Thread: why the hell...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vivi168 View Post
    At first I also thought that combo points were still on the target but then I realized you don't need a target to do premed + snd.

Maybe after all combo points are really on rogue.
    But FoK doesn't give a Combo Point.

Yeah I wish they'd show it on the player rather than target, it's not really a big deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by vivi168 View Post
    At first I also thought that combo points were still on the target but then I realized you don't need a target to do premed + snd.

Maybe after all combo points are really on rogue.
    They really are. In my UI I can see CPs building on every target at once. It's just not visible with no target (without addons).

Also CPs don't expire shortly after target death anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I use WeakAuras to display mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    ...that's exactly the point Squirl is making directly before your quoted section. It's bizarre and awkward that the one, original basis for the new resources (combo points and its variants - HoPo, Chi, Embers, Shards, SOrbs) retains a mechanic which is unneeded and a bit of a "noob trap." It's not an exciting marker of a good player to figure out which enemies will "vanish" rather than "die" and manage CP around them, when every CP-based-resource class besides rogue/feral does not.
    Actually it's a way bigger pain in the ass on my Warlock not knowing if Shadowburn is going to refund the embers because the mob technically didn't "die".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Have you not played since MoP launch?

I actually seem to get 2 CPs per FoK lately, guessing Seal Fate applies to FoK now (or maybe it always did and just procced less or I had less crit, I forget).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylie View Post
    Yes, they didn't bother updating default UI. However, addons using UnitPower("player", 4) instead of GetComboPoints() can get around it now and display CP properly without target selected.

EDIT: also, releveant twitter discussion: https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/524275872400822273
    Argh, I shouldn't have read that Twitter conversation. Stuff like that coming down the line from Blizzard really makes me worry that they've got some serious blind spots in their understanding of game design if they argue that hiding useful information from players because "if you want to see it, you can use an addon" is the right way to make a better game.
    It's so basic and so obvious that it just boggles my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Have you not played since MoP launch?

I actually seem to get 2 CPs per FoK lately, guessing Seal Fate applies to FoK now (or maybe it always did and just procced less or I had less crit, I forget).
    I mean without a target. I referred to him talking about Premed giving CP without a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    FoK giving CPs without targets would be stupidly unbalanced for PVP reasons...

Inb4 run away, fok the air, recuperate, full heath, reset...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    FoK giving CPs without targets would be stupidly unbalanced for PVP reasons...

Inb4 run away, fok the air, recuperate, full heath, reset...
    Of course. But in terms of consistency? I mean you can do that with Premed. It just takes longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. But in terms of consistency? I mean you can do that with Premed. It just takes longer.
    Still a less bad band-aid than combat's haste...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Actually it's a way bigger pain in the ass on my Warlock not knowing if Shadowburn is going to refund the embers because the mob technically didn't "die".
    And Soul Drain, yeah, I haven't forgotten. Same stupidity, but at least you're not missing a resource you had a moment ago :P just didn't get the resources you were expecting. Granted, Shards and Embers are/were somewhat larger than individual CP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I use WeakAuras to display mine.
    yep, since last patch it shows everywhere and anytime how many poinst you have without target, really great. Like monk or paladin.

The fact that they are on "every target" is completely irrelevant.
    The fact that they arent per-target is the point that matters, and therefore a very good argument to have them on the player frame.

Most of the argument from Lore is about the "feel" or "class identity" which are poor arguments when the very fact that they aren't per target any longer significantly impacts on both of those.

They act like a resource on the player, and therefore should be displayed as such IMO.

Addons can do that, but shouldn't be required to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted

I think it has been fixed because I remember that just after 6.0.2 hit, I was able to generate combo point with FoK without even hitting my target. It still required to have one though.

But like someone said before, being able to FoK far away from your target and get in range + finisher would be far too op.

am i the only one that doesn't want the location of combo points to get moved? ! I like it where it is. I play with the default UI except I move my character plate above the target plate this isnt as comfortable for me on classes with extra resources below or Pets. Been too long I got used to it being on the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't care less about where the combo points are displayed, problem is the inconsistency of them appearing and disappearing when they're supposed to be "on the rogue".
    Last edited by Artorius; 2014-11-07 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    I couldn't care less about where the combo points are displayed, who is even using default UI...?
    Thousands of people..myself included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Thousands of people..myself included.
    Yeah, edited the post after I realized that I was exaggerating.

Deleted
    Plenty of addons that will manage it without really needing to set them up either.