Deleted

Boot Order / HDD Help?

Hey guys,

So I upgraded a few parts of my PC last month, and finally got round to building it.

Current setup now is:
    i5-3470 Stock clock speed
    8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
    Asrock Z77 Motherboard (Upgraded from a MSI B75MA-P45)
    MSI nVidia GTX 970 (Upgraded from a HD Radeon 7770)
    EVGA 750W Gold Supernova PSU (Upgraded from a 550 Corsair Bronze PSU)
    Hitachi 1TB Hard Drive

Okay, so what happens when I boot my PC is that it goes straight to the BIOS settings for the mobo. From here I can see that it can detect my Hard-drive, however I cannot get the BIOS to boot the drive. When I press F11 to go to the boot menu, it comes up with the error message 'No Boot Device Available'. Any suggestions at to whats going wrong?

15+ Year Old Account
    If I am not mistaken on that board there is HDD priority and Boot Priority, two separate settings, make sure your OS drive is first in both, are you using UEFI or Legacy?

Deleted
    Can see 'Storage Configuration' and a seperate boot priority. The drive is identified on SATA3_1 rather than SATA3_0 if that makes any difference... Also, I wouldn't be able to tell you what I was using... How would I find that out?

Deleted
    Two questions.

Have you installed an operating system on the new drive?

If not, make sure your bios boots from dvd drive and use your startup disk or OS disk.

Also if you do have an os installed check your motherboard manual, if you are using SATA it should tell you what is the best port to use for the HD cable.

Deleted
    Got Windows 7 Installed yeah, and checked, it says preference is 0-5 and it is in one of those ports...

15+ Year Old Account
    Which version of your motherboard are you using, is it a Pro4?

Deleted
    Extreme 4, not the pro. My bad for not mentioning that...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, put Windows Boot disk in disk drive, boots from disk fine but just stuck at 'Starting Windows' screen...

15+ Year Old Account
    I would check all your connections to your HDD, make sure boot drive is on port 0 (it shouldnt matter but you never know), check your bios, load optimized defaults, if your using a dedicated GPU disable igpu and make sure your sata settings are set to ahci. It should boot with those settings, if not you may have to re-install Windows. Windows 7 doesn't like it when you change Motherboards

Deleted
    Reset the UEFI settings to default and worked like a dream. Thanks for your help all!

15+ Year Old Account
    Glad to hear.