Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thats a pretty good system, is there a reason you didnt get the 4590? for 2 bucks more it boosts to 3.7 when gaming vs 3.4 on the 4460 with turbo boost.

Parts are solid and its always nice to see a Seasonic PSU in the build. What did you end up going for with the Case and Monitor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Thats a pretty good system, is there a reason you didnt get the 4590? for 2 bucks more it boosts to 3.7 when gaming vs 3.4 on the 4460 with turbo boost.

Parts are solid and its always nice to see a Seasonic PSU in the build. What did you end up going for with the Case and Monitor?
    The thing is is it worth to pay more for something which is a performance upgrade but only noticeable in benchmarks and not with actually using the pc for gaming or daily usages. You can better spend that money on something else.

The case looks great it's premium designed. And the screen got low input lag, vibrant colors, ips panel and looks great.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the same monitor. I like it too, helps me see shit as I'm blind as a bat...and old!

Deleted
    I have the same monitor. I like it too, helps me see shit as I'm blind as a bat...and old!
    So was it worth your money? Are the color reproduction and contrast ratio good? Do you have black light bleeding.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, no bleed, mines perfect, got it on sale at Best Buy for $229.00 a few months ago. I had a Dell 2440S, its a good monitor as well, just too small for me, 24" isn't cutting it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    If money is an issue... Why not get something better for effectively the same price?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bfMGdC

Just tossing it out there, get the power supply today, regardless of the rest of the system you get. Rebate ends today (to buy) and thats a steal for that unit.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    If money is an issue... Why not get something better for effectively the same price?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bfMGdC

Just tossing it out there, get the power supply today, regardless of the rest of the system you get. Rebate ends today (to buy) and thats a steal for that unit.
    I live in The Netherlands. Those parts would've been expensiver here. Also the Coolmaster Evo wouldn't fit the case, because of the height.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achillias View Post
    I live in The Netherlands. Those parts would've been expensiver here. Also the Coolmaster Evo wouldn't fit the case, because of the height.
    Ah, okay. You used US prices last, thought thats where you were buying from.

Do you have a price limit? It's hard to tell prices if you won't be buying from those sites, or if they're even available where you are.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Ah, okay. You used US prices last, thought thats where you were buying from.

Do you have a price limit? It's hard to tell prices if you won't be buying from those sites, or if they're even available where you are.
    Yeah i did because in europe almost everything priced in dollars gets the same price tag in euro's. And their was no option on the website to choose for The Netherlands. My price limit is €1300,- euro's (inclusive the screen). Already checked all the parts on availability and pricetag, and those components are.

- - - Updated - - -

No, no bleed, mines perfect, got it on sale at Best Buy for $229.00 a few months ago. I had a Dell 2440S, its a good monitor as well, just too small for me, 24" isn't cutting it anymore.
    Nice, you're lucky, normally you have to exchange monitors 2-3 times before you get a good one without deadpixels or light bleeding.
    Last edited by mmoc63e0538ce4; 2014-11-01 at 08:28 PM.

If I buy a I5 4690k, 970 gtx (whatever brand, evga same price almost), decent case like the cool h440, z97 gaming 5 mobo..250g sdd evo...All the good stuff, like the OP will buy, its about 2k dollars, and abit more if you buy it as a built system...

Denmark is costly I wondor if its bad time to buy a new PC, cause I think I might get the same build...my old gtx 470, and I7 quad 2.80 ghz cpu from 2009 is not so nice anymore...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just throwing my two cents in there!

If you're not going to overclock, I wouldn't recommend going for an aftermarket cooler. It's not needed, as Intel's is just fine. Rather spend that money on an upgraded CPU, or even just save it altogether. Remember, just because you have a budget, doesn't mean you HAVE to go to the limit of it.

... thought the same thing...but its what he wants...lol

I think he just wants a thumbs up for making some good choices. so the cooler will definately keep his rig cool. 8}

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    If I buy a I5 4690k, 970 gtx (whatever brand, evga same price almost), decent case like the cool h440, z97 gaming 5 mobo..250g sdd evo...All the good stuff, like the OP will buy, its about 2k dollars, and abit more if you buy it as a built system...

Denmark is costly I wondor if its bad time to buy a new PC, cause I think I might get the same build...my old gtx 470, and I7 quad 2.80 ghz cpu from 2009 is not so nice anymore...
    Just out of curiousity, were those prices according to Pricerunner or just a generic e- or retailer like Komplett/Computersalg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i did because in europe almost everything priced in dollars gets the same price tag in euro's... My price limit is €1300,- euro's
    Little confused then.. if the price is $1160 or so... shouldn't it come out to at least close to €1300? What item is significantly more expensive? than the USD price? What site are you actually buying from?

Deleted
    Little confused then.. if the price is $1160 or so... shouldn't it come out to at least close to €1300? What item is significantly more expensive? than the USD price? What site are you actually buying from?
    Well alot of products in europe get the same price tag as there counterparts in the US. For example you can buy the iPhone 6 plus for $749 dollars. In europe the same iPhone cost €799. They just translate the price without looking at the real value. This means most products in Europe are more expensive than US. The website we use in The Netherlands is Tweakers pricewatch http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Just throwing my two cents in there!

If you're not going to overclock, I wouldn't recommend going for an aftermarket cooler. It's not needed, as Intel's is just fine. Rather spend that money on an upgraded CPU, or even just save it altogether. Remember, just because you have a budget, doesn't mean you HAVE to go to the limit of it.
    It's not needed but you do know that aftermarket coolers let your system run more quiet right?

- - - Updated - - -

Not really the same setup i've on pcpart website is €1150 euro in The Netherlands.
    Last edited by mmoc63e0538ce4; 2014-11-01 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I get that... But what is the euro price of the setup I posted, with your original CPU fan. Is it over 1300? Which part makes that 200 euro difference that I can't see?

Deleted
    Okay, I get that... But what is the euro price of the setup I posted, with your original CPU fan. Is it over 1300? Which part makes that 200 euro difference that I can't see?
    Need to make a list for that, brb.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you've it.
    Last edited by mmoc63e0538ce4; 2014-11-01 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you've it.
    I.. guess I'm not understanding, then.

€1100 is clearly less than €1300. That said, that setup you posted is also significantly better than anything else listed in this thread (largely due to the CPU). What is the issue, exactly?

Deleted
    I.. guess I'm not understanding, then.

€1100 is clearly less than €1300. That said, that setup you posted is also significantly better than anything else listed in this thread (largely due to the CPU). What is the issue, exactly?
    The monitor still has to be added in your setup, the setup i have with monitor is €1135 euro. Anyway going to order this next week so the purpose of this topic is done. Didn't you asked me to show the difference.
    Last edited by mmoc63e0538ce4; 2014-11-01 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, okay. That's what I'm missing, the monitor.

But that still leaves the question, why are you not going with the 4690K/Z97 setup, when that still is under 1300?