Deleted

Are Sony and Microsoft being cheap with their free games lineup?

I've had my PS4 since it came out and I've been signed up with PsPlus ever since because I play Fifa online and you can't play multiplayer without having the PsPlus subscription.

One of the selling points that Sony uses is that you get free games every month. In the 10 months or so that we've been given free games we've never gotten a game that was being sold in shops, instead Sony has been giving us Indie games every month.

Now don't get me wrong, some indie games can be fun but what on earth is the point of investing in a new and advanced console if you end up playing indie games with Nintendo 64 graphics...The only game that has been offered for free that didn't look like this was Outlast, but that was a game that was being sold cheap. So to say it in a different way, in a period of 10 months playing for PSplus there's not been a single AAA title that has been offered for free with PsPlus.

Yesterday I decided to check what Microsoft have been offering their customers who purchase Xbox live and what do you know, they are offering the same Indie style games as Sony are. The most sad part is that Microsoft could put massive amounts of pressure on Sony by offering a AAA title every months for say the next 3 months.

I am seriously considering cancelling my Psplus membership because Fifa is the only game I play online on the console and I have gotten bored of it already.

Is anyone else fed up with the cheap games they are offering to people who pay extra or am I just a spoiled gamer with too high expectations?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...d-for-november

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...ntent-revealed

Why would they ever give you a game from a store? They want you to buy those games lol.

If you were expecting them to give $20-60 games away for free....well, yeah, very high expectations indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    Why would they ever give you a game from a store? They want you to buy those games lol.

If you were expecting them to give $20-60 games away for free....well, yeah, very high expectations indeed
    The ps3 is littered with AAA games in the instant game collection. In fact this month if the first time since it's inception that the ps3 has not gotten a full retail AAA game for the month.

People expected that on the PS4 in it's FIRST year, they expected wrong. Come 2015 you will start to see those AAA games come for the ps4 IGC slowly. You actually need old AAA games to do that, if you think Sony is going to give away a few months old $40/$60 games you thought wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I'm surprised they chose to offer indie games this time around, the current gen consoles does not exactly have a outstanding AAA library yet which is something that will come in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised they chose to offer indie games this time around, the current gen consoles does not exactly have a outstanding AAA library yet which is something that will come in time.
    this basicly. how can you offer free AAA games if you almost got no old AAA games yet.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    this basicly. how can you offer free AAA games if you almost got no old AAA games yet.
    People should be thankful they at least get the indy games, and the ps4 supported IGC from day 1. The vita had to wait 8 months before they started giving away games on it, and by time it was 16 months into the vita's release it had a AAA game in Uncharted on there and another 2 full retail games in Gravity Rush and Wipeout.

It's pretty much a given Killzone Shadowfall is hitting ps+ sometime next year and will be the first AAA game on it and start the trickle. Funny enough it is actually cheaper for Sony to give away old AAA games then it is to give away BRAND NEW indy games so the people calling them cheap are hilarious. Not like they are feeding you 6 month old indy games either, they give you indy games on their release date and big name ones like Outlast and Binding of Isaac Rebirth at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining about free stuff. If you bought PS+ just for free stuff you need to rethink that. You're supposed to have bought it to utilize the features of the console/PSN that require it; the free stuff is a bonus to ease the cost in people's minds. Sony is not giving you a gift.

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone recently asked me if PS+ was worth it for PS4 i took a quick glance and their setup and well, it really isn't worth it is it?

Plenty of goodies for PS3 but can't see any game i would really see of any value, but that's normal i suppose the console is new that's the risk for buying a console when it comes out lack of good games.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS+ for PS3 is still dropping a lot of good games. PS+ PS4 games aren't terrible. Resogun, Outlast, Spelunky aren't bad. A lot of the PS4 ones are niche but aren't bad. The problem with the PS+ lineup is that its library isn't as big or old enough as the PS3s yet. Releasing bigger titles would have been cutting directly into the pockets of a lot of AAA developers. If they were doing AAA titles at this point stage of the PS4s life then you would've had a nice sized portion of the PS4s AAA titles for only $50-$60. Thats not a realistic business model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Complaining about free stuff. If you bought PS+ just for free stuff you need to rethink that. You're supposed to have bought it to utilize the features of the console/PSN that require it; the free stuff is a bonus to ease the cost in people's minds. Sony is not giving you a gift.
    Well before you pretty much did buy it for the free games. Only the PS+ requires it and not for all multiplayer features/games.

Deleted
    Because its PS4 and not PS3. You will have to wait some years before you start to get "real" games on PS4 through PSN+

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazio View Post

Is anyone else fed up with the cheap games they are offering to people who pay extra or am I just a spoiled gamer with too high expectations?
    for oct they had batman arkham asylum for ps3(cant download on ps4) published by eidos, not sure if their considered AAA. i had loads of fun with spelunky from oct also.

ps3 has had tons of other AAA titles also on psn+. crysis3, borderlands 1 and 2, dead space 3 off the top of my head. i lean towards you being spoiled.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2014-10-31 at 11:59 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...games-include/

Looks like Sony felt it was time to put some good titles into the psplus promotions..

Will be interesting to see if Microsoft does something similar
    Last edited by mmoc9ab72d99d5; 2014-11-05 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typo