Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Had my first crash by the way. Also, where the heck is the 'exit to desktop' button :s

For me it does not crash at all (Lucky me I guess ?). And if I was to nitpick I would say that a tiny bit of hint where to go sometimes would help + some of the spells need a bit of balancing (cast time and range mostly). But those are really tiny things. And if you hesitate/are not exactly fan of the genre, you can always just wait till it drops in price and get it later with patches and all.

But overall a very solid buy for somebody who likes to swing an axe or sword around. Perfect buy for christmas all day long gaming.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Weekend Report:

I had my first crash after about 10 Hours in game. After that I had 2 more crashes at the exact same spot. I'm not sure what caused it, but I eventually got through it.

There are definitely some weird bugs in the game. Mostly I've had weird issues with random invisible walls in the middle of a pathway, some weird physics issues where enemies are shot off into space, and possible another physics issue where leaping attacks have me climb on the back of bosses (which would be totally awesome if it were intended).

I also restarted from a Cleric base to a Warrior base. The Warrior is by far the easy-mode for this game IMO. I haven't tried Rogue though, so maybe it is even easier but I would find that hard to believe. Some reviews I read mentioned Quake as being this OP Warrior Spell, but honestly Rage has been what's made the game super easy for me, and trivialized every boss fight thus far.

Although I'm not done with the game, I think I am 2-3 bosses from the end based on the achievement list. I've put in about 14 hours with my Warrior and 3 on the Cleric so far. I've actually really enjoyed playing this game. The levels are designed beautifully and I have enjoyed the Zelda-style exploration and revisiting of previous spots to find hidden treasures and trinkets. The armor design is also great. I really enjoy that my guy looks like a total bad ass after being somewhat generic in the Souls series.

10+ Year Old Account
    after playing some more (no crashes this time) i have started encountering these massive shield-wielding enemies who just seem to not want to die, i have started being to able to get past them but it takes a lot of time( and potions) every time so i wa just wondering if anyone have any good solutions to dealing with these?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    After Weekend Report:

I had my first crash after about 10 Hours in game. After that I had 2 more crashes at the exact same spot. I'm not sure what caused it, but I eventually got through it.

There are definitely some weird bugs in the game. Mostly I've had weird issues with random invisible walls in the middle of a pathway, some weird physics issues where enemies are shot off into space, and possible another physics issue where leaping attacks have me climb on the back of bosses (which would be totally awesome if it were intended).

I also restarted from a Cleric base to a Warrior base. The Warrior is by far the easy-mode for this game IMO. I haven't tried Rogue though, so maybe it is even easier but I would find that hard to believe. Some reviews I read mentioned Quake as being this OP Warrior Spell, but honestly Rage has been what's made the game super easy for me, and trivialized every boss fight thus far.

Although I'm not done with the game, I think I am 2-3 bosses from the end based on the achievement list. I've put in about 14 hours with my Warrior and 3 on the Cleric so far. I've actually really enjoyed playing this game. The levels are designed beautifully and I have enjoyed the Zelda-style exploration and revisiting of previous spots to find hidden treasures and trinkets. The armor design is also great. I really enjoy that my guy looks like a total bad ass after being somewhat generic in the Souls series.
    I agree on the classes. And I actually think rogue is the hardest class, unless after some kind of power break point it gets better. Quake and Rage are best spells for warrior with Prayer as the support spell. But I think there is some spell balancing bound to happen and these things may not be true in the future.

Also the heavy armor kind of gives you the impression of Lich King character. Combo of solace and heavy armor = Lich King on one of his filler adventures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    after playing some more (no crashes this time) i have started encountering these massive shield-wielding enemies who just seem to not want to die, i have started being to able to get past them but it takes a lot of time( and potions) every time so i wa just wondering if anyone have any good solutions to dealing with these?
    There are like two basic levels, one just tries to parry and hit your, other has super fast shield and destroys you with his attack. Quake helps if you play a war, or Rage/Prayer. No experience how other class combos deal with them.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    I know what you are talking about and I had a huge issue with these guys at first. What worked for me was equipping a Great Hammer (now I use a Greatsword), making sure to 2H it, then do R1 Combo's / Leaping + R1 Combo's on them. The first or second hit will break open their shield so the next hit can hurt them. Repeat from there. If you are a Warrior use Rage and just spam R1's.

