Arms Warriors - Can We Have Overpower Back Please!?

Some of the ability pruning just doesn't make sense to me. Overpower is a staple to the Arms Warrior, it was the first ability we old Warriors got where we would be happy if a mob dodged an attack so you had a button to press.

We've been given Whirlwind instead of Overpower which just seems odd. First of all the play style feels like Vanilla again, next if your specced into Taste for Blood especially your just spinning around like crazy. Arm's Warriors are supposed to use strong and decisive strikes, Whirlwinding like crazy outside of an occassional Bladestorm seems far more Fury like, and Arms is supposed to be the more disciplined of the two.

Arms has also been the PvP spec for like ever, I don't wanna worry about gimping my damage output because I'm afraid to break CC.

Deleted
    Nevah. Arms is about "slow, careful hits", as they've adopted as a new mantra. Be thankful we actually press a button. In the next expo, MS and Rend will be gone too. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Serious note: Arms is absolute dog to play, but this is a thread that they've heard at least a thousand times before and they've done nothing. I think Arms is exactly how they want it- grandmother compatible. I reckon they don't have any Arms players on the development team, and I'm super serious when I say that.

Deleted
    Taste for Blood
    Passive
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Rend ticks now proc the use of Overpower, this effect cannot happen more than once every 6 seconds.
    Overpower
    10 Rage Melee Range
    Instant
    Requires Melee Weapon
    This ability is the same fucking thing we removed at the start of WoD but we were too stupid to realise it's a core ability, we might consider renaming it to Wild Strike (Arms) if we see fit.

You're fucking welcome Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    You're fucking welcome Blizzard.
    Lost it at the Overpower desc. I like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think since overpower stopped being anti-rogue skill, it lost its charm, Whirlwind seems more fitting for me. As well, isn't Slam is an Overpower replacement? I mean, you overpower enemy with multiple fast hits that increase in strength each time
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I think since overpower stopped being anti-rogue skill, it lost its charm, Whirlwind seems more fitting for me. As well, isn't Slam is an Overpower replacement? I mean, you overpower enemy with multiple fast hits that increase in strength each time
    Am I under the impression WW counts as an AoE ability and thus Rogues can Feint it? Because if so Slam may even be the way to go versus anything where your kill target is the Rogue?

Deleted
    I think the core issue at hand, though, is that Overpower is just a KIND of iconic ability for Warriors.

Claiming it wasn't used is like saying warriors don't use Bladestorm.

Deleted
    Pretty pissed BS went from level 60 to level 90, but that's another story.

What I don't get at all is why Overpower was removed, only to have Rend have its own button again. Honestly, what the everloving fuck? So we lose one very fun button, and receive one extremely dull and boring button that used to be automatically applied with Mortal Strike. How does that make sense to anyone? And how can anyone consider that fun?

Arms used to be one of my favorite DPS specs in the game, and the two things that made the spec unique and fun to me were:

1) Saving up a couple of Overpowers, waiting for Colossus Smash and a Proc and then going BAM BAM BAM

2) in AoE, hitting Mortal Strike on one target to apply bleeding, and then Thunderclapping to make everyone bleed! Yay!

... oh god, how I miss it

So, yes, getting Overpower back, and baking Rend into Mortal Strike again (because THAT was actually a useful application of "ability pruning". Rend as its own ability is so boring and useless it seriously boggles my mind. You apply it, and then apply it again a minute or so later. Wow, much fun, such gameplay.), and getting Blood and Thunder back .... those few changes would make the spec enjoyable again.
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-10-31 at 10:15 AM.

Kinda weird considering they specifically made WW a non single target move previously on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Kinda weird considering they specifically made WW a non single target move previously on purpose.
    Well I mean, we do need Whirlwind as AoE. As far as I know, it's the only reliable AoE ability that we have that isn't on a long cooldown? I like it as reliable AoE, but I still refuse to use it as single target. It feels so tremendously clunky. Sort of like Warlock with Rain of Fire on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Well I mean, we do need Whirlwind as AoE. As far as I know, it's the only reliable AoE ability that we have that isn't on a long cooldown? I like it as reliable AoE, but I still refuse to use it as single target. It feels so tremendously clunky. Sort of like Warlock with Rain of Fire on single target.
    Then it can be our AoE skill, Ret Paladins have Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict, if there is more then on target though, they can Hammer of the Righteous and Divine Storm.

Ideally it would be brought back as a minor glyph for pvp purposes to change WW into Overpower (same damage, just no aoe effect).

For pve, Arms has larger issues than WW being a rage dump. If all you did was replace WW with overpower, the spec would still be most boring in game. Other than a stupid looking animation, WW isn't bad for Arms. Actually gives warriors something they didn't have in MoP: passive aoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I under the impression WW counts as an AoE ability and thus Rogues can Feint it? Because if so Slam may even be the way to go versus anything where your kill target is the Rogue?
    let me say this on the warrior forums for the 2nd time in as many days

1. feint only lasts a few seconds

2. no pvp rogue glyphs feint

3. feint costs energy and a global cooldown
    ill probably be infracted for this post

If they give overpower back I'll eat Jalopy's socks.

Deleted
    Tried some arenas with and without Slam since I was playing with a Mage.
    Slam hits for less than a Rend tick*. Whirlwind still tops it off by a mile.

* this may or may not be a slight hyperbole.

Deleted
    up!
    war arms need Overpower like in cataclysm!, the gameplay is so much better with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not buying WoD until they put it back in. This joke of rotation is not worth my money.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.