but it seemed like i was still getting some disease hits with that up so i swapped to BF but those defiantly could have just been back hits from some, i wasnt paying too much attention

Hmm never thought to use NV much but yeah resolve is rarely very high I'll have to see how much healing I can get out of that and experiment. Still feels like a whole suite of fights rely on HOTW though.

Haven't kept up with this thread since WoD came out, so sorry if it's been posted already, but I've cleared everything in tot 10 man as balance. Its all pretty much zergable or kiteable.
    I've played balance for five years.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

The spreadsheet in the first post should be up to date, so you can refer to that if you're uncertain of what's been cleared. Unless you're talking about heroic mode, then everything in ToT 10-man has been cleared.

Anyone used guardian class trinket for soloing? Seems like soloing MOP stuff is a lot of smaller hits, so would make us kind of immortal.

yea its fairly overpowered, did half my healing overall from solo 25norm tot up to durmu so its essentially 50% reduced damage

Tried some BRF normal just for fun, i think some fights could be fun if enrage timers weren't a thing :P

Hans and Frans lived until enrage at 60%, think max dps could get them to 35-40 percent before enrage.
    Not sure if oregorger is smart to do as guardian, saw the feral druid do it with stacked avoidance and versatility, claws letting him keep rejuv up 100%. Maybe doable but my 1 attempt didn't go too well in roll phase.
    Kinda wanna try tectus since there was a monk solo recently.

couldn't get close to kargath, only ~70%, impale damage starts to be an issue and the crowd's damage is just enough to cancel out your healing. Doesn't do chains if your soloing so it won't reset at least

Yeah, Kargath, Butcher and Brackenspore won't be doable for some time.

Had a little bit of a shot at tectus, think best attempt was the 1st main tectus to 20-30 percent, using soul cap and anzus usually. hotw cat burst at start while kiting adds around was what I was doing but that doesnt work long term either. Don't see a druid solo this xpac but prove me wrong please. Still a bit of fun though, everything hits a lot harder than you would think for normal highmaul with a 20% nerf :P

Hey guys, I am new to druids. I am intending to use mine to farming Mogushan vaults for Elegon. I've always known druids to tank anything as bear but now im reading balance this balance that. I have access to LFR HFC and baleful. Which spec should I go cat/bear/balance(boom)? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Hey guys, I am new to druids. I am intending to use mine to farming Mogushan vaults for Elegon. I've always known druids to tank anything as bear but now im reading balance this balance that. I have access to LFR HFC and baleful. Which spec should I go cat/bear/balance(boom)? Thanks
    Cat would probably be fastest and easiest to just clear everything up to elegon on 10m normal. All 3 can definitely do it though.

The bosses don't do a whole lot damage on 10-man normal mode, so there is no point in going as guardian. I'd argue feral has the best burst, and on 10-man normal the bosses should have low enough health to die to it, or shortly afterwards. Feral also has better self-healing than balance.

As Thelxi said, though, all three specs can do it just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Cat would probably be fastest and easiest to just clear everything up to elegon on 10m normal. All 3 can definitely do it though.
    I tried MSV the other day (as Moonkin).. First 3 bosses went down without problems..

However, Spirit Kings raped me so hard, that I wad dead before first boss was at 50%...
    Any trick to this?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I tried MSV the other day (as Moonkin).. First 3 bosses went down without problems..

However, Spirit Kings raped me so hard, that I wad dead before first boss was at 50%...
    Any trick to this?
    You shouldn't have much of an issue if you have decent gear and keep your health up. The only thing that might be an issue is the stun that one of them does, which some people use a pvp trinket for and others just kite. Keep at it I'd say and go to wowhead to get a better understanding of the fight if necessary.

1st boss can hit for decent damage with his swings, consider HOTW to heal yourself through that guy or just burst him harder. As Thelxi says the 3rd one can stun you with one of the arrow volleys, if you have starfall up it might auto kill the arrow though? You can also (though its tough) displacer as he casts it and dodge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    The bosses don't do a whole lot damage on 10-man normal mode, so there is no point in going as guardian. I'd argue feral has the best burst, and on 10-man normal the bosses should have low enough health to die to it, or shortly afterwards. Feral also has better self-healing than balance.

As Thelxi said, though, all three specs can do it just fine.
    HoTW Guardian w/ Soul Cap can kill each boss in like 20-30 seconds, and I'd argue that the burst is significantly easier to pull off than feral for someone not familiar with the spec(s).

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    1st boss can hit for decent damage with his swings, consider HOTW to heal yourself through that guy or just burst him harder. As Thelxi says the 3rd one can stun you with one of the arrow volleys, if you have starfall up it might auto kill the arrow though? You can also (though its tough) displacer as he casts it and dodge it.
    You can use Dash and just run as he casts it to dodge it.
    Last edited by Arborus; 2015-10-19 at 10:07 AM.

anyone manage iron qon 25n? Really don't understand how that 15sec stun works, if theres a way to avoid it that would be great.. the 2nd phase just takes way too long getting stunned for the majority of it so i hit berserk during end of 3rd phase

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    HoTW Guardian w/ Soul Cap can kill each boss in like 20-30 seconds, and I'd argue that the burst is significantly easier to pull off than feral for someone not familiar with the spec(s).
    That works too.