Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Be happy. Its a broad aim, aided by my seemingly simpleton ability to take pleasure in small things.

I'll let the tryhards take life seriously in 2000 years theres a tiny handful of people that history remembers fondly so I'm not concerned about my impact on the human race.

(My family are loaded so I still get to experience the finer things in life from time to time
    those great figures in history are molded and shaped by the culture that produces them, don't you want to be a part of that culture?

Reminds me of this: The Long Game. Enjoy:

Part2:

Well I am tired of my current career and would like a change. It pays well and is flexible but I highly doubt I can get a job like this again as I probably wouldn't be here without my uncle. I want to move across the country but if I did that I could end up strapped.

I decided to change from my financial goals to my original interest in something in the medical field. Current goal is become RN do paperwork for target state, and then enter a program for NP. I have a soft goal after then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Live forever and accomplish as much as I can.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am a firm believer that if you don't have goals to work towards, why bother living at all. Unfortunately this is something I encounter all the time here at college. People just existing to exist, without trying hard or making the most of what is offered here. Looking at it from an environmental point of view, there are simply far too many people to just live and go with the flow. In my opinion they just clog up the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread title reminds me of my old football coach..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    The number of people in this thread taking pride in the fact that they seem to have no purpose is both hilarious and pathetic.

Even if it's something small, at least have a direction to go into. Don't be so lazy that you can't even accomplish that.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Deleted
    I enjoy my life, love my life. So no, I don't have any goals, there isn't really any point to make goals, if I'm happy as it is, now is there?

I take life day by day and I experience a lot of things, I didn't when I was younger and had certain goals in life.

I was working towards a goal. Then I reached it, and found out that goal just sucks. So now I'm sorta in a lull where I don't know what to do with my life. Either continue down this road I poorly chose, or try to pick up a new road. And if I were to choose a new path, there's also the problem of having no idea what road to take.

All in all though, no, I'm not happy at the moment U_U

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have accomplished a lot more than I thought I would have when I was a young teenager, living in poverty, going hungry, struggling to get by each day. Now, I have my home paid for which sits on 14 acres of paradise. No bills which I pay interest on. Good retirement income. Good health. I feel blessed. So my goals now is to finish the rest of my years in good health and being able to take care of my wife and this place we have.

1. Get a job that pays 100.000 euros per year before I turn 40
    2. Buy a house
    3. Have a third child with my wife
    4. Help my children get solid jobs
    5. Die in my home

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Being a very focussed and goal-orientated person myself and I keep setting new goals and pushing my boundries daily.
    I also noticed that this is something I rarely see in others.

It made me wonder what other people do and I would love to hear if you are doing things aimlessly/randomly in life or working towards goals!
    I used to think like that... while that mentality still remains to a degree, the primary shift I've made is realizing that my "goal achieving" should never lead my happiness nor be the direct purpose of my life. If you do that, you're doomed to eventually fall into depression and a miserable life - because if your happiness is dependent on achieving things, you will always have moments where you fail to achieve - and that will either frustrate the hell out of you, bring you down, or make you want to break/cheat the system at whatever cost to satiate your own ego.

What you percieve as "aimless" is probably/possibly 10x more efficient than your optimal gung-ho all-gears-forward goal charging. There's a reason the statement "Slow and steady wins the race".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I was working towards a goal. Then I reached it, and found out that goal just sucks. So now I'm sorta in a lull where I don't know what to do with my life. Either continue down this road I poorly chose, or try to pick up a new road. And if I were to choose a new path, there's also the problem of having no idea what road to take.

All in all though, no, I'm not happy at the moment U_U
    Or there's this situation to. Somebody once best described it as "Hurrying to get up to the top of the ladder only to discover at the top that you put the ladder on the wrong wall".

I've discovered many of my fellow American citizens have learned this mistake. So many went for the so-called "American Dream" of a white picket fence, a marriage and a baby with a good paying job only to discover that it wasn't their dream at all... it was somebody elses that was sold to them at an early age because others said they needed to go for that.

Now they're stuck in a job they hate that requires tons of overtime and barely any social life, an ungrateful child who throws tantrums that they don't know how to handle, a spouse they argue with all the time because you bring your frustrations home, and a mortgage and enducation debt that forces them to work for the rest of their lives like a dog to just afford the stupid home - all while walking up to their friends and pretending that they really love what they got.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Keep myself challenged in my career (already doing something I found I enjoyed as a teen)
    2. Eventually pay off student debt
    3. Eventually buy a house (2 first)
    4. Keep friendly work/life balance
    5. Get back to the point where I can call myself a fit and healthy person (7/10s of the way there!)
    6. Still enjoy myself in my free time
    7. Clean my apartment for incoming inspection in 2 weeks

For 1-6, you could call them vague long term goals. They're not overly specific, I don't have a time frame for them but they define the general direction that I have.
    Last edited by Radio; 2014-11-04 at 06:26 AM.

I lucked out and fulfilled my biggest then-long-term one early on in life (i.e. start and sell a software consulting company). After cashing out I went back to school to pursue a new career to kill time and now work as a broadcast news producer, which I love.

Now I have many small short-term goals and none of them involve making a metric tonne of money or living the high life.

aimless, don't really care.

Continuously working without any goal.. I aint think about my future. whatever happens, just accept it.. Thats it..
    Anyone for PvP ? I'm waiting Elsword India Throw me a challenge..

I set three new goals for today:

1. shave my balls and ass as I promised in the other thread.
    2. Fire a dude in my employment if he's not there on time again.
    3. Drink a beer when I get home.

Number 2 hurts me, but... whatever, no explanation required.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I don't have and never had any goal. Yeah, something is wrong with me, but i don't care. It's totally fine for me to wake up, do what i must to do (work, clean, cook etc), eat, shit and watch/play something until sleep time, then repeat it every day. I don't give a crap about my carrier, not because i hate it, i just don't care at all, it's just something i have to do to pay the bills. I don't even spend the money i get... i don't want expensive house, car, tours, phone...