Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    ...and here we go with the misinformation.
    Got a source that says it's not bad for you? Cos I've got many that say it is (And please don't link anything from the Daily Mail).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Just like flouride, amirite
    The amount in water is fine for humans. You don't eat tooth paste do you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Got a source that says it's not bad for you? Cos I've got many that say it is?
    The burden of proof isn't on me.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...s/art-20046936

That was hard.

Also, my wife is a nutritionist and has said for years that even if the dubious claims about artificial sweeters were true that they would still pale in comparison to the well documented and obvious health problems caused by excess sugar intake.

It's already been said multiple times, but you have got to exercise AND eat healthy - and not just for one meal per day. On a side note, Subway isn't the best route either with all the crazy ingredients they infuse into their meats, breads, etc.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Unless you are trying to cut body fat, 155 would seem a pretty normal weight, even underweight depending on how tall you were.

I would substitute out the chips for a salad or a fruit. As far as the drink, I prefer unsweet tea with lemon. It contains about 15 calories for 40 ounces, something very negligible.

The sub itself is fine.

There is an app. called "my fitness pal". It allows you to track calories, add in calories burned from exercise, and comes with some nice features.

As far as people saying one food is bad and one food is not, eat what is generally healthy, and focus on portion control. While there are foods worse than others, no one diet is right for everyone. For example, runners and sport players like in soccer, can greatly benefit from a carb heavy meal 12 or so hours before a game/long run. Its about eating what you enjoy. All diets will fail if you are miserable.

Also, add in cardio with some body weight push ups, inverted row/pull up, body weight squats, and situps.

This light exercises will help you burn calories, and work your muscles a bit. I suggest picking 2 and doing 3 sets of 15-20 each day after a warm up and before your run. As for running, work up from jogging for 2 mins, walking for 2 mins. Increase time you run, and try to minimize walking time as you progress.

START SLOW. DO NOT HURT YOURSELF.

Also if you are really really serious about wanting to accomplish goals and are unsure how to do it on your own, contact a personal trainer. it costs money, but they are trained to work with you, and design a diet, exercise plan and help set healthy goals for you to accomplish.

Are you all really giving a 155lbs guy advice on how to lose weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The burden of proof isn't on me.
    It is when you're spouting BS and then claiming I'm misinforming people.

Your answer is one of a person without a shred of evidence to back it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just track your calories and keep between 2000-2500 depending how much you want to lose, instead of drinking cola/eating chips, eat better food like wholemeal bread, milk, eggs, fish, poultry, brown rice, vegetables, fruit etc...

Losing weight is easy, building muscle is hard

And do you have any evidence that shows aspartame is harmful when consumed in the quantities it is normally taken in?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted

Yeah, OK. Aspartame is bad, and that's why it's not in any foodstuffs in any country in the world.

Look, dude, I know your reply to what I'm about to post will be along the lines "Boo Wikipedia boo! You should go read [insert nutjob conspiracy theorist forum here] instead!", and I do hate quoting Wikipedia. But, here goes:

The safety of aspartame has been studied extensively since its discovery with research that includes animal studies, clinical and epidemiological research, and postmarketing surveillance, with aspartame being one of the most rigorously tested food ingredients to date. Peer-reviewed comprehensive review articles and independent reviews by governmental regulatory bodies have analyzed the published research on the safety of aspartame and have found aspartame is safe for consumption at current levels. Aspartame has been deemed safe for human consumption by over 100 regulatory agencies in their respective countries, including the UK Food Standards Agency, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and Health Canada.
    So, whatever, dude. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I figured limiting yourself to one healthy meal per day would be an ideal way to lose weight?
    One that isn't a healthy meal. Two if you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode and slow down your metabolism. Right now you are eating a lot of sodium, very few vitamins and probably less then 1/2 of the calories you should. With how much time you spend on the internet making up crazy stories or telling the forum boards about why you think somebody should be beaten to death, you would think you would know how google works and check it out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Why would you want to drop below 155?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes...of course it does...
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    stop eating chips if you are trying to lose weight

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    stop eating chips if you are trying to lose weight
    Everyone with their stop eating this and stop eating that.

Guys, you really don't have to stop eating ANYTHING. You just have to use some moderation.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    For about a week now I've been on a daily diet of one ham sandwich, baked chips, and diet coke from subway as my only meal per day but I don't seem to be dropping below 155 pounds. Is there something I'm doing wrong or what? Help would be appreciated.
    There is nothing healthy in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if you're being serious at the idea of eating only one meal that might contain all of 300 calories a day (which would kill you in short order) or just trying to joke around, but we have a Fitness/Sports forum you can get better feedback from than this thread.