Configuring Benq XL2430T (poor image quality)

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the new Benq XL2430T (which is a upgraded model of 2420T) prior to WOD release. Unfortunately i cannot figure what settings are really good for WoW and normal windows-usage (chrome, watching vids, images...). The colors are just ... really difficult to describe ... very intensive and fudged, even real-life-pictures from my camera look like they have been made in a comic-video. Also it seems as the color white is too brigth, yellow has too much of a greenish veil.

There are a lot of seetings which you can make via the monitor-menu. I googled for some settings but most reviews only cover the XL2420T, which seems to use different basic color settings as the suggested "builds" don't look any better. My settings currently are (I am not happy with those):

Picture Mode: Standard (no fps, rts, ..., they are all much too bright for WoW)
    Blur reduction: off
    Brigthness: 75
    Contrast: 60
    Gamma: 3
    Colorseetings: R94, G93, B99
    Sharpness: 5-6 (tried both, doesn't make a huge difference)
    AMA: on

I am using standard DVI cable and run the monitor on 1920x1080p, 144hz in both, Windows and WoW. Another note, if this is of important information: I run graphics on a ASUS gtx 660 TI

So basically what I am looking for is either some suggestions for settings from users who have made the same experiences with bad image quality or a description how to apply settings with the help of a tool or something like that.

Thank you in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    XL2430T being newer, well... can't find an ICC profile. Also what you're talking about is images are more washed out.
    You want to change the color gain a bit. The yellow having too much greenish would most likely be caused by an increase in your blue.
    Your white point is most likely >7000K which you want to aim for 6500K for actual 'white'. A lot of monitors tend to be more cold than it is warm (blueish instead of reddish). In other words tone down the blue.
    Brightness is simple, decrease brightness. Probably change contrast to 50, don't know what the default value of it is. You don't have to worry about flicker from reducing brightness cause BenQ is pretty much making all their monitors flicker free now.
    Also set your gamma to 2.2 (or whatever number is closest to it). Not sure how accurate that'd be cause it differs per monitor but it'd be worth a shot.
    All that said, unless you have a colorimeter or spectrophotometer you're going to have to eyeball it with only the monitor RGB controls.

and before someone mentions it, yes this is a TN panel, yes there is going to be differences between the panel type, that however is not the issue at hand.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-10-29 at 08:25 AM.

I have also configured nvidia panel options to adjust colors a little bit. Reducing blue greatly improved problems with yellow, as well as adjusting brightness and gamma. Pictures still look washed and fuged, perhaps I can get used to it.

Can you give me sources for ICC profiles so I can watch out for some suggestions in the future (as the monitor gets older there may be some settings availabe)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend against using the video card control panel for adjusting settings. It sometimes destroys contrast, gamma and other things. It's useful in some cases but not this.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm
    https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/
    Prad.de I don't know, I can't german.
    That said. Pcmonitors is generally in the review so you kind of have to watch for it.
    TFT Central has user and reviewer submitted.

ICC profiles may vary because each panel although the same model, may be slightly different due to manufacturing.

You may want to check this, though it's usually HDMI, never hurts to check. https://pcmonitors.info/articles/cor...-and-amd-gpus/
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-10-29 at 08:53 PM.