Deleted
    I killed 4-5 Bosses now, but seems I did it in the wrong order. I killed the Champion Boss before going into the Portal. So I was pretty OP and 3 hitted the Infiltrator with my "My Axe" with 158 Damage and 12% Strength-Scaling GG But the Game runs terrible and uses way too much Power for the Graphics it has. And after 2hours or so I always get a Crash, either Driver stopped working or LordsoftheFallen.exe has stopped working.
    The overall Gameplay is kinda 'meh'. Always these enemies with the Huge Towershields, its just boring. And your swings are so fucking slow, its pretty anoying. And compared to Dark Souls your Armor mages a HUGE difference. And I don't know - I played like 5hrs and already look like the hugest badass on earth and I feel like my gear is crazy good. Just got a Dragonshield that has 46 Balance and 75% resistances.
    Last edited by mmoceccb2eef40; 2014-11-04 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the crashes have gotten worse and worse the farther I got in the game. I beat it last night, after dealing with tons of crashtasticness. I gave up once the game started crashing right in the beginning of NG+. I DO want to play it more, but I'm not going to keep frustrating myself by dealing with annoying crashes. Hopefully Devs release a patch soon. I heard they are working on it.

That being said, without being too spoilery, the finale sequence leading up to the boss was really awesome to me. The change of enemies and the music (main theme with more drums) made it feel like a true "final push" action sequence. But the final boss confused the hell out of me. I must have missed some sort of Lore or audio explaining what the hell was going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fun as fuck. Latest patch seems to have made my FPS much better, especially in areas I was struggling in before. Love how heavy the weapons feel, especially the bigger ones. 2H a greataxe and then doing the running jump attack (which is much more useful then it was in Souls, holy shit its good for slower weapons) is hilariously great. Took me about 15hrs of rerolling and replaying the start of the game till I finally found a build I enjoy enough to take it to the end game, and I'm currently powering on. Just beat the guardian, luck runes are OP as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    It's fun as fuck. Latest patch seems to have made my FPS much better, especially in areas I was struggling in before. Love how heavy the weapons feel, especially the bigger ones. 2H a greataxe and then doing the running jump attack (which is much more useful then it was in Souls, holy shit its good for slower weapons) is hilariously great. Took me about 15hrs of rerolling and replaying the start of the game till I finally found a build I enjoy enough to take it to the end game, and I'm currently powering on. Just beat the guardian, luck runes are OP as fuck.
    I have a feeling I took the most hamfisted way to get through the game because I literally did not use a single Rune. I didn't even use the final Rune because I wasn't sure what weapon to put it in...and the weapons I used typically didn't have Rune Slots.

Jumping attacks are definitely awesome though. The Greatsword is my favorite since it looks like its taking people's heads off with its super swing. Backtracking through weaker enemies was fun because I was just in full sprint doing these leaping attacks at anything that got in my way. Poor Rhogar.

Question though, in the brief time I played NG+ before I started crashing I noticed my Stamina was not being drained by normal attacks, only blocks and rolls. Does this sound like some sort of bug or is it a perk for beating the game as a Warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I have a feeling I took the most hamfisted way to get through the game because I literally did not use a single Rune. I didn't even use the final Rune because I wasn't sure what weapon to put it in...and the weapons I used typically didn't have Rune Slots.

Jumping attacks are definitely awesome though. The Greatsword is my favorite since it looks like its taking people's heads off with its super swing. Backtracking through weaker enemies was fun because I was just in full sprint doing these leaping attacks at anything that got in my way. Poor Rhogar.

Question though, in the brief time I played NG+ before I started crashing I noticed my Stamina was not being drained by normal attacks, only blocks and rolls. Does this sound like some sort of bug or is it a perk for beating the game as a Warrior?
    Not sure, still haven't beaten the game myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Was on sale on PSN. Played for two hours, two crashes. But that doesn't matter.

Main problem with this third grade title - it wants to be dark souls, but it isn't. Because I died twice on Worshiper boss and then deleted it. In Dark Souls 1 I probably died 20 times when I took the wrong turn and encountered Kapra Demon. But I died and died, because it's Dark Souls - very effin immersive and cool world. So when I died twice to Worshiper, went back in - *sigh* constantly spamming minions, slowly chipping away the health and some bullshit move this boss here so it can hit this spot mechanic. Just wayyyyyy too much effort. And for what? For a lame ass world and story? Walking in it - I wouldn't mind. Next time put difficulty slider in your mediocre game, because no one wants to put an effort in your mediocre game to get less than mediocre story, progression, yada yada.

3/10 - crap
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english